Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Dining in the D

Default Dining in the D

http://dininginthed.com/

See this on Channel. 18 comcast cable, Tues. at 7:30 pm, Wed. at 4 pm and Sat. at 9:30 pm.

Dining in the D airs on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays at 4 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. on CMNtv Channel 18 on Comcast

Too bad 90% of the places on this blog aren't "in the D."

Glad you pointed that out Matt. That's really a significant distinction you've made. Let's talk to the show's creator and tell him he must change it to "dininginthemetroD" so that Matt feels better.

Looks like a blog/show well done.

Nice Woodbridge profile. It reminds me that I haven't been in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    He's reviewed 5 places thus far. 2 within the Detroit city limits and 3 outside of it, with Berkley being the most far-flung suburb to get coverage thus far.

The "in the D" still applies, in my opinion.

Here is another episode of "Dining in the "D"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjv1Bw2cx2k

I was just thinking that!!!! Dining [[excluding carry out) has become a suburban experience for quite some time. Even some who defend and justify the crime and lack or services in Detroit are fast to cross eight mile for their Red Lobster, Logans, Walmart, and Miejers etc. I do as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Indeed that was a nice profile. Really cool place!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Nice Woodbridge profile. It reminds me that I haven't been in a while.

One of the fun things about exploring Detroit is finding unique and or out of the way dining establishments. Lots of little fish fry and neighborhood soul food joints far outside of the downtown area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I was just thinking that!!!! Dining [[excluding carry out) has become a suburban experience for quite some time. Even some who defend and justify the crime and lack or services in Detroit are fast to cross eight mile for their Red Lobster, Logans, Walmart, and Miejers etc. I do as well.
    Do people actually eat at those places? Those places are aweful... MAYBE with the exception of Meijers. I wouldn't cross the street for Dead Lobsters or Logan's Roadkill. There are like 10 seafood and BBQ places around downtown that rock the socks off those places.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitArmy View Post
    Glad you pointed that out Matt. That's really a significant distinction you've made. Let's talk to the show's creator and tell him he must change it to "dininginthemetroD" so that Matt feels better.

Looks like a blog/show well done.
    That's a really good idea, Stephen. I'll email the guy right away and suggest that change!

"I was just thinking that!!!! Dining [[excluding carry out) has become a suburban experience for quite some time."

That's news to me. Some of the best meals I've had in SE Michigan have been in the city. We'll drive downtown from Novi for dinner. I can't think of many people who would do the opposite even though Novi has a lot of good places to eat too.

Dead Lobsters... LOL! Of course... I was being sarcastic ------ in my reference to RL and Logans [[Roadkill - LOL!)...
    Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Do people actually eat at those places? Those places are aweful... MAYBE with the exception of Meijers. I wouldn't cross the street for Dead Lobsters or Logan's Roadkill. There are like 10 seafood and BBQ places around downtown that rock the socks off those places.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-13-10 at 03:28 PM.

I heard that! One of my favorite Tai restaurants [[what is the name?) is downtown on Woodward not far from the city county building. I found nothing better in the 'burbs. You just have to go there late after the meter maids are done ticketing everyone to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "I was just thinking that!!!! Dining [[excluding carry out) has become a suburban experience for quite some time."

That's news to me. Some of the best meals I've had in SE Michigan have been in the city. We'll drive downtown from Novi for dinner. I can't think of many people who would do the opposite even though Novi has a lot of good places to eat too.

bartock Guest

Bangkok Crossing?

I must disagree, though. The best Thai in my opinion is Sai Thai in St. Clair Shores. There is also one in Birmingham and the owners have a place in Grosse Pointe Village. Worth the trip.

I wouldN'T go into, out of, through, whatever for any of those chain places. It's expensive fast food. I'll stick to Taco Bell for that sort of thing.