Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Where is the FBI?

Are the Feds ever gonna charge City officials for their roles in the Synagro sludge deal [[bribe)? It's been over three months since the Synagro VP James Rosendall pleaded guilty to bribery. Kwame Kilpatrick, Bernard Kilpatrick, Monica Conyers, Michael Tardif, Derrick Miller, Rayford Jackson, Akunna Olumba, and Sam Riddle were all cited in the plea records, yet nobody has been charged with any wrongdoing.

Do you think that the FBI is carefully piecing together a slam-dunk case, or could these people have possibly covered their tracks well enough to get away with this mess?

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTROIT View Post
    Are the Feds ever gonna charge City officials for their roles in the Synagro sludge deal [[bribe)? It's been over three months since the Synagro VP James Rosendall pleaded guilty to bribery. Kwame Kilpatrick, Bernard Kilpatrick, Monica Conyers, Michael Tardif, Derrick Miller, Rayford Jackson, Akunna Olumba, and Sam Riddle were all cited in the plea records, yet nobody has been charged with any wrongdoing.

Do you think that the FBI is carefully piecing together a slam-dunk case, or could these people have possibly covered their tracks well enough to get away with this mess?

Remember how long it took for Lonnie Bates. Multiply that by 25 or 30 more and you get an idea of what the Feds are dealing with. The Feds are calling defense lawyers as we speak, which is one of the reasons Sheila has dropped out. You're going to notice a change in demeanor with a lot of big shots around this city.

I know it's difficult, I'm anxious too, but they're coming, and they're coming in hard.

Retroit Guest

This article infers that a Southfield city councilman may be involved somehow:

http://www.freep.com/article/2009050...estigating+him

Let's just hope they bring up charges against Moronica Conyours before she gets re-elected.

"The Plan" and "The FBI Raid" are two sides of the same coin.

What does Sheila Cockerel have to do with any of this???

The FBI is looking at this like all the city officials with the exception of Conyers are gone from Detroit city government. I'm not saying they shouldn't be charged. It is just that the Fed isn't in a hurry. Take note that the DOJ received bad marks thanks to the conviction of Palinland senator Ted Stevens being overturned so you know they are not going to be dragging anyone in court unless they know they are going to get a conviction that sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    What does Sheila Cockerel have to do with any of this???

She's going to end up testifying against some of her colleagues. John Clark implicated her, she knew that, which is why she went to the FBI as soon as John Clark was busted, they didn't call her in.

I have to believe that the FBI is building solid evidence. The Free Press is the main watchdog in our city, and they have been VERY quiet about this. Local news, too. I have a feeling someone from the FBI wants this to stay under the radar for a little while.

Still, its a bit disconcerting to know that the same people cited in a bribery plea deal and currently under investigation continue to make decisions for our city. Well not everyone is, one person is living it up in Dallas... We haven't heard anything about Kwame in what seems like months. That's been nice.

I'm just ansty for the Feds to rock these people with some solid convictions...

I'm looking forward to it as well. I think part of the hold up may be each time the discover one corruption within Detroit's City Government, the stumble upon something else. Just think about the time period they were taping Bernard's telephone and all the info obtained there. Not only was he shacking business owners down [[surely sharing in the profit with his son), he was getting kickbacks on contracts and working the agencys whom were suppose to be profiting at Wayne County Department of Mental Health. I truly believe by the end of the year they will come forth with warrants. It just irritates me that they came down quick on that senator from Chicago whom tried to profit from the sale of Obama's seat, yet its taking them so long with the crooks in Detroit.

Let's just hope they bring up charges against Moronica Conyours before she gets re-elected.[/quote]

You don't REALLY think she'll be re-elected do you??? I mean, the residents of Detroit would NEVER vote someone like her in again, would they? They've NEVER done that before have they? Aren't they much smarter [[eye roll) than that???

I don't think she will be re-elected. The indictments will probably come out right before the election.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    She's going to end up testifying against some of her colleagues. John Clark implicated her, she knew that, which is why she went to the FBI as soon as John Clark was busted, they didn't call her in.
    I'd think that her decision to step down is probably tied to potentially testifying against some on council. I would think that she has no stomach for sitting at the same table with those that she is potentially testifying against.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I'd think that her decision to step down is probably tied to potentially testifying against some on council. I would think that she has no stomach for sitting at the same table with those that she is potentially testifying against.
    I don't know why people insist on saying that she is stepping down?. She is serving out her term. All she has said is that she will not be running for reelection.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    I don't know why people insist on saying that she is stepping down?. She is serving out her term. All she has said is that she will not be running for reelection.
    OK, she's declining to run again. But I think she would have won in November.

In the Oklahoma City bombing case, the FBI started with nothing but the twisted remains of a truck axle. They followed that one clue and got Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols. These guys are good. The FBI will build their case and get them.

Greentroit, not trying to step on toes, but you forgot to mention Fanchon Stinger or maybe I missed reading it!!! Have to wonder how she'll come out in all this!

Ahh yes Fanchon Stinger. I did forget her. I named people cited in Rosendall's plea, so maybe she wasn't cited. Either way, we wouldn't want to forget Fanchon when listing the corrupt... Thanks!

Just doing my part!!!! lol.

Here's a thought. The FBI could be waiting for the Obama Administration to appoint a new US Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan to replace Terrence Berg, who is the interim US Attorney who's been handling things even since Stephen Murphy was appointed to the court last year.

It could very well be that the FBI doesn't want to throw a case this big on the lap of the US Attorney's office without first consulting with the person who is soon oing to be heading up that department.

Ahh yes Fanchon Stinger. I did forget her. I named people cited in Rosendall's plea, so maybe she wasn't cited. Either way, we wouldn't want to forget Fanchon when listing the corrupt... Thanks!

I'm glad the two of you brought her back up. If anyone has the opportunity, gather info on what happened in the Philadelphia corruption case. Along with Lavan Hawkins, it also had Stinger's boyfriend James Rayford involved.

LeVan Hawkins, that's a whole other Thread in itself [[what a greedy, dummy). If Rayford was involved in that and able to slither his way out, he very well maybe a FBI informant.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives......

Aww man! I remember LeVan Hawkins on those Pizza Hut commercials...

Aww man! I remember LeVan Hawkins on those Pizza Hut commercials...

Me too, before that he owned a whole bunch of Burger King restaurants. Believe it or not, those were some of the best ran, most profitable Burger Kings around. And of course, who was he hooked up with, Kwame. He even hired Conrad Mallett for a time.

Lorax Guest

Certainly the FBI has it's issues with the Ted Stevens case being overturned, not that it changes the fact Stevens was a crook and about as corrupt as it gets.

The fed has alot less to lose with this gang of thugs in Detroit, and has no illusions that whether it goes well or not, there is likely no downside to this eminent prosecution. But they are taking their time in any event.