Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Gut Laugh Warning:Kwhyme Wants OUT!

Oh. My. God.

The nerve of this fellow. He must REALLY want to fly down to the Caymans to get at his stash o' cash. They're pulling out all the stops now, shameless hucksters.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010121...tion-violation

I can just hear 'im now, "Can't we just forget that little probation violation? I mean, it's not a felony or nuthin'. Can't you just let me out of here? I needs me some Fishbone's and some sexin' other than Bubba here. I done wore him out."

They KNOW he is up for some heavy stuff with the Federal investigations continuing. As long as he is behind bars, he cannot get away from the next prosecution.

He was hoping for mommy to be able to bail him out again, with her connections in DC. I'd bet they are lobbying the president for a pardon, too! [[oops, sorry Momma Cheeky-K for rubbing it IN that you are not going to be in DC after that moving van arrives this week!)

Once you get your hands on the throttle of that gravy train...
    Last edited by Gannon; December-14-10 at 05:49 PM.

The courts will not appeal KING KWAME'S restutition. A deal is a deal!

Default Gut Laugh Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I needs me some Fishbone's and some sexin' other than Bubba here. I done wore him out."...

They KNOW he is up for some heavy stuff with the Federal investigations continuing. As long as he is behind bars, he cannot get away from the next prosecution.

He was hoping for mommy to be able to bail him out again, with her connections in DC. I'd bet they are lobbying the president for a pardon, too!

Not sure what the purpose of the "I needs me some Fishbones" comment was but racist BS is more appropriate for the low-rent über-lame Free Press comments section.

No one in their right mind believes CCK would have been able to wave her magic wand and spring her son, the thought's far too simplistic and this scandal is way too deep for that.

And anyone who believes President Obama would, even for a second, consider pardoning this clown is living in an alternate reality which I have no intention of entering.

KK just never gives up. He still thinks he's above the law and can do anything he want's. Mommy might be headed to jail because of the water dept. I love this city! Never a dull moment.

What really needs to be done in Detroit is a reality show about our city government. You cant script things better then this, everyday there is so many great [[pathetic) stories that would amaze a TV audience.
    I cant wait for Mom's exposure.
    On a side note, I realize KK is fair game on here and rightfully so, but the Fishbones comment I find kind of tasteless.

I don't want to speak for Gannon, but I think the Fishbones comment was made in reference to Kwame ordering carry-out from Fishbones when he was in the county jail. I don't think he has that privilege now.

Ebonics offends people????

Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post
    Not sure what the purpose of the "I needs me some Fishbones" comment was but racist BS is more appropriate for the low-rent über-lame Free Press comments section.

No one in their right mind believes CCK would have been able to wave her magic wand and spring her son, the thought's far too simplistic and this scandal is way too deep for that.

And anyone who believes President Obama would, even for a second, consider pardoning this clown is living in an alternate reality which I have no intention of entering.
    Not sure what the purpose of the "low-rent über-lame Free Press comments section" comment was either

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Ebonics offends people????
    Sure, when the grammatical rules for African American Vernacular English are used improperly.

Quote Originally Posted by wash_man View Post
    I don't want to speak for Gannon, but I think the Fishbones comment was made in reference to Kwame ordering carry-out from Fishbones when he was in the county jail. I don't think he has that privilege now.
    I don't want to infer what Gannon's motive was but it didn't seem limited to ordering carryout from Fishbones. The days of Amos and Andy have long passed and, while Kwame Kilpatrick might be a criminal and a sociopath, that's no reason to resort to mindless stereotypes and caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by thnk2mch View Post
    Not sure what the purpose of the "low-rent über-lame Free Press comments section" comment was either
    The Free Press comments section on subjects like this are often filled to the brim with racist garbage, posted by fools who are borderline illiterate themselves and seem to revel wallowing in such slop.

I've never felt DetroitYes to be such a forum, could I be mistaken?

Augustiner Guest

The Free Press comments section on subjects like this are often filled to the brim with racist garbage, posted by fools who are borderline illiterate themselves and seem to revel wallowing in such slop.

It's usually a little subtler here. Rand Paul to their David Duke.

i just hope any upcoming court appearances by Mr. Kilpatrick are not televised.. it's beyond a distraction issue now..

bartock Guest

I don't want to infer what Gannon's motive was but it didn't seem limited to ordering carryout from Fishbones. The days of Amos and Andy have long passed and, while Kwame Kilpatrick might be a criminal and a sociopath, that's no reason to resort to mindless stereotypes and caricature.

It was Kwame who mastered playing up stereotypes and charicature when he felt it benefitted him. He was/is notorious for his [[contrived) abominations of the English language [[y'all done set me up for a comeback being one of his last, and most famous ones). He does probably think that momma will bail him out. He does probably think that the President would give him a pardon. He probably wonders why he can't order carry out. He's a narcissitic sociopath.

There is a lot of what you describe on the Freep. The last time someone was posting similar garbage on these forums, it disappeared quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    i just hope any upcoming court appearances by Mr. Kilpatrick are not televised.. it's beyond a distraction issue now..
    Cameras aren't allowed in Federal Court. But you can rest uneasily knowing that we're probably years away from being finished with the minutiae of this vast web of corruption.
    Hope I'm wrong but my bet's that we're not even close to being halfway through the stench.

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    It was Kwame who mastered playing up stereotypes and charicature when he felt it benefitted him. He was/is notorious for his [[contrived) abominations of the English language [[y'all done set me up for a comeback being one of his last, and most famous ones). He does probably think that momma will bail him out. He does probably think that the President would give him a pardon. He probably wonders why he can't order carry out. He's a narcissitic sociopath.
    While all of this is indisputably true, I'm not sure how it invalidates the argument that mocking him in racialized terms is in poor taste.

I can tell all of you, for a fact, that Gannon is far from a racist. The Fishbones comment is indeed about fatboy getting carryout while in jail in Detroit.

Stromberg2

Obviously the comment was about Fisbone takeout, thats not the issue, it was how it was written.
    I dont think anyone is calling Gannon a racist, I for sure am not. I have a lot of respet for him and enjoy his posts more then most. Im sure he was mocking KK but you have to realize based on his quote and the wording of it that it had to offend some people.
    Last edited by kenp; December-14-10 at 05:45 PM.

LOL, the mis-spelling of his NAME in the title didn't warn you?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but you must've been under a BIG ROCK for the past couple of years.

I didn't make the caricature. Kwame Kilpatrick made that of himself. AND the city. And he continues to make it out of anyone who defends him, even obliquely. Say, like yourself.

I WAS indeed reminding everyone of the strong rumor that Kwhyme had Fishbones carryout delivered to his cell when Warren Evans was in charge of the Sheriff Department, and with the CURRENT Sheriff as his hand-picked assistant.

I also KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that he was able to COMMAND a heating and cooling technician to remain for over three hours while the temperature in his 'cell' was adjusted properly.

I also know he had a cell phone while in that facility in the UP.

So...yeah, I guess I'm...a...corruptionist. Yeah, that's the ticket. Anyone on the side of entitlement due to corruption should be castrated at least, and discriminated against to the highest degree. Separated from polite society as well. Yanno...like LOCKED UP BEHIND BARS!

When said corruption artist...and that IS what Kwhyme truly and deeply IS, after a lifetime of grooming and exercising his apparently divine right to fleece the good city of Detroit [[and tag the virgins and wannabee ho's whenever he pleased)...tries yet AGAIN to find a connected judge to allow him to escape justice...it gets me a little, well, disturbed.

Sorry it made me look like a Freeper or worse. There IS something worse, isn't there?!

Thanks, Wash_man, Stromberg and Kenp for watching my back.

Cheers anyways, this is fun.
    Last edited by Gannon; December-15-10 at 07:55 AM. Reason: (nitpicking the hand-picking)

Bartock,

Just caught your post...somehow I missed it in the initial reading of the thread.

Cheers!

OH! And I HAVE watched Amos and Andy recently.

For the first time in my adult memory.

At Buddy Smith's house. It was HIS disc!

For those who don't know of him, he's a fabulous singer/songwriter from the pre-Motown era...having his breakout year now. Calling it Resurrection.

We're ALL racists up in the Dexter/Linwood neighborhood. LOL!

You can laugh this off if you like but, regardless of where you live, "I needs me some Fishbone's" isn't a statement you would attribute, even in jest, to say, the late Bob Probert upon leaving jail.

If it was a mistake, not a problem, that's your business. But to discount the racial element of that statement is disingenuous, the fact that you may live near Dexter-Linwood has nothing to do with it.

I don't know Gannon and have no reason not to believe the other posters who say he's not racist, could be just a dumb [[failed) attempt at humor.

Of all the damage Kwame Kilpatrick's wreaked upon this city, I think the clear expansion of the racial divide is arguably the worse. He's emboldened the most vile racists in our midst and provided them ammunition to use on the largely undeserving citizens of Detroit and I'll never forgive him for that.

K-Kilpatrick's an individual man and is not representative of any people of color that I know.
    I hope they lock him up, along with every one of his cohorts, they've all robbed this city and it's people blind for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmotown View Post
    KK just never gives up. He still thinks he's above the law and can do anything he want's. Mommy might be headed to jail because of the water dept. I love this city! Never a dull moment.
    Last sentencee says a lot, never a dull moment. I don't think that words more true were ever spoken.

You can laugh this off if you like but, regardless of where you live, "I needs me some Fishbone's" isn't a statement you would attribute, even in jest, to say, the late Bob Probert upon leaving jail.

If it was a mistake, not a problem, that's your business. But to discount the racial element of that statement is disingenuous, the fact that you may live near Dexter-Linwood has nothing to do with it.

I don't know Gannon and have no reason not to believe the other posters who say he's not racist, could be just a dumb [[failed) attempt at humor.

Of all the damage Kwame Kilpatrick's wreaked upon this city, I think the clear expansion of the racial divide is arguably the worse. He's emboldened the most vile racists in our midst and provided them ammunition to use on the largely undeserving citizens of Detroit and I'll never forgive him for that.

K-Kilpatrick's an individual man and is not representative of any people of color that I know. I hope they lock him up, along with every one of his cohorts, they've all robbed this city and it's people blind for far too long.
    Well stated....

I can understand the sensitivity to what Gannon said... also many in this community took offense to Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick when she was trying to defend her son and labeled him... "Ya'alls boy"..... that certainly didn't help close the racial divide....

Good riddance to the entire family...

Actually, I don't think "Kwhyme" Kilpatrick did anything to alter the racial issues in this town.

Positive or negative.

But he was a great litmus test to reveal very clearly those who ARE stuck deep within the entire endless loop of idiocy that is racism...on all sides of this complex gordian knot.

Tell me any reason you have to prove he DID do something to influence race in this town and beyond...and I'll use the same statement to prove how YOU are stuck within a mindset that is CIRCULAR and cannot be solved except to drop it all and agree never to let it become an issue ever again.

Between us. Whatever US happens to assemble...no matter how small a meeting or how large a group...even those defined by geographical boundaries.

THEN, perhaps, we can get beyond this crap.

You are only showing me more of why we cannot ever inject race into any conversation.

YOU brought it up as a racial thing. It was not. Not intended, not desired, not delivered as such.

YOU took it that way. And then CONTINUE to be all pissy when it is shown you misunderstood.

Funny how often communication breakdowns can lead to meltdowns.

So...sorry you took it that way. Will I be more careful next time? I'll most certainly try, if only to avoid the friction.

Was it a failed joke? I really don't care. It won't change my attempt at trying another in the future.

Sincerely,
    John

No, I'd say "I need some more blow, eh" Seriously though, get off yourself - not everything is meant to be racist. Did you miss KK's years of butchering the English language and grammar? If his speeches read like that of an English professor, perhaps then you'd be right to complain.

/RIP Bobby, you cleaned yourself up but couldn't escape the Demons of your youth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast