Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Brutal Murder of Brian Stuckey

Will anyone come forth re. this murder!? In the mean time the killers roam free! I've just given up on getting gas in the city for some time now - I just avoid it if possible. Some suggest the gas station attendant could have done more. He was killed despite begging for his life. Watch both videos as well as story link.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...obref=obinsite

Man Fatally Shot at Detroit Gas Station

DETROIT - Detroit Police are looking for two cold-blooded killers. Their victim did not hand over his car keys fast enough. He begged for his life, pleading with the suspects not to shoot because he was a father.

The victim really did not have anything of value with him, but these heartless individuals were determined to walk away with something, so they took his life.

"I'm just torn apart right now. I've cried so much I don't even know what's left to do," said Angela Avery, the victim's girlfriend.

Avery still can not believe her son's father, 29-year-old Brian Stuckey, is gone. It happened at a BP gas station at Seven Mile and Rutherford early Wednesday morning.

The whole disturbing scene was captured by the station's surveillance cameras. The video shows Stuckey walking into the BP and while he is inside, the two suspects are waiting for him outside.

"They were searching for something. They went through every lick of clothing from his jacket to his socks and shoes it looks like," said Detroit Police Detective Al Williams.

The apparent robbery goes on for at least a few minutes, but it appeared the clerk, who could clearly see what was happening, did not call police until the crime took a deadly turn.

Surveillance video shows the thugs walk Stuckey back inside, one with a weapon to his back and the other holding a shotgun. Police believe they wanted to steal his car, but Stuckey could not find his keys.

Stuckey began to beg for his life, but despite his pleas for mercy, one of the men shot him and they both took off running. That's when the clerk came from behind the counter and called 911.

"Why do you have to kill people? I just don't understand," Avery said.

Detective Williams said there are a few things about Stuckey's murder that he finds suspicious. For one, the men were determined to take his motorcycle vest. He belonged to the God's Sons Motorcycle Club. Police are also looking into whether they are behind other recent robberies in the area.

"These two guys, to me, look very comfortable, looked like they were from the neighborhood. I'm pretty sure somebody from that area [[saw those) guys that day," he said.

Police are still investigating and looking at all the evidence, but they are hoping someone watching the surveillance video recognizes the men and has the courage to turn them in. [[You can see an extended version of the surveillance video by watching the third video in the player above.)

"Put yourself in my shoes. Put yourself in his mother's shoes, his family's shoes," said Avery.
    Police are looking for any information that will help them get these guys off the streets. Call Detroit Police if you can help.
    ----------
    FOX 2's Andrea Isom has more on this story. She talked to a gas station employee, the victim's sister and the president of the God's Sons Motorcycle Club. Click on the second video to watch her report.
    ----------
    The God's Sons Motorcycle Club is collecting donations to give Brian Stuckey's children a Chirstmas. Their address is 8711 West Chicago, Detroit, MI 48204. You can also call them at [[313) 419-9326.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-06-10 at 01:20 AM.

The only time I've seen "the community come together" recently was when the 90 year-old grandmother was raped.

According to a news report that morning, the gas station clerk was on his very first day in that job. He quit the same day. I don't recall what he said about calling 911, but he was practically in tears, and said he never saw any reason for them to shoot the man.

I hear there's talk of boycotting the place. That will probably be short lived; in Detroit unless you get out to the burbs your a captive audience to the few stores and gas stations of the area. The killers were pretty brazen to walk Stuckey back into the gas station guns showing... one being a long gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    According to a news report that morning, the gas station clerk was on his very first day in that job. He quit the same day. I don't recall what he said about calling 911, but he was practically in tears, and said he never saw any reason for them to shoot the man.

THIS is the reason why people in Detroit are moving to the suburbs.

Hell, they're doing more than just moving to the suburbs, they're moving out of the state.

I'm hip... it's just too much. It's getting too brazen and IN YOUR FACE - BOLD - the crime quotient in Detroit that is. Coupled with the failed politics of Lansing and the general economy. "See ya" to Michigan some have said. Nice to here from you BTW Chub... [[Z).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Hell, they're doing more than just moving to the suburbs, they're moving out of the state.

For sure it's why I don't get my gas in the city if I can avoid it. One of my jobs is suburban so I try to time my gas fill-ups for when I am there. Still then I am ALWAYS watchful of my surroundings on planet earth [[urban or suburban).
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    THIS is the reason why people in Detroit are moving to the suburbs.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-05-10 at 06:19 PM.

WTF is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    WTF is going on.
    Christmas is coming up. Usually in third world countries this type of violence happens more in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Our economy is that bad I guess...

Neither Mr. Stuckey's killers, nor most of America, viewed him or them as fully human. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    For sure it's why I don't get my gas in the city if I can avoid it. One of my jobs is suburban so I try to time my gas fill-ups for when I am there. Still then I am ALWAYS watchful of my surroundings on planet earth [[urban or suburban).
    I agree. I cannot remember the last time I got more than $5 worth of petrol in a city gas station in a shady, random area. Closest I've ever gotten to trouble is at Grand River and Grand Boulevard.

Perhaps the city should have all police cars gas up at public stations...increase their presence a bit at the pumps. Especially plain-clothes and gang squad! If the police could expend the humanpower to bust a few kids to make the chief look good, they can also spend some time insuring the populace is safe against gangsters. The kids selling nickel bags for the fellow who owns the gas station are not the trouble, but they ARE nearly indistinguishable from the loiterers who will cut your throat for your car.

Perhaps our broken-windows solution begins with pursuing basic loitering law observance. I'd let a small-time drug user [[without any harmful behavioral history) out of prison for every loiterer brought in...then let the probation system sort it all out. They seem to want the entire city on tethers, anyways.

These guys will get caught. Its just a matter of time. You cannot be on video and get away. The crime is also to brutal and brazen for someone NOT to come forward. People that also do these type of crimes, do it for recognition and so that they can talk about it. It will happen, I just hope it doesn't go COLD before it happens.

Yikes! Grand River and W. Grand Blvd. has been rough for years, followed by that nearby jewel of a scary station on Linwood and W. Grand Blvd.

Yeah, on occasion I will go to that Sunoco up on Woodward and Alexandrine [[Midtown) near WSU though the gas is higher the closer you get to WSU and downtown. But it is well lit and near that police headquarters up on Woodward and West Grand is nearby and you have the WSU and city cops frequenting that strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I agree. I cannot remember the last time I got more than $5 worth of petrol in a city gas station in a shady, random area. Closest I've ever gotten to trouble is at Grand River and Grand Boulevard.

Perhaps the city should have all police cars gas up at public stations...increase their presence a bit at the pumps. Especially plain-clothes and gang squad! If the police could expend the humanpower to bust a few kids to make the chief look good, they can also spend some time insuring the populace is safe against gangsters. The kids selling nickel bags for the fellow who owns the gas station are not the trouble, but they ARE nearly indistinguishable from the loiterers who will cut your throat for your car.

Perhaps our broken-windows solution begins with pursuing basic loitering law observance. I'd let a small-time drug user [[without any harmful behavioral history) out of prison for every loiterer brought in...then let the probation system sort it all out. They seem to want the entire city on tethers, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yikes! Grand River and W. Grand Blvd. has been rough for years, followed by that nearby jewel of a scary station on Linwood and W. Grand Blvd.

Yeah, on occasion I will go to that Sunoco up on Woodward and Alexandrine [[Midtown) near WSU though the gas is higher the closer you get to WSU and downtown. But it is well lit and near that police headquarters up on Woodward and West Grand is nearby and you have the WSU and city cops frequenting that strip.
    Jewel of a gas station on Linwood and W. Grand......That sh*t is hilarious Zacha I know exactly what you mean and what you are talking about!

Hah, there are some scary ones out there for certain... try that joint at Linwood and Oakman--it's so dark on that corner you need a flash light to see the pumps.... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    Jewel of a gas station on Linwood and W. Grand......That sh*t is hilarious Zacha I know exactly what you mean and what you are talking about!

Michigan needs to bring back the death penalty. Even if it makes one killer decide to not kill a year, it at least saves one life.

I try to avoid getting gas in the city, especially at night for this very reason.

I hope they catch these bastards. As far as the attendant calling 911, I don't believe the police could have responded fast enough. Also, I don't think the attendant wanted to be standing there calling 911 right infront of these criminals, or they might have shot him also.

Yeah, I cannot imagine what was going through his mind, on the first day at that job.

Sitting in a plexiglass bowl, knowing if they saw him on the phone he'd be next.

Nah, I don't see where anyone can point any fingers at the fellow.

Heck, HE'S looking for a new job today.

If they tried to take the mans club vest - they were out collecting scalps. It was gang on gang activity, and that was probably part of their initiation to a higher level. Required to be a "made man" in any gang. [[made n____r in street language). Not that the motorcycle club is on the same par with a street gang [[ I dont know anything about this club) but it would make them a territorial target for trophies.

[[what the hell are you doing up so early? LOL)

Your theory makes alot of sense. Hence why they refused to spare his life. Tragic further for the person that would have happened upon this. They where well armed with a long and hand guns. And in the video they walk about pretty comfortably. They know/ knew the poor sappington attendant in the plexiglass bubble was not going to come out and do anything. Someone probably drove by and sped up upon seeing this go down. Everyone 'knows' their respective place when criminals rule!
    Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    If they tried to take the mans club vest - they were out collecting scalps. It was gang on gang activity, and that was probably part of their initiation to a higher level. Required to be a "made man" in any gang. [[made n____r in street language). Not that the motorcycle club is on the same par with a street gang [[ I dont know anything about this club) but it would make them a territorial target for trophies.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-07-10 at 06:05 AM.

Indeed it was a bad first day on the job. And these guys knew they did not have to worry about him responding or any fast police response even if called......
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Yeah, I cannot imagine what was going through his mind, on the first day at that job.

Sitting in a plexiglass bowl, knowing if they saw him on the phone he'd be next.

Nah, I don't see where anyone can point any fingers at the fellow.

Heck, HE'S looking for a new job today.

Living in Detroit is like living in the Wild West. Every man should have a gun and a gun fight is most likely to happen.

They need to put in some sort of hands-free phone, or panic button the clerk can hit with his foot, for when/if something like this happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast