Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I don't know whether or not this would be appropriate but perhaps an e-mail to the creator of this site could be helpful. He has done extensive research into the mining industry up in copper country. He may have a list of names. I notice there are 2 candidates from that area.

side note. there is a link back to Ruins of Detroit on his site. how cool is that

Mikeg, Alfie1a,

Thank you very much
    Mike, I amaze by the work that you do. I went on summary page that you have made. Little by little, we can progress.

Alfie,
    I don't understand the last sentence.
    Sometimes my American teacher can help to translate. Sometimes I must translate alone. When you employ idioms, I am lost. [[and if you write of difficult way, I don't understand very well). But, when I see my American teacher, she translates the idioms and it is very interesting for me.

Thank you very much again.
    Mary

Thank you very much
    Mike, I am amazed by the work that you do
    All of the most recent research work has been done by "DtCtyGrl" and "Lferg", I have simply posted the new information to the summary web page.

I have been juggling several other genealogical and historical research projects that are near completion, plus I am working on my income taxes. As soon as I get those all behind me, I hope to be able to do more on the William Murphy research.

Tous les plus récents de la recherche de travail a été fait par "DtCtyGrl" et "Lferg", j'ai simplement émis des nouvelles informations au sommaire page Web.

J'ai été de jongler avec plusieurs autres généalogique et historique des projets de recherche qui sont en voie d'achèvement, plus je travaille sur mes impôts sur le revenu. Dès que je reçois tous ceux derrière moi, j'espère être en mesure de faire plus sur la recherche de William Murphy.

Alfie,
    I don't understand the last sentence
    He is saying that he found another web site and that the owner has a link on it to this web site, which is owned by the same person who owns this DetroitYes forum. "How cool is that" means he thinks that is an interesting coincidence. Unfortunately, Alfie1a forgot to include a link to the web site he found, which apparently is about the "Copper Country" region of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The "Copper Country" is the area where William Murphy # 1 and # 2 were living when they joined the Army. William # 1 worked in the copper mines and # 2 was a clerk for a copper mining company.

Il dit qu'il a trouvé un autre site Web et que le propriétaire a un lien Ã[ ce site web, qui est détenue par la même personne qui est propriétaire de ce forum DetroitYes. "Comment est cool que« les moyens Alfie1a constate que, pour être une coïncidence intéressante.Malheureusement, Alfie1a oublié d'inclure un lien vers le site web il a trouvé, qui est apparemment sur le "Pays de cuivre" de la région de Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Le "Pays de cuivre» est la zone où William Murphy # 1 et # 2 ont été la vie quand ils ont rejoint l'Armée de terre. William n ° 1 a travaillé dans les mines de cuivre et n ° 2 a été un employé d'une compagnie minière de cuivre.
    Last edited by Mikeg; April-10-09 at 11:36 AM.

oops. Forgot the link. hehe here it is.

http://www.pasty.com/reflections/index.htm

I would e-mail Mr. Voelker myself but not too good at that sort of thing.

Mikeg, thanks for explaining to Mary about my last sentence. If I did that, I would have probably caused more confusion.

Hi Mary and good luck with your search.

Thanks for the link, Alfie1a! It's a very interesting web site with tons of old photos.

From the "Contact Me" page, it appears that the web site author now resides here in suburban Detroit.

Hi Mikeg , Alfie 1a, everyone,

Thank you very much , Mike, for the translation of Alfie . Thank you to Alfie for your link with old photos.

Alfie, it is not grave that you employ idioms or sentences that are not simple. Thus, I can progress in English. And my American teacher can me help.

I am happy to read you

Cordially.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Have you tried posting a message on one of the genealogy sites? Genforum and Rootsweb both offer message boards where you will find other people researching the Murphy surname.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/murphy/

It may also be worth a try to post it in the WWI forum.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/wwi/

Here is the link for the Roostweb board.

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.murphy/mb.ashx

Thank you very much Lferg.
    I am trying to post a message on http://genforum.genealogy.com/murphy/. I am registered me, I have received a message on my e-mail and than I wrote a message on this site , but I can not post it. Perhaps I must wait.
    Tomorrow I will try to post on other sites.
    Thank you again.
    Mary

Hi Mary, it must have worked as I just saw the message.

Hi,

Thank you very much Lferg.

I am registered me, to on the site http://genforum.genealogy.com/wwi/ and I posted a message.

I went to on the site http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.murphy/mb.ashx, Mike posted already a message, in March, for my research.

More soon and cordially.

Mary

Hello Mary,

I have been very busy this week but I will do some more searching in a few days.

J'ai été très occupé cette semaine, mais je vais faire un peu plus de recherche dans quelques jours.

Mikeg

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your help.

I am happy to read you and to read the persons of this forum.

More soon.

Good Sunday.

Mary

DtCtyGrl has sent me a lot of additional information that she found over the weekend about William Murphy #8, #9 and #13. I have updated the summary page with her new discoveries. All three of these men have been ruled out as possibly being the grandfather of Mary Murphy. The original list of 18 names has now been whittled down to 7 possibilities: 2 that are strong, 3 that are weak and 2 that are of unknown potential.

DtCtyGrl m'a envoyé un grand nombre d'informations supplémentaires qu'elle a trouvé au cours du week-end de William Murphy # 8, # 9 et # 13. J'ai mis Ã[ jour la page de résumé de ses découvertes. Ces trois hommes ont été exclu comme pouvant être le père de Mary Murphy. La liste initiale de 18 noms a été réduite Ã[ 7 possibilités: 2, qui sont solides, 3 qui sont faibles et 2 qui sont de potentiels inconnus.
    Last edited by Mikeg; April-20-09 at 11:50 AM.

Thank you again Mike and thank you to at DtCtyGrl for the big work that you do.,

Little by little, we begin to see more clear , because, now, there are less of William Murphy who can be my grandfather. But I hope that there are not other William Murphy [[forgotten) who could be this grandfather. I hope to, that William was his first given name end not a middle name as one person wrote on this forum.

I am always happy to read you.

More soon.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Can you remember anything else your Grandmother said about William? Did she tell you if he was tall, or what color hair he had? Did your Father possibly look like him?

Also, did he know about your Father?

Hi Lferg,

My grandmother told nothing about William . It is my father that told about William. The mother of my father [[my grandmother) said him that William was tall, handsome man , blond red hair.

I think that my father could look like William, but I am not sure.

My father told me that William wrote letters to Germaine [[my grandmother) and that the mother of my grandmother burnt this letters when Germaine was pregnant. I know only that.
    Unfortunately!

Thank very much for your message.
    More soon.

Mary

I've found the 1910 and 1920 US Census records for William Murphy #1 and have uploaded them and updated the summary page.

Based on the National Personnel Records Center's response to my SF-180 request on this individual, I have completed and submitted the "Questionnaire About Military Service" [[Form 13075).

I am so far unable to find the Draft Registration Card for William Murphy #18.
    Last edited by Mikeg; April-27-09 at 07:17 AM.

I couldn't find a draft card for #18 either, maybe he enlisted?

I found #18's draft registration. His birthday is April 16, not April 19.
    Attachment 886
    Last edited by Lowell; May-02-09 at 11:36 AM.

Thank you very much for your Help!
    Cordially and more soon.
    Mary

I've updated the Summary Page with added information on William Murphy #12, #14 and #18 received from Lferg and Faygoredpop. William Murphy #18 looks like a strong candidate for another SF-180.

J'ai mis Ã[ jour Ã[ l'aide de l'ajouter des informations sur William Murphy # 12, # 14 et # 18 ont reçu de Lferg et Faygoredpop. William Murphy # 18 semble être un excellent candidat pour une autre SF-180.

I'm not so sure about #18, if he was described as short with brown hair, could he be considered tall with blond red hair to a french woman?

Thank you very much Lferg and Faygoredpop.

Mike, I am very happy, because, now, there are less of William Murphy. The number “18” is perhaps a good candidate for an other SF- 180. But my father told me that William was tall with blond red hair... But the colours of hair , the size are subjective things.

Thank you again, Mike.

More soon.
    Mary

Hi Lferg,

How it is strange!. During I Prepared my answer, You replied more quick than me and for the same thing.

Cordially.
    Mary

I may have found William J. Murphy #18. I looked at the Nationwide Gravesite Locator. This site displays where veterans are buried. The website is http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov When I inputed William Murphy with the birth year of 1895 one of the ones that came up was

5. MURPHY, WILLIAM J PFC US ARMY WORLD WAR I DATE OF BIRTH: 04/16/1895 DATE OF DEATH: 12/10/1959 BURIED AT: SECTION G SITE 497 NEW ALBANY NATIONAL CEMETERY 1943 EKIN AVENUE NEW ALBANY, IN 47150 [[812) 948-5234

Now, I know that this person is buried in Indiana and not Michigan, but he may have moved. I have tried to see if the cemetery has a website that I could email them to see if this is the same William J. Murphy from Michigan, unfortunately they do not, but this might be a new lead.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast