Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default House @ 9340 W Outer Dr

Does anyone have any information about this house? N Rosedale Park is a more stable neighborhood. Depending on what the house needs [[roof, windows), it could be a nice place. Looks to be designed by an architect, though I'm not positive. Has a uniquely-shaped pool in the backyard, but no garage...kind of a deal breaker.

http://leonardpickett.point2agent.co...&Cc=1003032885

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9340+W...00992&t=h&z=20

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9340+W...OpdwbysaUPjXfg

It just went up for sale within the last week. I believe the people who are putting the house up for sale are still living in it. I didn't see any forcliosure tags on the house prior to the for sale sign going up. I'm surprised that it's selling for the price listed. Maybe an older couple owns it and it needs extensive repairs. I will say that it is a very unconventional looking house, although the house next door looks very much like it. The neighborhood is still pretty stable despite a number of foreclosures and vacancies that exist. The neighborhood association does a good job of assisting in keeping vacant homes looking occupied. That's all I can think of. I hope it helps.

yea, i noticed it wasn't a foreclosure and there doesn't seem to be any purchase transactions as of lately...so i'm thinking the house probably needs replacement some/all major systems. i'm afraid the pool may be leaking-either into the yard or close to the house putting hydrostatic pressure on the foundation/water in basement...these would be big cost fixes. hence the low price - i was hoping to see interior pics...

It is bank owned [[Freddie Mac). Sheriffs sale amount was: $167,283.00. Assuming this sells for around $30,000 and FMAC nets around $20,000 that's almost a 90% loss for FMAC. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon48202 View Post
    It is bank owned [[Freddie Mac). Sheriffs sale amount was: $167,283.00. Assuming this sells for around $30,000 and FMAC nets around $20,000 that's almost a 90% loss for FMAC. Ouch!
    They made the Loan, too bad they weren't smarter.