I know this story is about 10 days old, but I didn't see it posted on here yet:

General Motors is giving $2 million to Detroit to fund renovations at two of the city's recreation centers, continuing the automaker's post-restructuring emphasis on investing in its home city.

"In the past few years, there's been a lot of challenges in the automotive industry," manufacturing chief Diana Tremblay said Thursday at a celebration at the Joseph Walker Williams rec center. "General Motors wants to reconnect with all the communities that were there for us."

The donation, made through GM's charitable foundation, helps make up for numerous budget cuts for rec centers, said Sue Norander, general manager of operations for Detroit's Recreation Department. The rec centers now number 17, down from 35 in the early 1990s. They could face another budget cut this spring, she said.

But Mayor Dave Bing said he wants to reopen rec centers once Detroit starts using money more effectively. Along with the Williams center, on Rosa Parks Boulevard in central Detroit, the funds will renovate the Lasky rec center, which is south of the Davison-McNichols intersection.

http://www.freep.com/comments/articl...eation-centers

Edit: I can't seem to change the thread title to remove that "Read more". Does anybody know how to?