Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Today Show mentions Detroit food. "It will change your life".

Cool, Slow's gets rave #3 on the Today Show. Nice to see Detroit getting positive reports more often in recent years.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/26046895/index.html

"change your life" where? the waistline? Isn't Michigan still the fattest state in the country?

We now rank behind the southern states. Midwesterners used to be the heftiest, now the southern takes have surpassed us. Yes, mac & cheese could add a few lbs.

whoever they hired to do the publicity is earning their money. How many national stories on Slows is that now?

Speaking of Slow's the takeout-only location opens on Cass on Monday.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010120...take-out-spot-

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    whoever they hired to do the publicity is earning their money. How many national stories on Slows is that now?
    Surely has nothing to do with food quality or their menu eh?

/sometimes praise is heaped on the deserving

Southerners are getting fatter because everyone from Michigan is moving down there for employment opportunities

Isn't 8pm prime carry out time in an urban neighborhood full of college students and proffesionals? Seems like they should stay open till 10 or 11 at least. Maybe they are just testing the waters. I know even 10 is too early for me, I want food late night and it just isn't available in Detroit outside coneys and a few bars. Late night food options are just one peice of the puzzle that is crafting a vibrant urban neighborhood in Midtown.

I was amused at the fact they snagged that mention. Someone on that one show "best thing I ever ate" said their mac & cheese was the best too. Hey its advertising!
    I liked my second visit there and will go back. Not just because some bigtimer said it was good.

The Mac and Cheese is truly life changing. Congrats to Phil and Brian for their success!!

Stromberg2

In the last week I read/hear of 2-3 interviews for Phil......talk about a local celebrity. How does this guy have time to do his own work?