Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cheney faces Nigeria charges

From Financial Times: Cheney faces Nigeria charges
    Nigeria’s anti-corruption agency plans to bring charges against Dick Cheney in connection with a $180m graft case involving a former subsidiary of Halliburton, the US oil services group that the former US vice-president once headed.
    Since this December 2 story, I understand they did indeed bring charges. I've also heard that The United States has a long-standing extradition treaty with Nigeria.

But wait. It gets better....
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-10-10 at 07:52 PM.

From The Bennington Vale Evening Transcript: Cheney Asks Americans for Money to Access Nigerian Bank Account
    ABUJA, Nigeria -- Earlier this week, the West African nation of Nigeria charged former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney with siphoning over $180 million in bribes to government officials. If convicted, Cheney could face three years in a Nigerian prison. Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission accused Cheney of making the payments while he was in charge of KBR, Halliburton’s engineering subsidiary prior to its divestiture in 2007. KBR admitted to the bribes and agreed to pay fines in the neighborhood of $597 million. International sources report that Halliburton is now entertaining a plea deal with Nigeria in which the company will settle the charges against Cheney for $500 million. But when Halliburton’s directors expressed skepticism about their ability to raise the capital in time, Cheney began sending emails to American citizens, asking for financial assistance.
    Wait. Sound familiar?

Not to worry. Jay Leno is on the case. From Late Night Joke Dump:
    Nigerian authorities are charging Dick Cheney in a bribery scandal involving Halliburton. You know it’s bad when guys in Nigeria are accusing you of a scam. -- Jay Leno

Good luck with that. He is more machine than man and won't make it beyond 2011.

That's rich! Like he doesn't have lots of money salted away. But whyever should he use his OWN money? Plenty of suckers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Exactly. There's no way he'll ever get extradited to Nigeria.

So amidst the diplomatically embarrassing atmosphere of the Wikileak affair [[That compromises operations! Oops, Valerie Plame), how would the U.S. weasel out of an extradition treaty in such a case?

I know. Tell Nigeria that Dick Cheney is too big to fail! [[He is rather rotund.)

Nation of laws, not men, my ass. It's a nation of parasitic saboteurs in power.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-10-10 at 09:13 PM.

Here is a stat most Americans don't know much about. Shit, most Americans can't even tell me where Nigeria is located on a map....so here it is...the U.S. imports more crude oil from Nigeria than it imports from Saudi, Mexico, Venezuela, and/or Kuwait. Bet that will wake a few mouth-breathers up.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

Stuff him in a 55 gallon barrel and ship it back on one of those oil tankers on its return trip.

They seem also the most volatile on that list, at quick glance.

Also the greatest majority, 12 of 15 have declining figures...from month-to-month of August into September. Half from last year. A few are quite 'stable'.

Canada being at the top of the list makes me wonder a few things. How deep is the oil-money control over THEIR government...and what mechanism keeps them at the top?! Very curious.

Sure seems like they'd be a target for invasion...by others, if not us.

Thanks for that illumination, Patrick.

Never forget Paraguay. They have their escape plan already in place.

I'm sure Dick will find their children as easily raped, and the Most Dangerous Game as easy to find 'players'.