Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

eastjohn Guest

Who said that this was acceptable? It's a pity that there has to be this much violence and revenge type attitude by folks. A firebombing is the result of a quarrel at a bar? Just sad.

eastjohn Guest

Where are the Federal Troops?Detroiters simply accept this as normal?Imagine if say a white hooded dude threw the bottle instead of a brother. What would Detroit say then?It should not matter who initiates the violence, this is not acceptable either way. IF Detroit cannot control the streets, it's time for Obama to bring in the Troops.

citylover Guest

Default But it is

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    Who said that this was acceptable? It's a pity that there has to be this much violence and revenge type attitude by folks. A firebombing is the result of a quarrel at a bar? Just sad.
    Tacitly acceptable as this kind of thing happens and not infrequently in Detroit.

Just saw this on the evening news. Ridiculous. Tragic.

Someone got dissed, man. Someone gotta pay. Don't matter who.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eastjohn View Post
    Where are the Federal Troops?Detroiters simply accept this as normal?Imagine if say a white hooded dude threw the bottle instead of a brother. What would Detroit say then?It should not matter who initiates the violence, this is not acceptable either way. IF Detroit cannot control the streets, it's time for Obama to bring in the Troops.
    So get up off your ass and off the internet and do something about it.

eastjohn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    So get up off your ass and off the internet and do something about it.
    I did. Sent letters to Bing, Granholm, Levin brothers.If anyone would like to start an armed citizens patrolled contact me.

I took a little detour on the way home tonight to drive by and say a little prayer for all involved. Just another tragedy in our city.

May they be rarer in our future.

lilpup Guest

I did. Sent letters to Bing, Granholm, Levin brothers.If anyone would like to start an armed citizens patrolled contact me.
    1) Letters are a waste of time

2) Why is it you always want other people to do shit? Go to the PD yourself and ask if there are any patrols or groups you can join. I doubt they'll like you being armed, though.

eastjohn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    1) Letters are a waste of time

2) Why is it you always want other people to do shit? Go to the PD yourself and ask if there are any patrols or groups you can join. I doubt they'll like you being armed, though.
    The people must take control themselves. There is nothing wrong with a well regulated Detroit militia taking up arms to protect their neighborhoods.

Not acceptable at all. What's the alternative - take the law into your own hands? The police in the city are rarely seen, they can't be counted on for a response. I guess the only answer is to learn to defend yourself if needed. Of course, that isn't going to stop an idiot from tossing a firebomb through your window.

Who was it Clinton supplied more money for police department hiring in the nineties? That should be done in Detroit. This kind of thing would not be so frequent if police present was felt. If the city needs to be reconfigured, part of the solution implies added security for folks on the rough side of the tracks.