Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Which of these are Hunter homes?

Either 97 Winder or the Hecker House for me.

GRANDMONT - lovely neighborhood then, and now? The Bauer family home at the southeast corner of Rutland and Midfield, and then directly south of this great home is another, the McGough home. Check them out. Bauer house was gutted by a fire, and then brought back to life in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    The Lemuel Bowen House is one of the only five remaining mansions that once lined Woodward Avenue.
    Attachment 12408
    The Brickbuilder, June, 1911

...Except unless there was SIGNIFICANT post-completion modification [[full third story and half fourth story added, entirely new limesone facade built on)... that's not the Lemuel Bowen house. This is the second time I've seen this Brickbuilder image posted as the Lemuel Bowen house, am I missing something?

I certainly got that one wrong - you're absolutely correct.

Turkel House without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    I certainly got that one wrong - you're absolutely correct.
    Any way to know what house that actually is, if it's still standing? It almost looks like the PW Fisher house that burned down, except in that photo it's obviously surrounded closely by other houses/buildings on all sides, not to mention the lack of expansive tree'd front yard...

Oh, and to throw my hat into the ring, 1350 Wellesley in Palmer Woods. My parents owned it before I was born [[6000 square foot Wallace Frost mansion purchased in either 1969 or 1970 for, I believe, $40,000, and they moved out a year before I was born. So not fair), and I'm still bitter that I never got to live in it.

Name:  PW.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  48.4 KB

Charles Fisher Mansion please!

Designed by George Mason & Company for Charles Fisher. 670 West Boston Boulevard built in 1922 Boston-Edison Historic District Detroit, MI.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15