Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

DetroitPole Guest

Default Honest John's Polar Bear swim

Does anyone know if Honest John's is doing their polar bear swim benefit to help the homeless around the holidays? I feel like drinking copious amounts of vodka and throwing myself into the Detroit River once again this year.

It was a fun event. Afterward you go back to the bar and they have a feast prepared. Today's shit weather made me think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Does anyone know if Honest John's is doing their polar bear swim benefit to help the homeless around the holidays? I feel like drinking copious amounts of vodka and throwing myself into the Detroit River once again this year.

It was a fun event. Afterward you go back to the bar and they have a feast prepared. Today's shit weather made me think about it.
    Honest John's [[on Selden just west of Cass), from my understanding, is no longer owned by John Thompson. I wondered too if he was still involved in the annual "Dip for Tots".
    http://www2.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=7068

Alright, I'll admit it. I've been mulling over doing a Polar Bear dip for the last few years. It's just one of those prime idiotic things I've been meaning to do. Lord knows it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And the fact that my dip could actually be raising money for a good cause? Now that adds some more appeal to it. If anyone's got information on this, please post.