Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 1000 Ways To Die

We all gotta go somehow but for some reason this one freaks me out! I'm in and out of these nasty elevators in the Cadillac Bldg. all day, five days a week. I've got stuck at least 5 times this year. The doors are heavy and sometimes they just open and close and open and close and you don't go anywhere.

http://www.houstonpress.com/2003-10-...ing-elevators/

btw.. if you are sick and twisted and watch the show sometimes like I do the one where the guy with a metal penis piercing screws his girlfriend on a faulty transformer is good one... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. pop! goes the weasel!

LOL! Maximum Exposure was bad enough as a series... 1000 Ways... takes it to the far, far end of that spectrum...

I've seen the show a few times and always feel I should be in the basement in the dark wearing dark shades while doing so----!

It is pretty low-down as ansgt-ridden, dark-humor, snuff-reality-show, er-uh comedy? Some of the episode are too much to even continue watching. People are so twisted and some end up dead in their 'twists'!
    Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    We all gotta go somehow but for some reason this one freaks me out! I'm in and out of these nasty elevators in the Cadillac Bldg. all day, five days a week. I've got stuck at least 5 times this year. The doors are heavy and sometimes they just open and close and open and close and you don't go anywhere.

http://www.houstonpress.com/2003-10-...ing-elevators/

btw.. if you are sick and twisted and watch the show sometimes like I do the one where the guy with a metal penis piercing screws his girlfriend on a faulty transformer is good one... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. pop! goes the weasel!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-28-10 at 09:46 AM.

Considering I spend 90% of my day 150 feet above street level, I'm surprised I haven't had more elevator incidents. I remember once I was in an elevator where the inside doors didn't close entirely, although all of us in the elevator were actually impressed seeing floors move by at 15 feet per second. You tend to forget how fast you are going sometimes.

A poor woman got caught in the door of an elevator in the Kales Building in the 80s, and she was dragged down through the floors. Not a good way to go. I never did like elevators. I miss the elevator operators. The Kales Bldg used to have elevator operators until maybe around 1970.