Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: thug KK's book

Buy American Guest

Default thug KK's book

"Surrendered: The Rise, Fall and Revelation of Kwame Kilpatrick,"

Now, is that a title or what? The credit for his "rise" will go to Momma Cheeks and Daddy Bernard who taught him all the ins and outs of how to rape, steal, pillage the taxpayers of the State of Michigan and the City of Detroit; the credit for his "Fall" will be all the white folks in the suburbs who are all racists; and the "Revelation" will come from God or his jailmate, Bubba.

Book signings limited to court hearings and [[or) jail visits by fans.

Is he actually writing a book?
    If so he better not see a dime of profit. What is the legal issue regarding $$$

If published, every cent he receives should go to the city of Detroit. Or maybe the homeless center reportably shook down for $10,000 so he and "entourage" could go party in Vegas. This man has no conscience, and will always live in his own little fantasy world.

I'm sure it won't quite rank with "Letter from Birmingham Jail."

"Kilpatrick's spokesman Mike Paul said the book will tell Kwame's side to the story. Paul said a motion picture could be made if there is enough interest in the book."

a motion picture from Kwame's POV? seriously? wow.

Will the book be in the Fiction section of the bookstore ?
    Or maybe next to MAD magazine.

Scottie Pippen as Christine Beatty?
    I think there was a past thread on casting a movie.

Buy American Guest

There shouldn't be any profits for thug KK from this book...people should ignore the book and not give him the satisfaction of one person buying it. If there is any profits, the money should go directly to the City of Detroit in the form of restitution. How is Carlita living in that big house in Texas? Who is paying for her bills? That offshore account from thug KK and Daddy B or Momma Cheeks? It's City money.

It should be an action cartoon...or are they called graphic novels?!

The whole time was like a Batman or Spiderman or Superman cartoon...everything was larger than life.

His diamond earring...his size...his posse...the little big-headed children...his wife's prowess with the Louisville slugger...the meetings in his office at city hall with the chief drug dealers...the parties...the motorcycle gang-style parades around downtown, co-starring Bobby Ferguson with the chrome Gladiator-style mask...the Mansion parties...then taking over Belle Isle at night after the curfew...daytime runs on I-94 to a convenient motel for quickie trysts...side story when some of his posse try to drive down railroad tracks like Hollywood...an out-of-state jaunt with Ms. Slowsky for a little ROmance...

...oh the plotlines are endless. It is a cartoon, though, nobody would believe it unless we show the visuals.

Kwhyme shouldn't be allowed to do this, though. We don't want it any more fictionalized. We just need to study the text messages.

Profits go toward helping those aforementioned homeless, some to help the needy elders in the neighborhoods, some to the schools...then a bit for metallurgical tests on the Spirit of Detroit statue to insure he didn't scrap the bronze original and replace it with a plastic replica...and the last and final dollars to ML Elrick and Jim Shaffer, so they can put perpetual spotlights on their Pulitzer Prizes. Maybe postcards to Kwhyme in prison, with the main characters on each...and updates on how the city is thriving now that his greedy hands are not on the steering wheel.

Oh, and we had Forest Whitaker lined up to play the Mayor in the movie, as long as he'd agree to full-frontal nudity. No way we could fake or hide from that with this character.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswordgirl View Post
    "Kilpatrick's spokesman Mike Paul said the book will tell Kwame's side to the story. Paul said a motion picture could be made if there is enough interest in the book."

He gets the chance to tell his side of the story in court, period! The b@stard is shameless as most amoral people are. Dude IS dillusional, he believes he's done nothing wrong. All his deals at least in his mind are "operating" costs.

He can't profit from the book, because of the "Son of Sam" law passed when Berkowitz was offered a book contract. Any money earned by a convict writing about his crimes has to go to the state. That would include money from Hollywood optioning it for a movie.

I wonder if KK's brain trust knows this.

If he does, maybe he's just doing it as a massive PR stunt.

If the sucker was done in the vein of Undercover Brother, there might be an audience for it. Unfortunately, what he did in real life hurt a lot of people and dragged down the image of the city.
    How about Cedric the Entertainer as Kwame?
    One clown playing another.

Chapter One

Call me Kwame. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. There I was, sitting on top of the world, reflecting on the good life. Strippers. Bling. Bodyguards. I was the Hip Hop Mayor. I dressed like Goldie the night he won first prize at the Player's Ball. I had more bodyguards than Snoop.

But all was not as it seemed that hot August night in Las Vegas. As I kicked back on the plush hotel sofa, floating on a pleasure ride, courtesy of Christine Beatty's talented tongue, little did I suspect that one day the two-timing bitch would narc me out to the feds.

At least I can count on Peter K. to keep his mouth shut. I got pictures.

Stay tuned for Chapter II: How I ran the numbers racket at Pelham Middle School
    Last edited by dookie joe; December-22-10 at 11:58 PM.

Can EACH chapter be in another stolen style...adaptable plagarism?!

That would be SO fitting...stolen prose describing stolen dreams.

Poetry in motion for the guy stuck in prison.

I would like to see someone leak this book to the public for free. Somehow undermine his attempt at success from behind bars. It would be so rich to somehow stick it to Kwame and this little stunt he finds so amusing.

I would buy Kwame's book. It look be interesting to see what was really going on in that big head of his.

Kwame's going to discover quickly, if he hasn't already, that all the people who did him "favors" are no longer going to be interested in helping him out now that he's no longer in a position to help him out. Momma K. was the last link to power in the city and now that's she's on the way out, the friends and family circle is going to shrink mightily.

Someone on the radio suggested that Grady [[Whitman Mayo) from Sanford and Son could play Bernard in the movie. A mid 70's Grady with an extra 40 pounds would be a dead ringer. I wonder if Bernard ever said good goobly goo?

Grady died about 10 years ago when he was 71. He looked like he could have passed for that age back in the 70's. I always found it hard to believe that he was in his 40's when S&S aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Kwame's going to discover quickly, if he hasn't already, that all the people who did him "favors" are no longer going to be interested in helping him out now that he's no longer in a position to help him out. Momma K. was the last link to power in the city and now that's she's on the way out, the friends and family circle is going to shrink mightily.
    As in the rats are abandoning the sinking S.S. Kwame ?

Isn't there a law that says that you cannot profit in any way from your crime by say, writing a book or memoir?If he does profit,all of said profits need to be used for his court costs,fines,restitution and, last but not least,his incarceration.He shouldn't receive one single penny.Period....

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Kwame's power base started collapsing as soon as he went in jail. This latest round of indictments is just the final round of cleaning up the mess. There was no way Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick was going to win with that sort of negative name recognition.

I dunno............I think his book will make an awesome text book for an Abnormal Psychology class.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswordgirl View Post

Tommy Wiseau presents: The Cell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast