Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Monday Night Football at Ford Field

Vikings game is coming to Ford Field tomorrow....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5911532

Let's fill up FF with Honolulu blue folks!

just curious - how will ticket sales work for this? will they honor anyone who comes with tix from the original game? i wonder if they will offer discounted tix since it's last minute? this is going to be interesting...and good for the city... =)

Quote Originally Posted by michigansheik View Post
    Vikings game is coming to Ford Field tomorrow....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5911532

Let's fill up FF with Honolulu blue folks!
    I think this is pretty cool, FF is a great venue.

Extra day for Favre to rest his arm also and keep the starting streak going. Good move by the NFL all the way around. [[Throwing WCF a bone??????)

I'm already hearing people asking how to get tickets ! How embarassed would the Lions be if the 1st regular season Monday Night game at Ford Field be a sellout on 24 hours notice !

muskie1 Guest

If only we had officials in gov. who could react fast enough to make this a huge plus for Detroit. All the coverage of Monday night football would be a great opprotunity for a huge welcoming contingent from Detroit, Wayne County and Michigan.
    Could be a time for us to shine if we could almost make a carnival atmosphere in the area.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by muskie1 View Post
    If only we had officials in gov. who could react fast enough to make this a huge plus for Detroit. All the coverage of Monday night football would be a great opprotunity for a huge welcoming contingent from Detroit, Wayne County and Michigan.
    Could be a time for us to shine if we could almost make a carnival atmosphere in the area.

Let's not get too excited here. This isn't the Super Bowl, it is Monday night football. It happens 16 times per year.

This isn't about Detroit, it is about a football game. Nobody watching the game will gave a damn about the city in which it is played no matter which city it is.

People in other cities don't get worked into a froth and drool all over themselves over it.

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    Let's not get too excited here. This isn't the Super Bowl, it is Monday night football. It happens 16 times per year.

This isn't about Detroit, it is about a football game. Nobody watching the game will gave a damn about the city in which it is played no matter which city it is.

People in other cities don't get worked into a froth and drool all over themselves over it.
    I dunno. I've heard quite a bit of talk about the game here in NYC.

DC48080 Guest

Was this "quite a bit of talk" about the game itself ?

Or was it the fact that it is in Detroit and how great it is to have it in Detroit and how this is going to bring the city back?

The last time a game had to be moved [[SD game went to PHX), they gave away the tickets, first come.

Fox said that this game will get regional coverage, meaning MN and NYC, and maybe? any other station that wants to carry it, so it most likely will not be a national coverage game, like MNF.

5-47. Go Wings.

Was this "quite a bit of talk" about the game itself ?

Or was it the fact that it is in Detroit and how great it is to have it in Detroit and how this is going to bring the city back?
    Considering that I woke up 20 minutes ago & found out when I went online, it was about the game itself.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Considering that I woke up 20 minutes ago & found out when I went online, it was about the game itself.
    There ya go!

Keep in mind this is not "Monday Night Football", which isn't a big deal anymore anyway. It's simply football on a Monday night. The MNF game is still the game in Houston.

muskie1 Guest

Tickets will be free or with a stub from todays game. Heard you need to get tickets at the box office starting at 9 am.

Tix will be free. A stub from today's game will get you in, as will Minn/NYG tix. Or, you can hit the box office for free tix at 9 am tomorrow.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...ckets-are-free

Why was the game moved from today and why are tickets being given away? As someone who doesn't live close enough to pick up the regular games on radio, are there any stations that stream the games on the net? Every station that I find who broadcasts games does not stream it so that I can hear it.

Sorry, I just realized it was another game...

muskie1 Guest

Not for the people in other cities but for the people going who normaly don't, our own local people. I never headed to Detroit until I started going to the old Grand prix downtown. It was amazing how many places to go I found. For the next 20 plus years I would average 3- 4 visits a week to go eat etc. If you don't open new comers eyes as to what is around them they never will come.

Detroit could still capitalize off this game. Vendors, restaurants, and hotels could make some money

Quote Originally Posted by muskie1 View Post
    Kilpatrick, as much as I didn't care for him, would had thought quick enough to make this a huge plus for Detroit. Bing doesn't know how to think that fast enough as well as others in the city gov

Why don't they play the game at the Giants stadium in NJ? Did their division rivals possibly block the Giants from having an extra home game? This is a nothing game for the Vikings. I will be highly surprised if there is more than 25,000 in paid attendance for the game tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Kilpatrick, as much as I didn't care for him, would had thought quick enough to make this a huge plus for Detroit. Bing doesn't know how to think that fast enough as well as others in the city gov
    Actually, Kwame would have tried to think quick enough to make this a huge plus for Kwame. He did very little that was actually a huge plus for Detroit, but he made sure that plenty of money flowed to him and his.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Actually, Kwame would have tried to think quick enough to make this a huge plus for Kwame. He did very little that was actually a huge plus for Detroit, but he made sure that plenty of money flowed to him and his.
    Yes! If he was still Mayor, Kwame would take credit for bringing MNF to Detroit [[even though it isn't even a really even an official MNF game).

They chose Detroit because of logistics. There are already Fox camera crews here and the storm will be over by tomorrow.

Free general admission tickets if you get in line at 9am tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast