Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any restaurants in metro Detroit servings scotch eggs?

Would like to find a restaurant that serves Scotch Eggs. mmmm...good.

Red Coat and Duggan's in Royal Oak does I believe?

Lincoln Park Brewery does...and they have good beer, too!

These are tough to find, DBC used to have them. We downloaded a recipe and made them with turkey sausage, they were delicious.

OH...... scotch eggs, mmmmmm. Those should be more readily available.... great finger food and oh so good. I make em from time to time. Never seen em on a menu

muskie1 Guest

I don't know if they have them, there is a place on 5 mile in Redford called Ackroyd's. They have a lot of British and Scotish fare.

Haven't seen Scotch eggs at Ackroyd's. They are not too hard to make, so I usually make them when I want them. I liked the ones with turkey sausage!

My bet is that with enough requests, a place like Grand Trunk [[previously Foran's) would respond to this desire.

What are scotch eggs? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    My bet is that with enough requests, a place like Grand Trunk [[previously Foran's) would respond to this desire.

What are scotch eggs? LOL
    Hard boiled eggs wrapped in a layer of sausage meat and deep fried

Whoa. Curious.

Sounds like a wee learning curve, but easily achievable...with the right tools.

If GT did it with bacon, too...then I'm sure they'd have a few regulars. I know one who'd be there a few times a week for this delicacy!

Quote Originally Posted by ellsa View Post
    Lincoln Park Brewery does...and they have good beer, too!
    I believe you mean Fort Street Brewery on Fort St by Southfield Rd.

Ye Olde Saloon in Royal Oak have them as well.

Thanks everyone for the info, keep it coming if there are any other places. I will have to check out the ones in the Royal Oak area first. Anyone ever watch Diners,Drive-Ins, and Dives? Does he ever come to Michigan?

He's done the Fly Trap in Ferndale as well as a couple others.

Here's a map of the restaurants he's done.
    http://www.flavortownusa.com/default.aspx

Red Coat definitely has them, or did, I don't remember seeing them at Duggans, but it has been a while for both.

Mmm, I love them, but usually save that treat for the Ren Fest every year.

Or if you want to be really absurd, how about a Scotch Ostrich egg?

Well I cannot top an Ostich egg, but how about these...bacon wrapped scotch eggs paired with bacon wrapped peppers stuffed with cream cheese, pastrami, shredded cheddar and jack cheese and bbq sauce.

I can hardly stand it right now. Could this be the start of a new drive-in enterprise.

I didn't think it could get any better but...how about a Bacon Cone Scotch Egg Sundae! No, no sugar, but lots of bacon. OMG I have to shut this computer down now. Could not get a link from here to work. Just goole the bold above, should land you at the bbq-brethren.com site. Make sure you scroll all the way through the photos of the preparation. Night, night...scrumptious dreams.

I now have to keep my girlfriend away from her computer. If she finds this thread, I'm SURE to lose her.

To food. Go figure. LOL

She just found and bought a refrigerator magnet that says "I love you more than bacon", at the Detroit Craft Fair, I believe. But then she told me, depending on its orientation...up, sideways, or down...I could know my status on any particular day.

Cheers!

Sean O'Callahans in Plymouth serves them and they are very good.

Attachment 7993

The TurBaconEpid is a myocardial infarction on a flowery platter. It consists of BLAAAAAHH! -- oh my God I'm so sorry *wiping chin* -- a 20lb pig stuffed with an 8lb turkey, 6lb duck, 4lb chicken [[not from can), a cornish hen and quail, bacon croissant stuffing and ten pounds of wrapped bacon between layers, glazed with 6lbs of butter and 2 liters of Doctor Pepper [[you should've done the Dew!) and garnished with a bunch of Baconator cheeseburgers for a grand total of 79,046 calories and 6,892 grams of fat. From a vegetarian standpoint it's horrifying.

Is that a Scotch egg I see in the middle ?

Default yum

if in windsor... the dominion house, right by the bridge, used to do them. be sure to eat with lotsa HP sauce!

Wow, this is making me hungry.

I hate to rehash old threads, but this came up when looking for a scotch egg in the Detroit area [[preferably around the Ferndale/Royal Oak area). My favorite scotch egg is no longer available @ Ye Olde, and St CeCe's is no longer around :[[

One Eye'd Betty's has a decent one, but the vibe of the place really isnt for me. Its usually crowded and loud.

I am open to suggestions of the current state of The Scotch Egg in Detroit and the Metro Area.

I think they sell them at the Renaissance Fair
    Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    I hate to rehash old threads, but this came up when looking for a scotch egg in the Detroit area [[preferably around the Ferndale/Royal Oak area). My favorite scotch egg is no longer available @ Ye Olde, and St CeCe's is no longer around :[[

One Eye'd Betty's has a decent one, but the vibe of the place really isnt for me. Its usually crowded and loud.

I am open to suggestions of the current state of The Scotch Egg in Detroit and the Metro Area.