Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default London Chop House to Reopen on February 20

Well its nearly mid January, when is the London Chop House re-opening?

The text of the article said they hope to open within 30 days. I think the operative word in that sentence is hope. The headline states "early 2011", which can mean anytime between now & April. My experience with reading about business openings when they don't have a specific date usually means later than sooner if at all. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm ready to drop some coin there, that's for sure.

I can't imagine anyone dumping the kind of money needed to just bring the kitchen equipment up to today's standards... the place has been closed for years. The grandfather clause for city code probably can't be invoked, and the place, being in the basement isn't barrier free. The equipment was old 20 years ago...it will be interesting to see if and when it reopens.

To bump a thread.

The London Chop House sign was put up Thursday.

According to the Free Press they will be opening to the public on February 20.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012020...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

interesting.. sounds like it might take off with the entertainment/athlete crowd.. what will be on the menu?

I was at Roast last night and the place was jamming. Very hard to get a reservation at any time lately. I don't see why the LCH won't be a big success too.

Best of luck to all involved, for the good of the City I wish them well.

Lookout Caucus Club, your competitor is just across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Lookout Caucus Club, your competitor is just across the street.
    Oddly, the Caucus Club was started by the Grubers, owners of the London Chop House, to handle the overflow business from LCH's burgeoning crowds.

Did anyone attending the opening on the 20th? Or have been the past few nights?