Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Very loud explosion sound in Warrendale...

It sounded like it came from around the southfield freeway... but I see nothing. It wlas VERY loud and shook the house. Anyone around here know what it was?

johnny1954 Guest

someone ate too much falafil and hommous

Greenfield Village was lighting off fireworks for their Holiday Nights program. It was pretty loud over here, too.

What I heard was one single explosion and it was much louder than fireworks...

Do you have a rail yard nearby or anything epiphany? Just a thought, but if you do it could have just been a really....really hard coupling of a train. I have one near my place...about 5 blocks away and I've experienced an explosion like sound with a shake of all the stuff in the apartment...turned out to be a train.

I dunno...just throwin' it out there.

Yeah, I work near there part-time and the first time I saw fireworks in the winter boom and banging it was a surprise indeed! It's pretty cool, gray winter skies and fireworks aglow!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    Greenfield Village was lighting off fireworks for their Holiday Nights program. It was pretty loud over here, too.

I HATE the Greenfield Village fireworks! Scare the $h!t out of me because you never expect them. I can't tell you how many times I've hit the floor because of them. Very likely that is what you heard. I am a Warrendale resident too.

I only live a few hundred feet from the freeway. I did not hear a single house rattling explosion.

It thought it could been gun shot or a somebody making meth that a lab exploded.

The fireworks were unusually loud last night. It actually made my puppy bark [[she thought someone was at the door). I didn't hear anything but the finale and it sounded like one huge explosion...not a bunch of booms.