Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dearborn man killed in Detroit

Crime has been very high on the west side lately...

This sounds like a 'deal' gone really, really bad.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...buy-television
    Father shot and killed in Detroit; family members say he was trying to buy a television set

DEARBORN, Mich. [[WXYZ) - A father of four children was shot and killed Thursday night as he sat in his car. Family members of 39-year-old Hassan Abdallah say he had followed a former co-worker to a Detroit neighborhood near Livernois and Puritan. Abdallah was supposed to buy a television set from a mutual friend.

Detectives tell family that Abdallah was shot in the head. He was found several hours later.
    Family members think it was all a set up, perhaps to steal his cash. They say all his money was missing.

"Hassan was probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet," said David Abdallah, the victim's cousin. "He's definitely somebody who'll go to bat and do whatever to help anybody."

Detroit Police tell Action News they do not have any description on possible suspects to release at this time.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-05-10 at 09:06 AM.

Why go to some bad neighborhood to buy a flat screen from some unknown person? People need to be much more careful these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Crime has been very high on the west side lately...

This sounds like a 'deal' gone really bad.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...buy-television
    Father shot and killed in Detroit; family members say he was trying to buy a television set

DEARBORN, Mich. [[WXYZ) - A father of four children was shot and killed Thursday night as he sat in his car. Family members of 39-year-old Hassan Abdallah say he had followed a former co-worker to a Detroit neighborhood near Livernois and Puritan. Abdallah was supposed to buy a television set from a mutual friend.

Detectives tell family that Abdallah was shot in the head. He was found several hours later.
    Family members think it was all a set up, perhaps to steal his cash. They say all his money was missing.

"Hassan was probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet," said David Abdallah, the victim's cousin. "He's definitely somebody who'll go to bat and do whatever to help anybody."
    Detroit Police tell Action News they do not have any description on possible suspects to release at this time.

A new DYes'er, johnny1954 just yesterday posted on the Math Teacher in Woodbridge thread that his freind was just shot and killed. The link provided said the man was buying a TV for his sister, so this must be him. How unfortunate and sad. But agreed, people do need to be much more careful these days.

Yeah, it is all so sad. And one of the reasons I stopped selling things thru Craigslist. I don't want to meet anyone for any transaction, any where. Ebay is safer dealing thru the mails where I have a special off-site mailing address out of Detroit just for that and paypals shields all personal financial information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    A new DYes'er, johnny1954 just yesterday posted on the Math Teacher in Woodbridge thread that his freind was just shot and killed. The link provided said the man was buying a TV for his sister, so this must be him. How unfortunate and sad. But agreed, people do need to be much more careful these days.

Yeah, it is all so sad. And one of the reasons I stopped selling things thru Craigslist. I don't want to meet anyone for any transaction, any where. Ebay is safer dealing thru the mails where I have a special off-site mailing address out of Detroit just for that and paypals shields all personal financial information.
    Smart....very smart.

One of the articles said he set up the deal through someone he used to work with, so there is a known person in this mix.

Such a tragic story and so senseless.
    Speaking of Ebay&Craigslist,I do quite of buying from those sites. The few times that I've done local pick up I've always insisted on meeting in a public place. My place of choice is always a local police station. If the seller refuses then I don't make the purchase.

always..always do c/l transactions in a public place..sold a van to a guy, met him in a kmarts lot.. he tried to drive off without paying not knowing i only had bout half a gallon of gas in it. found it a few blocks way.

[[boy it got shitty gas mileage)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    No, these are two different crimes and different locations.

Hah. That would help weed out the weirdos and criminal types fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Such a tragic story and so senseless.
    Speaking of Ebay&Craigslist,I do quite of buying from those sites. The few times that I've done local pick up I've always insisted on meeting in a public place. My place of choice is always a local police station. If the seller refuses then I don't make the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    No, these are two different crimes and different locations.

Pssssttt, read page two of the other thread.

Oh okay, I thought they were suggesting that the math teacher in Woodbridge was this same guy killed in Detroit from Dearborn, lol. Sorry!

In the end of the Trojan War. The Trojans had won, the Greeks sail away home from the ships. But left a big wooden horse as a honor to Minerva and Poseidon. The Greeks left a hero named Sinon to deliver the wooden horse to the Trojans. King Priam saw that the horse is a gift from the gods and it must be in the gates to applease them. Laocoon, a Trojan Priest warned King Priam saying " BEWARE OF GREEKS BEARING GIFTS!" Then Minerva send serpents to capture and strangled Laocoon and his sons away. Fearing the Minerva and Poseidon will smite the Trojans, they torn the wall down the brought in the horse in. That night after the partied, all the Trojans drunk themselves to sleep. The Greeks heroes come out the wooden horse, sack Troy and kill all the Trojans accept Aeneas, his son and his crippled father.

For a Dearborn man going to stranger's home to get a TV is very dangerous. It's better to go to shop or a community thrift store then accepting gifts and purchases for total strangers.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

Becuase violent crime is everywhere. People will lie, cheat, steal and kill for love of money and treasures.

Neda, I Miss you so.
    Last edited by Danny; December-05-10 at 03:39 PM.

On the comments sections of all the online news articles it is stated as an 'assumption' again and again... the comments are pretty cruel. Basically saying the man was a fool engaging in such a transaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Has anyone entertained the possibility that the TV for sale was stolen?