Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default KFC commercial sort of...

This is a scene from a documentary by Pierre Falardeau, a Montreal filmmaker, the title is Pea Soup.
    This title is a derogatory term referring to french canadians. I love this little chubby kid filmed in a
    backyard soewhere in the east end of Montreal's Hochelaga Maisonneuve neighborhood. The filmamker gave the kid a bucket of KFC and a big Coke and let the questions about money, life and baseball rip. This was shot in 1972. French with english subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jBNv...6A705&index=15

The youngster had alot to say while polishing off that bucket of chicken lol ! I don't think he was any different than any kid his age lol I'm sure if he were feed some of that KFC poutine he wouldn't have been so talkative , KFC poutine is nasty ! Why would a French Canada filmaker say anything derogatory ? Thats where my heritage is and don't understand it ..........ribbit-ribbit

Yeah, its more to do with how he viewed the quebecois as meek and colonized. Not my viewpoint, I think everybody is colonized by all sorts of influences and you can rise above it or join the fray unquestioningly, its all a big fat world we live in. I like that he is happy sitting on home turf scoffing it up.