Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Downtown Foodland

I was driving past the strip mall in front of Lafayette Towers and had noticed workers inside the former Downtown Foodland store. My friend who lives in Lafayette Park didn't know what was going on inside the space. Does anyone has any clues to whether a new grocery store is in the process of opening in that spot?

Hello to answer your question YES!!! the old Downtown Foodland has been purchased. The store will be named Lafayette Foods. My name is Lance, I will be the full time manager for the new market [[Lafayette Foods). My team and I combined have over 50 years of experience. We currently have three stores in the city of Detroit and one in the suburbs. The team is extremely excited to take on the new challenge. The market is expected to open around April of 2011, if not sooner. Please if you or anyone have any questions, or suggestions about the new market Lafayette Foods, feel free to blog back or shoot me an email thank you.
    Lance lafayettefoods@gmail.com

Wow! That's exciting. We need more full-service grocery stores in the city. Where are your other stores located?
    Quote Originally Posted by LafayetteFoods View Post
    Hello to answer your question YES!!! the old Downtown Foodland has been purchased. The store will be named Lafayette Foods. My name is Lance, I will be the full time manager for the new market [[Lafayette Foods). My team and I combined have over 50 years of experience. We currently have three stores in the city of Detroit and one in the suburbs. The team is extremely excited to take on the new challenge. The market is expected to open around April of 2011, if not sooner. Please if you or anyone have any questions, or suggestions about the new market Lafayette Foods, feel free to blog back or shoot me an email thank you.
    Lance lafayettefoods@gmail.com

The other stores are located on [[1) Grandriver and Lasher Detroit , [[2) Harper between Cadieux and Whittier Detroit, [[3) Chalmers Detroit, [[4) Orchard Lake and Ten mile Farmington