Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fake Doctor Disgraces Famous Local Hospital and MORE!

I have to laugh once again at those who make the headlines over at the Freep. Their reading comprehension skills must be pretty shallow. Today's sub-line says,

Mich. man's charade as doctor ends in disgrace

The ambiguity of this comment forced me to aim the disgrace properly!

This fellow faked being a credentialed professional for fifteen years, and Beaumont acknowledges that he was GREAT at his job of creating simulations to train their staff for potential emergencies.

So what do they do? They fire him, instead of putting him in a position where he could continue being an obvious asset to the organization. He never asked to be in contact with patients, and it is apparent THIS anomaly is what made someone look a bit closer at him.

I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but it is just too fucking funny for me to let it go. He faked this for fifteen years and did some good for a business that needed his particular talents.

NOW? I'd bet Hollywood is chasing him down for the story rights!

It won't be as exciting as that Leonardo Dicaprio story about the pilot from the sixties...but then again, we don't know what license Hollywood will make out of it!

"Aren't you glad"...you've been HAD..."by a Beaumont doctor?"

LOL

lilpup Guest

Overblown story - the guy never even pretended to practice medicine or otherwise deal with patients. He ran simulation training and programs.

Reminds me of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameleon_Street

Detroit con artist and high school drop-out William Douglas Street, Jr., ... successfully impersonated professional reporters, lawyers, athletes, extortionists, and surgeons, going so far as to perform more than 36 successful hysterectomies.

Augustiner Guest

I don't know what it is about this thread that brought this picture to mind, but I'm sure I'll figure it out if I think about it.

How about Detroit's all time great impersonator Barry Bremen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Bremen

I remember the Silverdome deal, and the story on wiki reminded me of the Dallas cheerleader incident. As I recall they pushed him around real good in Dallas.

As far as the Dr thing I cant believe somebody went out of there way to expose him. Sounds like the guy was very good at what he did.

The thing is, they said in the article he didn't NEED to be a doctor to do his job. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustiner View Post

I don't know what it is about this thread that brought this picture to mind, but I'm sure I'll figure it out if I think about it.
    I thought the same when I first saw the thread about
    Peninsular Steel.

I thought to myself, this forum is not the place for such filth.