Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The little shack on Medbury and Elmwood is burning!

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the young white guy who was fixing the place recently?

It looks like the kerosene in back of the house went up-I saw blue flames. I hope the guy wasn't in the house.....

That was my place a few years ago. Dude named Monk lives there now. Hes not on this board.

I just talked to Monk, The shack is gone and a puppie died in the fire. He hasnt told anyone because he didnt want to spread bad news at Christmas time.

The dog fucks me up.

aaww....that really, really sucks
    Poor lil' pup....

Thanks for the heads up Malmarson. By you and chance we ran into Monk and hes sleepin upstairs here tonight.

We went by the shack, its totally gone. I really liked that little place.

Poor dog. It really does suck. Monk had him for 5 yrs. Name was Brutus.

Thanks for checking on Monk. I really worried when I saw the shack go up-I live about 3 blocks away from it, and the fire was so bad for a short time, I thought we had a gas leak explosion. I just feel bad-I watched Monk fixing the roof there recently. When someone tries to fix a house, and this happens-damn.

How did I guess django, that this is a thread you were on. Hope the Field Marshall isn't mad at you for your kindness to a friend. Give him Noneyet as a replacement dog.

I can only imagine how terrible it must be to lose your home to fire. I wish your friend the best moving forward.

I hope I'm not being rude, but I'm trying to figure out where this took place. Is this the home in question?

That's it. Man, today only two walls are somewhat standing...

Thats the one. A friend bought the property at auction for $300. Had a woodburning stove, which may be the culprit.

Was this what it looked before he fixed it up? I hate to be negative but it hardly looks habitable looking at that pic... too bad about the dog but I'm glad that Monk is alright.

Not sure of the area, looks like it was on one of those desolate streets with more lots than houses.......
    Quote Originally Posted by malmarson View Post
    That's it. Man, today only two walls are somewhat standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    I can only imagine how terrible it must be to lose your home to fire. I wish your friend the best moving forward.

I hope I'm not being rude, but I'm trying to figure out where this took place. Is this the home in question?
    Here's a Google Maps link for those who want to explore the neighborhood.

Looks a bit small to be called a house. Did it used to be a shop or something?

It was just a small house. Ive seen others exactly like it around the East side.

I believe the pic was taken a little before I lived there. It was what it was, I live pretty spartan.

Can I ask a question-how did you live in a house without windows? I'd find it kinda....creepy, Django.

What I'm very curious about is the graffiti.

It looks a lot less like gang graffiti, and more like relevant information. Any insight?

lol google's feeling festive, the street view "guy" is wearing a santa hat!

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    lol google's feeling festive, the street view "guy" is wearing a santa hat!

What can I say about having no windows, I didnt have the money for windows. It was a cheap place to live and Im not hard to please.

As far as the graffiti I have no idea what that was about. I used to pick up cardboard signs along the roadside and staple them to the front of the house for fun. I think I had a real estate service sign, a rehabilitate your kid sign and about two others which I cant remember. After I moved out some gang type graffiti showed up. When I first moved in I wasnt very welcome in the hood being a middle aged white guy. Kids would come in groups to throw rocks at the house. They would actually climb up on the roof and taunt us until I blew a couple of 12 gauge loads off [[into the ground)they then seemed to get the message and pretty much left us alone.
    There was a very long thread here years back when I was threatened with the guy across the street with his 38 caliber. Motherfucker actually tapped me on the head with it. That was a pretty good thread, before the changeover here on DYES.

The stories I could tell while living there. Like they say, what dont kill ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    What can I say about having no windows, I didnt have the money for windows. It was a cheap place to live and Im not hard to please.

As far as the graffiti I have no idea what that was about. I used to pick up cardboard signs along the roadside and staple them to the front of the house for fun. I think I had a real estate service sign, a rehabilitate your kid sign and about two others which I cant remember. After I moved out some gang type graffiti showed up. When I first moved in I wasnt very welcome in the hood being a middle aged white guy. Kids would come in groups to throw rocks at the house. They would actually climb up on the roof and taunt us until I blew a couple of 12 gauge loads off [[into the ground)they then seemed to get the message and pretty much left us alone.
    There was a very long thread here years back when I was threatened with the guy across the street with his 38 caliber. Motherfucker actually tapped me on the head with it. That was a pretty good thread, before the changeover here on DYES.

The stories I could tell while living there. Like they say, what dont kill ya.
    Holy crap, man.

Let's hang out.

Come on finish the quote, "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger"

Since we're all still alive, we must be the strongest MF'ers around then.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Django is really ALIVE!

Yep, damn glad django is still around. What ever his history, he is one of the kindest person we know. We love him and Turkey Loaf sends same. Sarge too. Maybe even the Field Marshall.

That shack is/was sad. Monk has a place to stay thanks to Django.

Sumas

And I thought I was lucky to survive Hamtown. Django, you are my new hero!

:->

I remember taking the bus through that neighborhood on my way downtown and thinking "Damn, I'm glad I'm living on the other side of the GM plant"!
    Last edited by RaumVogel; December-25-10 at 09:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast