Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: K.k.= m.l.k. ??

Default K.k.= m.l.k. ??

Kilpatrick backers compare him to MLK
    Published: Dec. 20, 2010 at 2:49 PM

DETROIT, Dec. 20 [[UPI) -- Supporters of jailed ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick are likening him to assassinated civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. in Twitter messages.

"Martin Luther King Jr. in the United States rightfully disobeyed the government," the Detroit Free Press reported the Twitter account @KwameAndFamily tweeted Sunday morning.

Kilpatrick, his father Bernard and three associates were indicted on corruption counts by a federal grand jury Wednesday. He is already in prison for violating his probation on perjury-related charges.

Kilpatrick spokesman Mike Paul confirmed the account's authenticity Monday and said it most likely is updated by a family member or close friend.

The Twitter account was launched along with a Facebook page and Web site to update the mayor's supporters, according to FriendsOfKwame.com.

On Dec. 11, the account tweeted, "Corruption is innate in government."

Hours after the indictment Wednesday, came the message: "We must obey God rather than men."

The following morning, it posted, "Moral responsibility may compel you to disobey the law."
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/...7171292874579/

Man, somebody's been hitting some gooooooooood schittt!!

Wow. They suuuuure are pulling out all the stops, eh?
    MLK was a great man, doing great things for the benifit of MANKIND. What has Kwa......he's just.......but he......... I...I can't even draw any lines to connect the two.

Lines can be drawn, but of CONTRAST...not comparison.

Kwhyme wants to be judged by the color of his skin.

Please do not look at the content of his character.

The ANTI-MLK...that is what Kwhyme truly is.

[[I know this came up on another thread, but had to clarify for anyone who missed my commentary there)

Buy American Guest

thug KK is a legend in his own mind. He will play the race card, the God card, and now the MLK card. I think he's lost whatever mind he had while behind bars.

Close observers say that, as might have been imagined, a crowd of guys behind bars with KK have declared him their leader and are feeding his ego hugely. Now that ego is translating his troubles as like unto Ghandi or MLK. Future problem for Federal prosecutors: if he is convicted, the great king and Inheritor of MLK's legacy, then the reason will be terrible institutionalized racism [[in followers minds) and "revolution" justified. Could trouble in Milan down the road.
    I think the papers publishing this story so KK's lawyers are aware of how he's instigating trouble. It's not just funny crazy.

I suppose if the news media take the tweets of Sarah Palin seriously then I suppose they would take the Kilpatrick tweets seriously too. It's a sad day when the media report off the ramblings of a tweet.

DetroitPole Guest

Let's not confuse actual "supporters" with the friends and family plan. Kwame had a huge network of nepotism and favoritism that stretched back to his childhood. These were virtually the only people who benefited from his regime, but benefit they did, mightily. People who would have otherwise not survived in the real world - criminals, the uneducated, the socially inept, the untalented, and just plain losers - lived high on the hog and have nothing without him.
    I'm confident these are the "supporters" he has left. Not even the traditional race-baiters and radicals, but simply those who benefited from his corruption, but not enough to get caught.

bartock Guest

When I looked at the Facebook stuff yesterday, even his "friends" were ripping those comments apart.

That profile appears to have disappeared. Even though it was the "official" one, I'm sure the Kwame camp will claim some sort of hijack.

The scumball is playing the victim card because that's all he has left in the arsenal, period! This is a desperation move by a desperate person who is looking at wearing orange jumpsuits for the next 30 years. The ones who are still supporting this financial rapist are mostly the ones who benefited from his corruption and the rest are dillusional sicophants who have some love of being butt screwed. I have no doubt he thinks he is getting shafted beacuse he's black. That was taught and burned into him by his parents. This clown is a total narcissist, he has no remorse because he was doing only what he was entitled to do and should have been left alone to do without interference from anybody outside of the city boundries. He's a Capone reincarnation, just as flamboyant, just as arrogant, just as ruthless, just as power drunk. This is a loser who should get the book AND the table its on thrown at him.

KK still thinks he is hot shit ona silver platter but he is really just cold diarrhea on a paper plate.

Why bother giving this fool any press time or even a smidgen of spotlight. Let him rot in prison where he belongs. Can't wait for his Dad to be his room-mate and perhaps his Mom can join in another facility.

Here are some differences between Martin Luther King and Kwame Kilpatrick:

1. MLK was a Father is the Civil Rights Movement.

2. KING KWAME was Father of a Thug Family Movement.

1. MLK started the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

2. KING KWAME started his parties at the Manoogian Mansion.

1. MLK did non-violent peace protests in selected American cities in white neighborhoods.

2. KING KWAME prostested against those who tried to conspire against him by sending his thug knights to either kill or torture, fire them. [[Remember Tamara Green)

1. MLK made his "I have a Dream Speech" in front of Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.

2 KING KWAME made his "I admit that I have sexual relationship with Christine Beatty and calling me a N----r! speech" on live T.V. and at the Orchestra Hall during the State of the city Address.

1.MLK saw President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Right Act of 1964.

2.KING KWAME saw the city council yelling and fighting each other and sign the more cuts to Detroit's police, fire, garbage pick up and EMS trama units.

The same things about Kwame Kilpatrick and Martin Luther King. is the both went to jail for these reasons:

MLK went to jail for the sake of freedom for all people of color.

KING KWAME went to jail for perjury and other frauds.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

What black leader to you want? A work horse or a show horse? A house negro or a field negro?

Neda, I miss you so.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I suppose if the news media take the tweets of Sarah Palin seriously then I suppose they would take the Kilpatrick tweets seriously too. It's a sad day when the media report off the ramblings of a tweet.
    His tweets are pure comic genious, there is no way they could be taken serious.

I wonder how much time each day KK spends in front of the mirror in his cell going over his comeback speech. Maybe he thinks he is like Napolean in exile. As for a comparison there is none.
    Last edited by lpg; December-21-10 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling

I think Kwame is closer to the fictional character Tony Soprano or perhaps Al Capone with a touch of O.J. included!

He and his gang ran Detroit into the ground, yet he was elected to a second term! This doesn't speak very highly of the Detroit voters!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Here are some differences between Martin Luther King and Kwame Kilpatrick:

1. MLK made his "I have a Dream Speech" in front of Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.
    KK made his "Get Off Ayanna's Porch and Shove That Subpeona for Bobby Speech" in front of Carlita as she drove by in a red Lincoln Navigator.

This is more proof that the whole Cheeks and Kilpatrick family are nothing but a bunch of ciminals. How can anyone with a brain try to compare King Kwame to the great MLK. You watch. When King Kwame gets out of jail he will be a born again christian, start his own mega church and become rich.

Hopefully, he'll be a senior citizen then.

I'm awaiting Kwame's equivalent Letter From A Birmingham Jail. Still waiting.

Give me a bucket, so I can puke...Kwame compares himself to MLK? I just threw up in my mouth. What a scumbag, and he should be comparing himself to the world's greatest con men, as he is as full of shit as a Christmas goose...

Why does anyone pay attention to this garbage that is supposedly tweeted by KK.And there is NO comparing KK to MLK.The best thing that could happen would be to just ignore anything that even remotely gives KK anymore attention.Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmotown View Post
    This is more proof that the whole Cheeks and Kilpatrick family are nothing but a bunch of ciminals. How can anyone with a brain try to compare King Kwame to the great MLK. You watch. When King Kwame gets out of jail he will be a born again christian, start his own mega church and become rich.
    I proposed this idea some time ago. He finds religion, gets a degree in false ministry and becomes a minister of the ilk that supported him and still do. Its the last way out for this carbunkle on the @ss of society. And be sure, there are those who will line his pockets and follow him anywhere in that city.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    I wonder how much time each day KK spends in front of the mirror in his cell going over his comeback speech. Maybe he thinks he is like Napolean in exile. As for a comparison there is none.
    He believes he is royalty and a king, make no mistake about it. HE believes it.

The only thing more ironic than this was the bumper sticker that I saw today: A picture of Eye-Rack War Criminal
    George W. Bush with the words "I Miss my Pro-Life President."

They were talking about a possible book/movie deal for the big K after he gets out of prison. I would like to offer up a well known TV star to play the part.
    [[On the left of course).

Attachment 8126

Or maybe Mr. T.

I hope he does well with his memoirs so that everything derived from his ill gotten gains can be re-imbursed to the taxpayers.All of the moneys obtained can pay for his restitution,court costs,fines,and the cost of incarcerating him in some of Michigans' and Federal finer penitentiaries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast