Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit neighborhoods site

At one time there was a site that provided detailed historical and demographic information on each and every Detroit neighborhood—at least a couple of paragraphs on each one. I think I learned about it here, but I can't find it in Detroit Links at left or anywhere else. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

http://www.cityscapedetroit.org/Detr...hborhoods.html

Is this the one, because it wasn't that hard to type "neighborhoods of Detroit" into Google and disover this be the second link.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; December-20-10 at 05:47 PM.

Nope, I tried that, and this isn't the one. Tried a bunch of different searches, and it didn't come up, leading me to think the site is gone. The one I remember was complete—no unfinished entries as in this one, and much more extensive.

Quote Originally Posted by texorama View Post
    Nope, I tried that, and this isn't the one. Tried a bunch of different searches, and it didn't come up, leading me to think the site is gone. The one I remember was complete—no unfinished entries as in this one, and much more extensive.
    If you find it let us know, it seems interesting.

I've been looking for that too!! I can't remember the site name tho....

Model D has stuff on a number of neighborhoods.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/cities/

The site I'm remembering was compiled by someone with a monosyllabic name, like Dan [[maybe). The list of neighborhoods was as large as, and may have been the same as, the one on the Cityscape Detroit site. Each annotation described the origins of the neighborhood and concluded with census data on its demographic composition. French777, does this ring any bells?

Yeah, ahhhh I can't remember. The site was really well put together and useful. It had all the neighborhoods and demographics and most had pictures too.

I have been trying to revisit that website as well. I think you are referring to Detroitrising.com

The url for Kurt Metzger's site is shown below. He presents very informative data on this
    valuable site:
    http://datadrivendetroit.org/

Yup, Detroit Rising is the one I was thinking of. Thanks, all.

Oh yeah! I remember this site now...I'll be sure to bookmark it.