Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Duo sued in loan for Vinton Building

PNC is suing former Detroit Lion Robert Porcher and Bobby Ferguson for a $3.65 million loan to rehab the Vinton Building.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...375/1409/metro

Sounds like some money 'diversions' going on here...
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    PNC is suing former Detroit Lion Robert Porcher and Bobby Ferguson for a $3.65 million loan to rehab the Vinton Building.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...375/1409/metro

I heard one of the primary investors skipped town and moved to Indiana.

One more kick in the nuts for Detroit...

Blarf Guest

They need to tear that building down. It's dangerous and it's an eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    What does it look like? Any pics?

Yeah, it's reading like the typical money grab scam, but hey "everyone" steals and commits fraud so what's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwigle View Post
    One more kick in the nuts for Detroit...

I would not be surprise if Robert Porcher had good intentions on revibing the Vinton Building but had gotten caught up in the Kilpatrick/Ferguson scam. I had been told by a small business owner in downtown detroit that Kilpatrick would send his henchman to small businesses in the area and shake them down for money to stay open. Wasn't Ferguson responsible for some of these crappy road paving projects? Woodward and also Grand River were repaved two to three years ago. The streets are in dire need to be repaved again. There is not telling what type of cheap substance blended with the asphalt to make these road buckle of develope pot holes and cracks so soon. I had wondered how many businesses wanted to open in Detroit but the proprietors didn't want to deal with the Kilpatrick pay to play rules. Ferguson, HAH, is an example of an American Dream Dissapointment.

This whole project seems to have been a Kilpatrick/Ferguson scam.

If memory serves me the DEGC pushed two groups to work together on this, and I have a feeling one of the groups got totally screwed.

I really like this building. Hopefully the crooked DEGC doesn't find enough money in tearing it down to focus its sight on the Vinton's demise.

Btw here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinton_Building

The Vinton is safe, don't worry.

Its in great shape.

Wow! What a beautiful building. Simply wonderful. I love Albert Kahn architecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khartoum View Post
    I really like this building. Hopefully the crooked DEGC doesn't find enough money in tearing it down to focus its sight on the Vinton's demise.

Btw here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinton_Building

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This whole project seems to have been a Kilpatrick/Ferguson scam.

If memory serves me the DEGC pushed two groups to work together on this, and I have a feeling one of the groups got totally screwed.
    Majorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    ...and you know this, of course, due to your extensive engineering background and recent evaluation of the structural integrity of the entire building, not just based on some falling face brick that has nothing whatsoever to do with the soundness of the building.

The building is solid and dry as a bone inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Krawlspace View Post
    ...and you know this, of course, due to your extensive engineering background and recent evaluation of the structural integrity of the entire building, not just based on some falling face brick that has nothing whatsoever to do with the soundness of the building.

No Krawlspace... he just likes to troll on nearly every thread.... not a positive post to be found....

Indeed that building is in great condition as buildings go in Detroit. Good location too. Ashamed to see it go to waste. Insane it would be to bull-doze it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawlspace View Post

Lol! Even I have things positive to say about this building- he, he! ------
    Quote Originally Posted by gistok View Post
    no krawlspace... He just likes to troll on nearly every thread.... Not a positive post to be found....
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-07-10 at 03:01 PM.

It would be poetry if our friends, the collective of D'Yes individuals who assembled the project IN THE FIRST PLACE, were able to get this building back free and clear...and get Ferguson's last cash grab [[found in his safe) to rebuy the elevator motors that mysteriously disappeared the moment he took control over the project. [[boy did they have a copper fetish...I'd bet big dollars the SAME crew gutted that fountain on Belle Isle, too!)

Unfortunately, the bank probably holds the biggest and most thorough lein on the property.

Some good people went together on that building...every one of 'em got the shaft...from what I gathered in passing.

What I would do to see that whole dirty DEGC, or whatever they are called, get called to the carpet on these dirty dealings. Those ugly deals are easy to spot, they include either Ferguson or Daddy Bernard on the paperwork somewhere.

They caused such pain and scammed SO many folks...and did more to ruin the city than any one group, as far as I can tell. The scummy last generation of the McNamara machine...hope the good guys can clean 'em all out!

Cheers

What good guys?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    What good guys?
    The non-crooked half that was forced to split this project with the crooks. Are you asking honestly or implying that nobody involved was good?

I was responding to Gannon's last sentence which occurs immediately prior to my response.

Funny that is a question. Seems obvious to me.

Anyone who pursues and eradicates those within city government and beyond who created the havoc we've experienced throughout my entire lifetime...those would be the good guys. The havoc I speak of is the institutionalized profiting on the continual decline and destruction of Detroit, and partying while the city burns. Shades of the latter Ceasars in old Roman times...especially Nero and Caligula.

Worse the ORGANIZED raping and pillaging of nearly EVERYONE who dared try to make the city better...especially those wonderful folk who came from outside the city and saw opportunity and tried to make something beautiful. Say...like Cafe with her coffeehouse, for instance. She is but one small example, but she was ours for that short while! Cafe was the most darling of people put under stresses that would've chased lesser mortal's packing...she didn't give up. I still remember the day we had to rescue her from that asshole of a landlord...who was able to operate as he did because he was connected to the corruption.

I consider Kym Worthy up there, especially for her move to disqualify the ENTIRE 36th District Court! THAT was a gutsy move...and spoke VOLUMES of how deep the corruption had been able to fester. Many of us were suspicious of much of the court, but I NEVER believed it was all corrupt. Silly me.

I know enough to understand that from McNamara through Bernard Kilpatrick through Momma Cheeks on down to Kwhyme...we've had generational corruption which has rooted throughout the system, even in places not so obvious. They really thought they had it sewn up...that is why Kwhyme was so bold, and his co-horts that remain in the city...both working within government AND running their illegal establishments...are scheming even now to get back to where they once were.

Not enough of them are being rooted out by the current mayor, and I'm still on the fence about him...whether he is complicit with them, or ignorant of them [[which is worse)...or he is WAY smarter and is letting them stay employed while Federal investigations continue and do the housecleaning FOR him.

I'm really beginning to understand that the last one is the most likely...I've heard about some investigations that are promised to break SOON that will be Earth-shattering for those who think they are out of the storm. Please don't ask, I won't be talking about them at all. It is good enough to boast that they will be happening, I LIKE the fact that THEY get to be the ones shaking in their shoes now...karmic whiplash, they earned it by delivering the same on their ugly way to the top.

Plus, I've talked with an increasing number of people I trust who have some tremendous things to say about Mayor Bing...and I know my favorite mayor of my lifetime is meeting with him...or at least HAS met with him...and that gives me hope.

I'm not used to having hope with Detroit politics. I'm also not used to having light shone on injustice that heavily injured people I know. I wasn't really close with all of the Vinton investors, but knew a few of them...and I want the best for each and every one of 'em. I just hope they can work it all out, if they get the chance.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; December-08-10 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I know enough to understand that from McNamara through Bernard Kilpatrick through Momma Cheeks on down to Kwhyme...we've had generational corruption which has rooted throughout the system, even in places not so obvious. They really thought they had it sewn up...that is why Kwhyme was so bold, and his co-horts that remain in the city...both working within government AND running their illegal establishments...are scheming even now to get back to where they once were.
    There's not a lot of scheming required here. A healthy chunk of them are still in appointed positions within the Bing Administration. The others aren't far away.

Not enough of them are being rooted out by the current mayor, and I'm still on the fence about him...whether he is complicit with them, or ignorant of them [[which is worse)...or he is WAY smarter and is letting them stay employed while Federal investigations continue and do the housecleaning FOR him.
    I hadn't thought of it, but there is always the possibility that the only reason Mayor Bing is keeping so many of the Kilpatrick cronies around is that he is hoping they'll keep plundering, but this time do it while the FBI is watching.

If they weren't able to catch them before, maybe they'll get lucky next time. After all, crooks always continue stealing until they are captured or killed. It's what they do.

Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that complicit or ignorant are far more likely options. [[Doubly worse - I think that ignorant is the most likely of these options.)

Plus, I've talked with an increasing number of people I trust who have some tremendous things to say about Mayor Bing...and I know my favorite mayor of my lifetime is meeting with him...or at least HAS met with him...and that gives me hope.
    I've heard a lot of smart people say great things about Mayor Bing, too. Of course, I also remember hearing similar great things about Kwame Kilpatrick during the first couple years of his administration from many of the same people.

People sometimes see what they want to see in others and, in my opinion, become too willing to buy into a promise from one politician or another. I, on the other hand, endeavor to retain a sense of healthy skepticism.

Dave Bing doesn't take a salary.

If Bing knows who they are, he should clean house.

Hoping the FBI will catch them in wishful thinking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast