Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Brass Craft

Default Brass Craft

These guys still in business? If so, where was the factory? Thought you guys would like to see this. Found it under my vanity as I was ripping up my bathroom this weekend.

Happy Holidays from NY!!!!!

DC

Evidently still around...part of the Masco Companies

BrassCraft

The founder Robert Zell was brilliant. The company continually innovated
    Attachment 8123
    Source and more history here

Yup, they're still around. I just did a small plumbing fix and brasscraft is the main valve manufacturer at home depot. They make all kinds of valves and supply pipes [[I bought valves and a dishwasher install kit made by them at home depot) The packaging says theyre based in Novi now but they seem to be a big player and still make much of their stuff in the US [[I also sometimes drive past a brasscraft facility on sibley in brownstown)

If I remember correctly, they're still on Gratiot near East Grand Boulevard. What they're operations entail at that location is unknown. Manufacturing has probably gone south and east.

This is thier HQ, apparently moved to Novi. They are part of the MASCO group of companies, which are HQ'd out of Taylor, MI. I could not find a list of manufacuring sites on thier website.

BrassCraft Manufacturing Company
    39600 Orchard Hill Place
    Novi, MI 48375-533

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    If I remember correctly, they're still on Gratiot near East Grand Boulevard. What they're operations entail at that location is unknown. Manufacturing has probably gone south and east.
    I think I may be mistaking another Brass? company for the one being discussed.

If I had only known to take pictures of the Made in Detroit electrical boxes I have seen over the years.