Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another horrifying murder

http://detroitnews.com/article/20101...ive-in-Detroit

Beaten and burned alive... this is just surreal. It is likely because of the severity of the murder that the victim was a drug dealer or criminal, but what if the victim was not? What if the victim was just a regular person out for a morning jog or just returning from taking their kids to school?

This crime has me considering buying a gun and getting my CPL. I'm torn though as I seriously wonder if more weapons and guns are the answer. I also wonder too how Detroit's judiciary would respond to a murder-in-self-defense situation.

Wow. Isn't that about four bodies burned up in the last week?

Zozo: It's horrifying, yes, no matter who the victim was. But do you really think a "normal" person out for a jog would be beat and burned in a random attack early in the morning? That's not how the usual mugging goes down, does it?
    I think the record will show, though, that the prosecutor doesn't press charges if you shoot someone in true self-defense, when your life is in danger -- and not when the bad guy is running away.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Zozo: It's horrifying, yes, no matter who the victim was. But do you really think a "normal" person out for a jog would be beat and burned in a random attack early in the morning? That's not how the usual mugging goes down, does it?
    I think the record will show, though, that the prosecutor doesn't press charges if you shoot someone in true self-defense, when your life is in danger -- and not when the bad guy is running away.
    Yes, I do think that would happen to a normal person out for a jog these days. Just look at the two thugs who set the dog on fire and videotaped it while it was dying. Nothing surprises me with the thug mentality anymore.

Actually didn't the exact thing happen to a woman a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I disagree. Unfortunately I don't think any crime is too outrageous for Detroit, at the moment.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Yes, I do think that would happen to a normal person out for a jog these days. Just look at the two thugs who set the dog on fire and videotaped it while it was dying. Nothing surprises me with the thug mentality anymore.
    ...not to mention the gang initiation stuff, as suggested on another thread. I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    http://detroitnews.com/article/20101...ive-in-Detroit

Beaten and burned alive... this is just surreal. It is likely because of the severity of the murder that the victim was a drug dealer or criminal, but what if the victim was not? What if the victim was just a regular person out for a morning jog or just returning from taking their kids to school?

This crime has me considering buying a gun and getting my CPL. I'm torn though as I seriously wonder if more weapons and guns are the answer. I also wonder too how Detroit's judiciary would respond to a murder-in-self-defense situation.
    That was either hastily written and not checked for errors, or the editing department at the Detroit News sucks. First I noticed the caption was rife with errors, then reading the story was just as bad. Not only that but no where in the article does it say the person was burned alive like the headline.
    Someone must have written this in 5 minutes and then posted it, one can only hope.

As for the story, well lets wait until the facts come out, bad thing to happen regardless of who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    That was either hastily written and not checked for errors, or the editing department at the Detroit News sucks. First I noticed the caption was rife with errors, then reading the story was just as bad. Not only that but no where in the article does it say the person was burned alive like the headline.
    Someone must have written this in 5 minutes and then posted it, one can only hope.

As for the story, well lets wait until the facts come out, bad thing to happen regardless of who it was.
    It says it in the very first sentence. Did you not bother to read that far?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonyo exit View Post
    It says it in the very first sentence. Did you not bother to read that far?
    I think in my haste to bitch about the poor writing skills of the journalist, I skipped that part.

bartock Guest

The truth is stranger than fiction.

"Shakita Celloway saw several police and fire vehicles racing to the scene. She saw the incident unfolding as she took her children to school, but did not know the victim.
    'Someone had beat him and set him on fire,' Celloway said.

Resident Lenard Trammel heard about the incident from some children in the neighborhood.
    "Some kids told me there was a body out there and it was still smoking. I went up to him and he was charred pretty bad. After that I called the police. I didn't try to cover him and I didn't want to mess with the scene. He was gone and you couldn't do nothing about it," Trammel said.

Valerie Russell said neighbors tried to block off the street so children couldn't see the body, which has not been identified. Russell said a friend of hers noticed the body around 7:30 a.m.

"People were out there taking photographs with their cell phones," said Robin Hudson, who lived in the neighborhood. "That's just terrible."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101206/...#ixzz17MmgVOjl

detroitjim Guest

My guess is , that it was one of the two that killed Brian Stuckey.

DetroitDad Guest

No doubt, that ominous feeling has merit. These are not good times for Michigan.

My heart goes out to the victims, and those who mourn them.

lilpup Guest

Unless there were witnesses there's no way to tell without an autopsy if a body was beaten or shot prior to a severe burning [[i.e. "charred"). It's also possible for someone to be so wasted they don't get out of a car if they accidentally start a fire - much the same as drunks [[or others) smoking in bed.

[[or this could be the work of a freak serial killer with a flame fetish)

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    [[or this could be the work of a freak serial killer with a flame fetish)
    Like in the "Criminal Minds" episode of a few weeks ago.