Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Demicans Fear Obama Will Cave.....

Ha, ha, ha. I just read this headline at Huffpost. Obama cave in? Oh, that is soooo yesterday. It's done and over. Let's get on to the 2012 election and replace Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Ha, ha, ha. I just read this headline at Huffpost. Obama cave in? Oh, that is soooo yesterday. It's done and over. Let's get on to the 2012 election and replace Obama.
    With what.... a Republican??

If the Republicans nominate a very conservative right winger.... who do you think is going to win?? A centrist [[Obama) or a far right winger?

And what do you mean by replace.... with another Democratic nominee?? Better check your history books before making that prediction....

It's waaaay too early to make predictions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

If the Republicans nominate a very conservative right winger.... who do you think is going to win?? A centrist [[Obama) or a far right winger?

And what do you mean by replace.... with another Democratic nominee?? Better check your history books before making that prediction....

No predictions. All wishful thinking. Don't ever underestimate republicrats when it comes to elections - guns, money and nuts. nObama won big time in '08. He and his party had a huge mandate [[Change You Can Believe In???), or so it seemed. nObama squandered it with his ridicluous attempts at bi-partisanship. Did you ever predict the situation we're in now? Did anyone really believe Palin would still be above the radar? What did we think of McCain's seemingly generous, humble acknowledgment of nObama's win? McConnell is still calling the shots - defeat nObama! And what has nObama done? Are you suggesting a far right winger couldn't win? Is that a prediction? I hope you're correct. History books, as you should know, aren't always accurate. Regardless, rules and records are made and broken. I'm in no way suggesting we should look to the republicrats for a candidate. I'm suggesting a demican other than nObama. That's all we have to hope for at this point: someone not as bad as the far right, nor as bad as nObama. Check history books about Africa-American presidential candidates prior to the '08 election. nObama has demonstrated none of a fighters qualities to this point to persuade me he's nothing other than a failed president, and likely a failed candidate in '12.

nObama won big time in '08. He and his party had a huge mandate [[Change You Can Believe In???), or so it seemed. nObama squandered it with his ridicluous attempts at bi-partisanship.

I agree with this statement. Obama should have seen the writing on the wall and rammed his program through the Congress, regardless of whatever Tried and Failed ideas the Corporate Robots reiterated. Because of Obama's willingness to share his toys with the spoiled brats on the Right, we get nothing but watered-down economic stimulus and watered-down healthcare. Oh, and never mind that the nation will be entirely ungovernable the next two years. You ain't seen nothin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    I agree with this statement. Obama should have seen the writing on the wall and rammed his program through the Congress, regardless of whatever Tried and Failed ideas the Corporate Robots reiterated. Because of Obama's willingness to share his toys with the spoiled brats on the Right, we get nothing but watered-down economic stimulus and watered-down healthcare. Oh, and never mind that the nation will be entirely ungovernable the next two years. You ain't seen nothin yet.
    You are right. And for how many years have we been saying that? Everytime we think it'll get better, W/T/F happens? Sorry, nObama is a loser. I'm tired of loser demicans. After working so hard for 'Change I Can Believe In', and supporting candidates for so many years that pretend to be liberal/progressive, but are in reality right wing, I'm back to supporting candidates that I believe in. If there are any around.

Sarah Palin is boasting she can beat Obama in 012. What's scary is, that she could really end up POTUS.

1KielsonDrive, just what policies would you institute if you were president? I'm curious since no one is up to your standards. Let's also remember that this country is a democratic republic, which means that you can't force 40%+ to accept your ideas if they don't like them. Even though you technically could, if the ideas are really adverse to their thinking, guess what? They'll just elect a candidate to undo those policies. Like it or not, it's a centrist country.

Obama is FAR froma centrist....or at least he was.....after shoving that Obamacare down our thoats, that is what did him in and why the elections went the way they did. Unless he can compromise with the Republicans for the next two years AND the economy imporoves, he will not win in my opionion.....again just an opinion.
    His only real hope would be for Palin to actually get the nomination, which won't happen, in which case he will win.....you know what they say.....which is the lessor of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Obama is FAR froma centrist....
    only because the extremism of the republicans makes anyone who IS centrist, or center right [[which Obama clearly is) seem "liberal."

If Palin gets the nomination, we're toast, because it would either mean that she will become president, or Obama will get a 2nd term.

Like Obama, Palin will say/do anything to get elected. She was all neo-con for the '08 election, then suddenly was on-board with the tea-partiers in '10. Given the libertarian roots of the tea-party, neo-con and tea-party don't mix. Let's hope we get a sensible principled non-Hollywood conservative type candidate running in '12. Obama was all slick Hollywood used-car salesman, but unfortunately, there are enough people in this country that like to get rub-a-dubbed. As long as you're slick [[like Kwame) you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Let's hope we get a sensible principled non-Hollywood conservative type candidate running in '12.
    Good luck finding one of those in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Good luck finding one of those in this country.
    They're here, but the entrenched political machine in this country does all it can to keep "it's own" in the higher ranks in D.C.

It's no wonder at all to me why some people choose not to vote.

Obama and Palin are both terrible.
    I vote no confidence in both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    1KielsonDrive, just what policies would you institute if you were president? I'm curious since no one is up to your standards. Let's also remember that this country is a democratic republic, which means that you can't force 40%+ to accept your ideas if they don't like them. Even though you technically could, if the ideas are really adverse to their thinking, guess what? They'll just elect a candidate to undo those policies. Like it or not, it's a centrist country.
    If we are a centrist country, as you contend, then why are we being ruled by extreme right wingers backed and funded by multi-national corporations? You also contend that we are a democratic republic. I disagree. We are a one party oligarchy. But, you are correct that no one is up to my standards. Certainly not nObama or Palin or McCain or McConnell or Rangel or..........? Who's up to your standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Obama and Palin are both terrible.
    I vote no confidence in both of them.
    I also vote no confidence in both of them.

Who's up to your standards?
    I'll answer that after you answer the original question I asked you, which was: 1KielsonDrive, just what policies would you institute if you were president?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I'll answer that after you answer the original question I asked you, which was: 1KielsonDrive, just what policies would you institute if you were president?
    END the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Cut defense spending. Close Guantanamo and conduct fair trials for the supposed terrorists, if in fact all detainess are terrorists, which some of them may or may not be. Impose DADT much like Truman imposed integration a half century ago. Protect SS and Medicare and their funding sources. Fer krist sakes what good does it do to pass a questionable medical care reform bill if you're going to cut medicare? Repeal trillions of dollars of tax cuts Bush implemented a decade ago. Pass additional unemployment compensation and for real foreclosure and bankruptcy assistance, etc, etc, etc. I don't care if you answer my questions or not and I feel no need to answer you specifically. If you've read any of my postings, then you know my positions. I don't think for a minute that nObama is capable of all of this, I think every minute about his inability to enunciate, argue and fight for any of this. nObama was a good campaigner but is a failure as president, much like entrepeneurs who have the ability to start a company but can't run it. nObama not only doesn't know what to do he doesn't even know how or who to talk to about it. And now he's in checkmate.

Who's up to your standards?
    I like this guy. Too bad he didn't get re-elected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqQn1_x5C3I

Another good guy in Washington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjOn5TgF2Y

Wow... this thread is quite civil.....

It doesn't matter if we're right leaning or left leaning... it appears that we agree that we are heading down the wrong path.... in a few years China will be looking at us in their rear view mirror... and if the PBS commentators are correct, by mid century so will India....

Maybe keeping us separated into opposing camps is what the game plan is....

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I like this guy. Too bad he didn't get re-elected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqQn1_x5C3I

Another good guy in Washington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjOn5TgF2Y
    Those are two of the good ones. At least they know how to speak forcefully and enunciate their positions. nObama belongs back in classroom.

Wow... this thread is quite civil.....

It doesn't matter if we're right leaning or left leaning... it appears that we agree that we are heading down the wrong path.... in a few years China will be looking at us in their rear view mirror... and if the PBS commentators are correct, by mid century so will India....

Maybe keeping us separated into opposing camps is what the game plan is....
    You haven't heard me saying that? Separation and division IS one of the foundations of their plans. Has been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    If Palin gets the nomination, we're toast, because it would either mean that she will become president, or Obama will get a 2nd term.
    :
    johnsmith, Interesting thought. Maybe that is what the oligarchs, who pre-select our candidates, have in mind. I would bet my money on Obama in that case.

In the 2008 race, I watched the press fawning on Huckabee until Romney was run out of the race. Then, suddenly, the press turned on Huckabee and the almost defunct McCain campaign was turned around when the press started raving about the Maverick Come Back Kid. So we wound up with Obama and McCain although I think the big money would have been ok will Hillary too. I never did figure out why the big money didn't want Romney to run for President. Maybe the oligarchs didn't want to compete with Romney's religious loyalties. Just a wild guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Sarah Palin is boasting she can beat Obama in 012. What's scary is, that she could really end up POTUS.
    Maybe someone is out there who can beat Obama, but it ain't Palin. Besides she would have to take a pay cut if she were POTUS. What you have in her is a female version of George W Bush. Palin is right where she needs to be, behind the scenes trying to insert herself into various races. She's a political entertainer plain and simple. Actually governing something would make her head explode.
    As you see she bailed from Alaska with a population less than the city of Detroit proper.

Let her stick to mobilizing her tea party base to call shows like dancing with the stars to keep her no-talent daughter in the competition until the finals.

Those are two of the good ones
    I also like Sen. Al Franken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVURyaA9UWY

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I also like Sen. Al Franken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVURyaA9UWY
    Damn. He draws a clear line between playing politics and solving real problems. The parasitic saboteurs in power are going to be targeting his ass for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast