Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Defending the indefensible...Kwame's defense strategy

After reading in the Freep and DetNews regarding the insanity of Kwame getting a public defense attorney after having upwards of $500,000 in his account that could not be accounted for, I'm just throwing out some irresponsible speculation as to Kwame Kilpatrick's defense strategy to the massive amounts of charges that have been put forth over the past year.

Kwame Kilpratick has used every tactic in the book during his mayoral career. From invoking God's will, to lynch mob tactics to plain racism, he's run the gamut, pulled every trick possible. What now will he use? Can he discredit every single individual that surrounded him and actually get a jury to believe that he is innocent? Does he have a chance in hell at beating even ONE of these charges, considering the witnesses, the text messages, and phone taps? If the Feds evidence is what they say it is, can Kwame be the next Rod Blagojevich? We've seen what some jurors can do [[the recent Sam Riddle case comes to mind) when it comes down to ignoring the obvious evidence presented at a trial.

All you need is one gullible juror or one who has a chip on his shoulder to get you off the hook.
    The case will be made or lost with jury selection.

Kwame will of course paint himself the victim in all of this. I can see his legal defense team trying to convince the jury that he was set up, the oppressed and the poor hapless soul in all of this. That defense is sheer bullshit considering the power & prestige he had with the position and influence he had. And like daddeeo says, all it takes is one weak spineless chump on that jury to fall for that line of malarky and he's going to walk. But with so many charge against him, all it takes is a FEW of the cases to stick and he's not leaving the big house for a long while.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010121...on-case-stick?

If they can make Mercado look like a helpless participant only there to do his bosses bidding, what can Kwame do to in rebuttal to that angle of defense?

In answer to your question, this is why we have trials. You cite, "...Kwame getting a public defense attorney after having upwards of $500,000 in his account that could not be accounted for..." and that is probably the case. But until that is proven in court with evidence that sways a jury, it ain't so in the eyes of the law. If proven, I would think restitution could be pursued.

As deep as my disappointment with KK is, our laws entitle him [and you and I] to every jot and tittle of the law in defense of the charges against him. In the meantime we have to console ourselves with knowing the arc of justice is long and this case as prepared against him appears to be deep and well researched. He is up against a large, well and publicly-funded prosecution team and I don't think this lump of coal he just got in his Christmas stocking is brightening his holidays.

If you think it suddenly occurred one day to Kwame and his merry band of thieves that the city was ripe for the plucking, think again.

This crooked infrastructure was already firmly in place, at both the city and county levels, under the respective Coleman/McNamara machines -- which continue to thrive, despite the mortality of their founders, and the incarceration of some members.

Who has oversight of the DOJ again? Oh, yeah -- John Conyers. Coleman's boy. McNamara's boy. Nuff said.

Kwame, Ferguson, etc. are most likely sacrificial lambs, while the really, really big fish stand ready to install the next generation of crooked politicians to do their bidding.

I thought the DOJ should've hired a drummer to do rim shots during their press conference the other day, in which they lauded Dave Bing and his handlers for aiding the investigation, and expressed relief over how the Bing Administration would bring forth a new day in honest politics.

Ba-Doom! Ping!

Bing = Beckham = Kwame = Killer = Granholm = Cox = Saul = Godbee = Evans = Ficano = Duggan = Cheeks = Conyers. That's just the government officials. Throw in Maroun = Soave = Karmanos = Ilitch = just about every prominant businessman in SE Michigan [[and beyond); plus Edgar Vann = Wendell Anthony = Jim Holley . . . and you begin to get a sense how deep this cancer runs.

Government, commerce and religion. That's a pretty powerful Trinity.

I'm guessing the only reason Kwame and his Boyz in the Hood had to go down is because they were just too damn arrogant, and wore the corruption on their collective sleeves, with gaudy diamond cufflinks.

The really big boys had to shut those uncouth idiots up, and install people who would "play ball" while not drawing attention to themselves [[and, by extension, draw attention to their various scams and schemes).

That's just my whacky conspiracy theory, anyway. I know -- pass the tin foil; this sort of thing couldn't actually happen in the real world.

Now that we have Kwame and his Boyz out of the way, we're at the precipice of a new era of honest, forthright government in Detroit. Yessir.

Ba-Doom! Ding!
    Last edited by dookie joe; December-18-10 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    In answer to your question, this is why we have trials. You cite, "...Kwame getting a public defense attorney after having upwards of $500,000 in his account that could not be accounted for..." and that is probably the case. But until that is proven in court with evidence that sways a jury, it ain't so in the eyes of the law. If proven, I would think restitution could be pursued.

As deep as my disappointment with KK is, our laws entitle him [and you and I] to every jot and tittle of the law in defense of the charges against him. In the meantime we have to console ourselves with knowing the arc of justice is long and this case as prepared against him appears to be deep and well researched. He is up against a large, well and publicly-funded prosecution team and I don't think this lump of coal he just got in his Christmas stocking is brightening his holidays.
    One would certainly hope for restitution, but judging from the last bout of required payments, what would be the options for successfully getting anything from him?
    The real concern is going to be: regardless of how well funded the prosecution team is, and how well funded Kwame's defense is, will jury nullification be a major concern this time around? The general assumption was Sam Riddle was guilty as sin, but one juror [[who wasn't even a Detroit resident) held up the conviction and Riddle walked out, the prosecutors needing to prepare for a 2nd trial. Why does that have to be a concern? Should there be a consideration for a change of venue to get outside of the Metro Detroit area, for the good of both sides? The wounds are deep, the sense of reality so profound, for both sides pro-Kwame and pro-prosecution.

If they can't get any restitution, maybe Wendell Anthony could offer up some cash for the taxpayers, like he did for his boy, Kwame.

And here....we...go.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010122...nds-to-charges

Kwame's Twitter feed is likening himself to Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow, quite a stretch there.

That is not a stretch.

It is an abomination.

As I said earlier today...speaking of his mother's emphasis on 'y'all's boy'...

...and amplify it now to say, he is the anti-MLK.

He wants to be judged on the color of his skin instead of the content of his character. It may be all he has left. What a damn shame, too.

He could've been somebody, could've been a contender...if he only had some class. Not taken the money, taken the fall for those who financed his run. Now he is just another bum.

[[sorry to all the fans of Brando, some things I just cannot resist, only this one'll be called On the Riverfront)
    Last edited by Gannon; December-20-10 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    If they can't get any restitution, maybe Wendell Anthony could offer up some cash for the taxpayers, like he did for his boy, Kwame.
    If that isn't an indictment of Anthony's character...plus I know he tried to pull racist shit in a southern MI community...trying to get out of an I-75 speeding ticket.

Claiming he was harassed because he was black.

The moment his legal team saw that the little community had video from the event, they turned a curious shade of pale...turned tail and left frail.

Wendell Anthony is not one of the good guys. Not in my book.

YouTube just made an excellent suggestion, while viewing someone's link to CCK's "y'alls boy" screech of a speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx9sf...eature=related

All Kwhyme needed to know, he ignored from kindergarten onward. Or so says Kym Worthy!

Whomever did this editing has a great sense of ironic juxtaposition timing.

And this classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGG-P...eature=related

Leave Kwame alone! LOL

Am I a shallow person for really only wanting an explanation as to who Carmen Slowsky was?

Quote Originally Posted by UpTown View Post
    And here....we...go.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010122...nds-to-charges

Kwame's Twitter feed is likening himself to Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow, quite a stretch there.
    His posturing is unreal.
    Nelson Mandela, MLK, Gandhi... the man has no shame.
    Check his Twitter feed directly: http://twitter.com/kwameandfamily

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    His posturing is unreal.
    Nelson Mandela, MLK, Gandhi... the man has no shame.
    Check his Twitter feed directly: http://twitter.com/kwameandfamily
    Deranged stuff, and a look straight into the eyes of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    And this classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGG-P...eature=related

Leave Kwame alone! LOL
    Wonder if someone has made a Kwame thing using Hilter's rant in Downfall?

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Wonder if someone has made a Kwame thing using Hilter's rant in Downfall?
    The least someone could do is to translate it into "pirate-speak"...

i hope the case gets settled sooner rather than later, but we'll see..
    http://hypestyleshomebase.blogspot.c...yor-kwame.html

Default Kilpatrick's Last Stand

The best post I've ever read in the Free Press comments section knocks the Twitterer right out of the park...

"As a child of the segregated South who grew up in Detroit and marched down Woodward Avenue in the Walk for Freedom, led by Dr. King in June, 1963, I am stunned that anyone could equate the actions of these two men. Dr. King made it clear that he was opposed to unjust laws that fostered and protected racial segregation.

To lead local people and to focus the attention of the nation on these evils, he was willing to break those laws that enforced racial segregation and suffer the consequences, including jail, in order to make the case for desegregation before the world.

Dr. King usually announced the reason for breaking the unjust law before the action was taken and explained the reason after he was arrested or released. Read his "Letter from a Birmingham Jail." Read Taylor Branch's trilogy, America in the King Years.

According to the indictment, KMK was running a shakedown racket. What was he protesting? Low salary?"

Posted by RAY62 on 12/20/2010 1:25:46 PM

Those absurdist tweets pretty much lay out the defense strategy ... they're not focused on intelligent and well informed Detroiters, they're aiming for the less knowledgeable and taking a page directly from the OJ handbook.

Jury Nullification: Jury's decision to acquit a defendant despite explicitly violating the law because the jury felt that the law was unjust or not applicable to the case.

Surprised no one has posted about the "book" he's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Surprised no one has posted about the "book" he's writing.
    Bet it wins the Nobel Prize for fiction.