Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Transportation from downtown to the airport?

Work is taking me out of town for a week. I have to be at the airport on Thursday [[12.02.10) at 6am. I don't want to drive, I'd like to avoid the parking rates if possible.

I live in New Center [[sorta).

Is there a bus that runs out to the airport from downtown-ish that early? Or, is my only option a cab?

You are in luck. SMART route 125 has a bus leaving downtown [[Woodward at Larned) at 4:16 a.m., arrives at Metro Airport at 5:28, or leave downtown at 4:56 arriving at Metro at 6:08, whichever works best for your schedule. Both those buses go to the McNamara terminal, but of course once you are in the airport the shuttles go wherever.

Fare is $2. Have a nice trip!

Professor Scott

Thanks, Professor!

I'll never drive again!