Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default This is for Lowell

Maybe start a forum for folk that are here. Really here. I am no pioneer but would like to discuss issues without trolls!

Detroit has problems and would like a forum to discuss same without creeps. Hate bottom feeders!

....and a Merry Christmas to everyone.

LodgeDodger Guest

sumas, I can't believe you posted that.

You do realize, I'm one of "them", too.

Depends on what you mean by "here." I might be one who is not here too. If you want a dissent free forum, that might exclude some people who are "here" depending on where "here" is.

It's the internet, it's impossible to get rid of all trolls.

LodgeDodger Guest

Because someone doesn't happen to agree with you, it doesn't make them a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Because someone doesn't happen to agree with you, it doesn't make them a troll.
    Or, don't live where you live. Thank you.

Lets just delete what we dont wanna hear. It'll be like fox news

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by n7hn View Post
    Lets just delete what we dont wanna hear. It'll be like fox news
    Lowell already does that for us.

Here's a suggestion.....make your own forum/message board. That way you can control which trolls contribute which ones don't. You will then have your own utopia!

Toolbox Guest

Bottom feeder checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Maybe start a forum for folk that are here. Really here. I am no pioneer but would like to discuss issues without trolls!

Detroit has problems and would like a forum to discuss same without creeps. Hate bottom feeders!

What happens when you have a disagreement with a coworker? Do you ask the boss to fire him or her?

Just because some people do not agree with your wacky ideas does not make them a troll .

You would probably get along good with a guy named Joe Stalin, he had ways of dealing with people who did not get along with him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Here's a suggestion.....make your own forum/message board. That way you can control which trolls contribute which ones don't. You will then have your own utopia!
    She could ask TSM or Broderick Tennant for some pointers on that idea.

I don't see any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post

"Here" means not in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    "Here" means not in Canada?
    Didn't you know? -Canada ends just south of London.

^^Isn't that the truth; somewhat.^^
    I don't think it "ends" there I just think Londoner and Londoners have their heads so far up Queen's Park's ass that there is no room for anyone else.

When I've traveled anywhere north of London and told people that I'm from Windsor many of them gave me this look like just I told them I was from Mogadishu. It's a mixture of revulsion and some sort of polite elitism that you will only find in Canada - we eat our own here and we are polite to tourists but savage to each other. I even had a park ranger in Northern Ontario tell me that he'd rather "live in hell than live in Windsor across from Detroit." It was after that comment that I knew I loved being from a place like this.

sumas...... :P

The DetroitYES forum exists for the friendly, informed and courteous discussion of all things Detroit-Windsor and for the betterment of our international metropolitan family of communities. Those who don’t get that… well there is a big wide wild internet out there with plenty of space to do their own thing.

We have learned, mostly by mistakes, that civility must be strictly enforced and, due to our lack of time, our actions must, by necessity, be abrupt and unexplained. This is fully and bluntly cited in the rules of participation to which all who have joined this forum have agreed.

We have learned that our actions will never make everybody happy. We know. We have been called every name in the book, threatened with legal actions and other ungratifying events. Believe me; we hate to have to deal with any of this because it is a very unpleasant waste of our time.

We understand forums develop their social sides and become families. That has truly been the case with DetroitYES from the picnics to the ItsJeff bench. And like a family there is both a lot of love and a lot of different points of view. As a result, seniority counts as do the opinions of respected members of the forum. We recognize that even a good member can lose it on occasion. Unlike newbies, they are allowed a second chance. However our displeasure of having our time wasted will be very clearly communicated with a final warning.

Posts that require action are removed without explanation. Any subsequent posts that refer to those posts are also removed. If the purging includes your reply posts you should not take that as being directed toward you. And you should not expect an explanation either. None will come. Why? We have no more unpaid time to waste on something we should never have to had to deal with.

There is no way we can read this entire board so we won’t catch every infraction as it happens. [I didn’t discover this thread until now.] We rely greatly on the Report Post function. It is very easy for members to inform us when someone steps over a line, creates a duplicate thread or posts a thread in the wrong forum and other matters. We thank the many who have used it to help us. It has been essential in catching trolls and putting out fires before they further disrupt the discussions.

Trolls who come here to spew hatred toward Detroit-Windsor and groups of people or create disruption are not welcome. This is DetroitYES and while honest critiques are welcome and common, those whose sole intention is to blindly smear Detroit or attack members of this forum are not welcome. We will delete their account and everything they posted. Fortunately, with the current software, this can be done in a minute.

Membership on this forum is free. But it is not free for us. We have paid thousands of dollars in server fees, software and more. We have recouped most of that through a combination of the generosity of those of you who have been kind enough to donate and with Google ad clicks.

But we have not recovered even a fraction of expense spent managing the forum, answering support questions, removing trolls and countless other tasks that none of you will ever see or know about. So if anyone wonders why we may seem so mercurial and abrupt and offer no explanations when we have to waste our time on someone’s misbehavior, reread the previous sentence.

Have you ever noticed that there many, many members who are always cheerful, never say or imply anything ill-willed toward another member, always quietly bringing information, sunlight and substance to the forum? Think Kathleen, think Ray1936. It was the latter who quoted that sage Thumper, “If you can’t say something nice, doesn’t say nothin' at all. '’

That’s all we are requesting and requiring. The DetroitYES forum exists for the friendly, informed and courteous discussion of all things Detroit-Windsor and for the betterment of our international metropolitan family of communities.

Yes that was a stupid post. I think there is plenty of things I don't post because I don't want to start a feeding frenzy of negativity.