Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wilbur Wright School

Does anyone have any information/stories about the Wilbur Wright school? Photos from before it was closed? Anything you got.
    Attachment 1058

Thanks.
    Last edited by Lowell; May-07-09 at 10:16 PM.

What sort of stories/photos would you be interested in? I was a student there from 1962-1965. Most importantly, what will you be using such material for?

The building was the site of the original Detroit High School for the Fine and Performing Arts. We had such terrible building problems. It flooded whenever it rained. The dance studios would have huge bubbles in the floor making it too hazardous to dance in. I am very happy that there is a new building for that school.

Default Wilbur Wright

SH+B

I went to Wright in the mid fifties.

I myself would like to see more photos and hear more stories of the school. My Dad spoke highly of the place and will still do as it was when his friends attended in the 40's. I myself have only the one opinion of the place " Creepy as Hell". What a shame to let that and many other fine schools be destroyed.