Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Default Pelosi lies about opposition to "torture"

This just in; Documentation that Nancy Pelosi was briefed, more than once, on the status of enhanced interrogation techniques [[torture as she now refers to it) but did and said nothing to oppose it dating from 9/02 have surfaced.

Egg on the face? Or worse...an illustration of the lack of a moral compass and corruption?

Egg on the face? Or worse....
    Pelosi's got something on her face all right but I don't think it's egg, it looks more like a mask or something.....

Regarding the "or worse", it's the incompetence. Not only does she stonewall when caught in a white lie causing it to mushroom into a major distraction, her leadership style as Speaker of the House has rubbed a lot of House Democrats the wrong way. Combined with the demonstrated inability of her and Senate Majority Leader "Pinky" Reid to get and stay on the same page, it will be a three-ring circus as they attempt to put their own personal stamps on the President's legislative agenda.

no, simply more evidence that she was a lap dog for the bushies and should be dumped as speaker

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    no, simply more evidence that she was a lap dog for the bushies and should be dumped as speaker
    True. There were too many lap dogs, including the press.
    Pelosi and Reid should just go away. They are part of the problem, not the solution. New blood is needed.

Thats another reason why the Obama administration wants to let the public know about the torture but doesn't want to focus on it especially now. He knows that Dems were involved in at least being aware of it and not doing anything The political blowback would not help getting his agenda passed.

Lorax Guest

In the speaker's defense, you are not allowed to disclose classified info to anyone while in her position.

Sure, the Tushies were great at including their enemies in being complicit in their crimes, however, I will take her word that these "enhanced interrogation techniques" were discussed, but not in the context that they would actually be used. Until evidence to the contrary becomes available, in black and white, then we need to give her the benefit of the doubt.

ccbatson Guest

Laughable...not disclosing is different than flat out lying about it and taking the opposite position.

ccbatson Guest

I wonder, is Obama ready to throw Pelosi under the bus as a "Bush lapdog"?

ccbatson Guest

Unlikely, as Obama is just as guilty of this type of deception and lying for expediency and partisan politics purposes.

Lorax Guest

Answering yourself nowadays, eh?

I'll play ball with you- you're a nut.

Pelosi can't divulge classified conversations. Off the record.

So much phony umbrage from the right wing nuts on this site. Where was the outrage when Tush and Cheney were destroying the country?

The left was all over the place banging their heads against the wall in outrage. Repugnicans are phony, self-centered elitists who have a disproportinate amount of the nation's wealth, and ended up screwing not only the rest of us, but their own as well. They're finished as a party.

They listen to dummies like Michael Steele, Saracuda Failin', Lush Lintball and Sean Insannity, Bill Orally. Oh, I forgot the rodeo clown Glenn Speck [[his name refrences his brain and his manhood).

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Thats another reason why the Obama administration wants to let the public know about the torture but doesn't want to focus on it especially now. He knows that Dems were involved in at least being aware of it and not doing anything The political blowback would not help getting his agenda passed.
    A conservative guest said the same thing in a debate on the Bill Moyer's show that followed Obama's 100 days speech. The liberal guest responded that thats why we need an investigation even if Obama has to prepardon everyone before the investigation begins. So there can be an open, honest, non-political, intelligent debate. His point was that if Americans really feel that torture is necessary, respect our Constitution and word in the international community and have our laws and treaties say so.

To quote the legend of Josy Wales- "There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

This just in.... looks like some folks have finally admitted that torture was administered under the Bush administration... otherwise why bring it up??

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    This just in; Documentation that Nancy Pelosi was briefed, more than once, on the status of enhanced interrogation techniques [[torture as she now refers to it) but did and said nothing to oppose it dating from 9/02 have surfaced.

Egg on the face? Or worse...an illustration of the lack of a moral compass and corruption?
    You are posing this as a question?

Must be due to the fact that you didn't bother to include a link to an unbiased source, but then we should know by now that your compelling arguments and rational thought should suffice.

Jon Stewart ridiculed Ms. Pelosi last night on "The Daily Show" for her waffling and shifting explanations about what she knew about the CIA use of waterboarding and when she knew it:

According to Stewart, she has “basically gone from ‘I definitely was not told’ to ‘I was told but they used an auxiliary verb with a slightly more passive mood.â€

The fact that Ms. Pelosi has managed to turn this molehill into a mountain is a testament to her incompetence. She wanted to "play politics" with this issue and instead it is exploding in her face. Is she really the best leader the House Democrats can find?

Her lie is minute compared to the Bush lies, like the war etc. You lost, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    This just in.... looks like some folks have finally admitted that torture was administered under the Bush administration... otherwise why bring it up??
    All too true.

Since Bats started this thread, I guess he finally believes that torture occurred under Bush's watch. With this thread, he has effectively ceded a loose on all the previous threads where he defended Bush and torture.

Congratulation Bats, welcome to the correct side of the argument regarding torture, we knew you'd come around.

Her lie is minute compared to the Bush lies, like the war etc. You lost, get over it.
    If you had read my comment closely, you would have noticed that I indicated her lie is turning "this molehill into a mountain", but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that you perhaps just glossed over that. However, I will not acquiesce to the "get over it" comment. As we heard so often from President Bush's critics, "dissent is patriotic" and I've every right to state my opinion. I do not have to quietly accept incompetence from any elected leader, regardless of their party affiliation.

From the shallowness of your response, I would have to conclude that you are either unwilling or unable to offer any defense of Speaker Pelosi's leadership.

Yeppers, it will be fun to watch the convolutions to reconcile the Pelosi accusations and his assertion waterboarding is not torture.

Yep, Even pimples dry up after awhile.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Yep, Even pimples dry up after awhile.
    Not on Limbaugh's chapped ass.

I'll say it again, "her lie is peanuts, compared to the lies of the Bush administrations". You lost the election and are microbitching now.

But its the same lie! They are supposed to be protecting the Constitution and representing the American people. Not only do I want to not torture fellow humans, I want a government that opposes those that do and follows the laws they write. Torture and the secret rule of law opposes freedom and democracy. We need to stop talking Democrats versus Republican and talk folks of character versus weasels, honesty versus deceit, freedom versus torture. I wanted Bush out for this kind of crap and now I want her out for exactly the same reasons.

What would she have done if the CIA had told her they were killing random American citizens to keep terrorism funding high? Nothing I can do, someone else termed it as classified? Her first loyalty is supposed to be to the American people and the Constitution she swore to uphold.
    Last edited by mjs; May-14-09 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    microbitching
    Awesome! Locking this one in the vault for later use.

yep, microbitching is too damn good not to use

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast