Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lunar Eclipse, 2010 Edition

Anyone checking out the lunar eclipse tonight? It looks like at this point there's a small chunk taken out of the moon.

I was suprised no one had started a thread yet lol.

Yup, I'm watching it. We really lucked out that the clouds pushed away for us to see this. The last eclipse on the winter solstice was over 300 years ago. A true once in a lifetime event.
    I should've brought my telescope to work! Could have watched it creep across the lunar landscape. Bino's are good, but not good enough!

Nevermind......clouds are rollin right the eff back in.
    Well....it was nice to at least see a bit of it.

About 20% coverage now. Way cool.

The clouds are spotty so far, so you can still see it pretty well. I'm hoping they'll hold back enough to see the orange/red moon

I saw the sky black as sackchoth and the moon turn blood red.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Watch for Ka'tun

Neda, I miss you so.

Ravine Guest

Uh-huh.

From your vantage point in that "other" Detroit, it would seem.

I got up and peeked out a couple of times, all I saw were clouds, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. Maybe if I went outside and looked straight up? I was too sleepy to think that far ahead. Didn't see anything, went back to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I saw the sky black as sackchoth and the moon turn blood red.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Watch for Ka'tun

Neda, I miss you so.
    Would that be the river, the mountains or the roller coaster in Italy?

though spelt wrong i think he/she was shooting for this...just a guess

A k'atun or k'atun-cycle is a unit of time in the Maya calendar equal to 20 tuns or 7,200 days. It is the 2nd digit on the normal Maya long count date. For example, in the Maya Long Count date 12.19.13.15.12 [[December 5, 2006), the number 19 is the k'atun.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I got up and peeked out a couple of times, all I saw were clouds, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. Maybe if I went outside and looked straight up? I was too sleepy to think that far ahead. Didn't see anything, went back to bed.
    I let my dogs out around 3 am. It was totally cloudy in my neighborhood at that time.

Ravine Guest

The Mayan bullshit, again. It figures. Is there something wrong with not mulling over esoteric miscellaneia all of the time?