Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Default I'm Looking for NYE Plans....

Any ideas that don't involve high restaurant ticket prices or clubbing? That's not really my style!

Thanks!

Come downtown and watch the ball drop in Campus Martius at midnight. You could also go ice skating or just bar hop until that point. A lot of places in the city will not have cover.

You could go to the Red Wing game on New Years Eve! The game will be over well before midnight so you could stop downtown after the game for a drink at any number of places!

Thornetta Davis @ The Harbor House!!!

$50/person gets you a buffet spread, champagne toast, party favors, and three sets of terrific music!!!

The Harbor House is located at 440 Clinton St. near Greektown.

For reservations, call 313.967.9900

A 6 pack of beer and a pack of smokes for the annual midnight drive around Belle Isle. Watch the annual midnight shooting of weapons in the City from the [[relative) safety of an island in the middle of the Detroit River. Remember though, what goes up must come down! Found a spent .38 bullet in my driveway one New Year's morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Come downtown and watch the ball drop in Campus Martius at midnight. You could also go ice skating or just bar hop until that point. A lot of places in the city will not have cover.
    does Campus Martius really have a ball drop or was that a joke i didnt get? Taking the child to Mary Poppins & dinner for her B day that night and I think she would like a ball drop

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    A 6 pack of beer and a pack of smokes for the annual midnight drive around Belle Isle. Watch the annual midnight shooting of weapons in the City from the [[relative) safety of an island in the middle of the Detroit River. Remember though, what goes up must come down! Found a spent .38 bullet in my driveway one New Year's morning.
    Um... Yikes! LOL! Nah....

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    does Campus Martius really have a ball drop or was that a joke i didnt get? Taking the child to Mary Poppins & dinner for her B day that night and I think she would like a ball drop
    My birthday's New Year's Day so I'd like to have a good time on both days.... something more grown and sexy and sophisticated than standing out in the cold to watch a ball drop or drink beer [[ugh)! Sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    Not a joke. There will be an inaugural ball drop featuring Detroit's old-English "D." There's a big party being held at Compuware/Hard Rock Cafe, but you do not need to buy tickets to watch the ball fall at midnight, just be in Campus Martius:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010121...ar-s-tradition

http://www.neptix.com/events/2801/

bartock Guest

The Romantics and the Gin Blossoms are performing a free concert outdoors in downtown Royal Oak. There is a ball drop there, also.

Parties around WSU if you feel like the college crowd...

Has anyone ever done the Detroit Princess? As a boater I always have been curious.

I did the Detroit Princess last New Years...they have a nice New Years Eve package...check it out on their website..But if you really want to have a good time for a lot less money come to All That Jazz River Club [[formerly Rumors on the River) located in the River House Apartment Complex 8900 E. Jefferson Ave. [[Behind the Jeffersonian on the River next to the Erma Henderson Marina) Tickets are $7.00 in advance...$9.00 at the door...there will be live music & entertainment, Hors D'Oeuvres, party favours, a midnight champagne toast, valet parking, and dancing. If you want dinner they have a great dinner menu at very reasonable prices. In addition you get a beautiful view of the Detroit River. It starts at 7:00pm-until. In case you're wondering I do not own the club...but I do live at the River House and I'm promoting just one of the many businesses located in the building. You do not have to live at the River House or know anyone there. All Are Welcome!!! PS....this party is for a mature crowd.
    Last edited by EastsideQT; December-28-10 at 02:46 PM.

Go see the Detroit Party Marching Band at the Trumbullplex [[East side of Trumbull between Canfield and Calumet).

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideQT View Post
    I did the Detroit Princess last New Years...they have a nice New Years Eve package...check it out on their website..But if you really want to have a good time for a lot less money come to All That Jazz River Club [[formerly Rumors on the River) located in the River House Apartment Complex 8900 E. Jefferson Ave. [[Behind the Jeffersonian on the River next to the Erma Henderson Marina) Tickets are $7.00 in advance...$9.00 at the door...there will be live music & entertainment, Hors D'Oeuvres, party favours, a midnight champagne toast, valet parking, and dancing. If you want dinner they have a great dinner menu at very reasonable prices. In addition you get a beautiful view of the Detroit River. It starts at 7:00pm-until. In case you're wondering I do not own the club...but I do live at the River House and I'm promoting just one of the many businesses located in the building. You do not have to live at the River House or know anyone there. All Are Welcome!!! PS....this party is for a mature crowd.
    Wow, now this sounds promising! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by boogiechillen View Post
    Go see the Detroit Party Marching Band at the Trumbullplex [[East side of Trumbull between Canfield and Calumet).
    Thanks for the tip, boogiechillen- I think I'll check that out! Do you know when the marching band is going on?

Skipper's Hamtown Bar. No cover. Regular prices. Hangout with friends. Meet new friends. Pool, darts, juke, cocktails, beers, wines, coffee, tea. It's warm and friendly. You can walk to other bars in Hamtown. Stop at a local restaurant and have dinner. Order in, if you like. We'll be hanging until everyone is gone. WWW.SKIPPERSHAMTOWN.COM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyScholar10 View Post
    My birthday's New Year's Day so I'd like to have a good time on both days.... something more grown and sexy and sophisticated than standing out in the cold to watch a ball drop or drink beer [[ugh)! Sigh....
    Happy Birthday! I'm a New Years baby myself, 12:50am. Wasn't the first in the city but I was the first at my hospital. Won a crib and some shoes. My dad complained that an hour sooner and he could have had a tax deduction.
    Last edited by Downriviera; December-31-10 at 06:48 AM.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Happy Birthday! I'm a New Years baby myself, 12:50am. Wasn't the first in the city but I was the first at my hospital. Wpm a crib and some shoes. My dad complained that an hour sooner and he could have had a tax deduction.
    Happy Birthday, fellow New Year's baby!

Although I was 14 days early, I "decided" to arrive in the afternoon [[3:29 p.m.)....

Quote Originally Posted by roblinn View Post
    Thanks for the tip, boogiechillen- I think I'll check that out! Do you know when the marching band is going on?
    We're supposed to go on at 9:30 to get the party started!

Anything going on in greektown? Or bars around there?

DetroitDad Guest

We're about to walk down to the Compuware Building/Campus Martius Park for the dropping of the D Ball. I hope all of you have a safe night, and hope to see some of you there.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; December-31-10 at 10:52 PM.