Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Jazzy Cafe in Harmonie Park is STILL OPEN!

In a recent thread, I surmised that Espresso Jazzy Cafe in Harmonie Park might no longer be open based on their Facebook Page which stated that they served their final cup of coffee on August 10th. Well, I definitely misspoke, and their Facebook is incorrect, because Jazzy Cafe is certainly not closed. I walked by this evening and Jazzy is still open for business. I just wanted to make this clear so no damage was done by me half-suggesting that they might have closed. I will stop in there soon to let them know that they need to fix their web page. If you're in there sooner, please tell them for me!
    Last edited by BrushStart; December-03-10 at 01:31 AM.

Is that the place where the artist "Shades" hangs out?

My friend and photo taking lady friend Annie is the redhead in the picture. Ive stopped by a few times, there is a cozy comfy little area up some stairs...

They definantly did close. They were evicted for non-payment of rent. The owner of the cafe then proceeded to destroy the space, blasting holes in the wall and ripping out fictures and such. The landlady said it was a drug front. The space was cleaned up and is now the "End Zone Eaterie."

I would take any testimony from this landlady, especially with regards to anyone who has darker pigmentation than hers, with a grain of salt.

That said, I don't know the dealings of this fellow, other than to say that EVERY time I went in there...I was served great espresso and even greater company. The conversation in that joint was always as rich and awakening as the coffee.

Sorry to see it go...not so sorry to see another shoved outside that terrible woman's little fiefdom.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    They definantly did close. They were evicted for non-payment of rent. The owner of the cafe then proceeded to destroy the space, blasting holes in the wall and ripping out fictures and such. The landlady said it was a drug front. The space was cleaned up and is now the "End Zone Eaterie."
    You're right. I stopped in there yesterday and realized that it is no longer Espresso Jazzy Cafe but rather End Zone Cafe, a little take out place. Between the Facebook page and the awning out front that still says Espresso Jazzy Cafe... I've just been perpetually confused.