Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dept of Homeland Security hangout

So I was back in the "D" in old neighborhood for Turkey day and deceided to take my kids down to Alter park to show them where Daddy spent some of his teen years back in the 70's/80's developing his cultural and social skills and while I was there other than the place being a complete ghost town with overgrown weeds and shrubery I noticed 3 white and green Dept of HLS patrol cars parked in the lot ajcient to where the old folks home used to stand [[accross the canal from the old trailer park). I didn't know Angel Park was such a security risk that it would warrent 3 vehicles parked in the bushes on the Weds before thanksgiving, or did I just stumble upon the best kept secret spot for coffee breaks or parking lot office parties....Other than that I noticed the canal water was the lowest I ever remember seeing it.

DHS = Dedicated Hangout Spot?

Maybe reports of folks running in from Canada to a "safe house' near the canal.

My brother lives on Harsen's Island and he said the water is lowest it has been since the 1930s.

Maybe Angel Park is coming back! Couple o' six packs of Rolling Rock, car stereos, and frisbees! Now to fix Ashland Bump the way it's supposed to be...

Paging Gannon.

Default Bluenote sounds Old Schoool

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenote132003 View Post
    Maybe Angel Park is coming back! Couple o' six packs of Rolling Rock, car stereos, and frisbees! Now to fix Ashland Bump the way it's supposed to be...
    Spoken like someone who knows the deal I've been told that frisbee's are
    multi-purpose items and should not be balanced on ones knees while traversing the Ashland Bump

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Paging Gannon.
    LOL.....I thought this was gonna be a Gannon thread. I love his ideas about stuff.

There might be a twelve-step program for you, Magnatomicflux.

DHS is like most well-funded police agencies. Over-staffed and under-worked. It is a dangerous combination. Worse since they are paramilitary trained and armed/armored.

Oh snap...

I likewise ran into the Border Patrol there three or four years ago, so maybe they should just get over the stealth part and build a post. Another location is on the mound at Fort Wayne. I spoke to them on both occasions and they were very pleasant. Later I figured they probably enjoy a bit of company on their lonely missions.

My concern with uniforms is that they might kick me out from whatever I am photographing, but they have no interest in what you are doing, their interest is in the river only.

Do you catch anything? Occasional smugglers of weed and illegal immigrants.

About two years ago, I was traversing the Detroit River from downriver to the Grosse Pointes during the course of a day. I was taking photos to document places [[Alter Park, Maheras Park, etc) and things [[Bob Lo Boats, GLEW, etc) for friends returning to Detroit in June 2009 for a reunion, after an absence of many years. As I was doing my downriver portion of the cruise, I noticed a police vehicle, I think it was Border Patrol. As I worked my way along the river during the course of the day, I saw the same vehicle and guy more than a few times, from downriver all the way to the eastside. I never spoke to the guy, but acknowledged him a couple times with a smile and wave. I don't know if he was following me. Why follow a harmless curmudgeon? But I found it interesting. Likely he was doing the same thing I was doing, but for his job. I wouldn't mind having his duties.

At least they weren't drinkin 40's!!!

Maybe they were passing a doobie . . .

Default Tax dollars at work

There was probably a combined income of 150k in those 3 cars, what a groovy gig!

Hey Gannon,

Since this is pre-written and probably off topic until I can hook up to Wi-Fi, I have a question to ask you.
    Considering your electronic expertise and general Governmental paranoia, what take do you have on the short and loud, 3 second long burst of beeps that come out of all of my electronic devices several, [[10), times a day ?
    This has been going on for at least five years now, and forty years ago, I might have chalked it up to Military Radar interference. But post 9-11, I wonder what might be the cause of this. And, [[hopefully not), am I the the only person to be aware of this in the Detroit area ?

I'm twenty miles West of the Selfridge ANG base and next to an Oakland Co. facility, if that is any help. Even when I pause a DVD, the beeps will still come out of the speakers. Also over the air radio and TV. I'm not paranoid, but just curious.
    Is this a Homeland Security issue ? Maybe an electronic communications audit from the Government ?, Alien E-mails ? : ) I'm off line from everything at home, thanks to the economy and corporate communication rates. Just give me a heads up on what might be causing this.

Thanks – BigB23, [[and a link please, to your reply by message).

Refresh the ground connection your electrical system has...it is VERY common for it to corrode over time.

That might lower it some.

Frankly, this is the domain of the FCC, they are supposed to keep this sort of interference at bay...no matter what.

We can experiment making a Faraday cage out of each room...or even the entire HOUSE...but it would take a few spools of wire and another grounding rod...and a good amount of time.

Faraday shielding basically sets up a three-dimensional ground...out of the usual 'plane'...that you can go into and be shielded from any RF emissions and transmissions. I'm about to try one in my new bedroom...because there is a steady low frequency sound here that I believe is related to the CIA mind-control they've installed throughout the electrical grid.

This is NOT paranoia, I am not afraid of anything...ever. It is not in my wiring. I am aware.

I KNOW they have installed devices which can cause the entire electrical grid to vibrate at certain frequencies which alter human behavior. I also know how to filter it out and get rid of it, but that is terribly expensive to do throughout an entire house...the Faraday cages...especially nested ones...might help.

But only if you break the National Electric Code and disconnect electricity from your house within these cages...because I believe there is a nefarious reason behind enforcing AC plugs every six feet apart. I know that was introduced to eliminate extension cords running everywhere...but the neutral leg is the culprit, as far as I know.

The electrical grid already vibrates at the eighth harmonic of the heartbeat of the Earth...which I believe is important for us to function fully as resonant beings with MORE than five senses. All of our senses, I believe, pick up and process ElectroMagnetic radiation...and the five senses have blatant other responses. But those are NOT all they do.

So...if the ground refreshing doesn't make a dent...file a formal complaint with the FCC and let's see what happens. This could make great copy for my new hifi magazine!

Cheers

There is considerable difference between Faraday cages and total shielding...so I'll have to perform some research to see what works. The stuff I understand about it all came to me in those odd New Moon cycle dreams of Tesla technology I was having in the four months leading up to ItsJeff's death.

A Faraday cage basically is made from running a wire along EVERY intersection of walls and the floor and the ceiling...as if you were making a box or rectangle of wire in the same shape as the room. NOTHING can be connected within these virtual boxes to outside antennas, including the electrical grid!

A completely Faraday-shielded room would require layers of expensive material on EVERY plane which makes up the rectangle of the average room...and we're talking sheeted lead, tin. copper, and/or mu-metal. Aluminum does little, which is why the joke of tinfoil hats is ridiculous because it is VERY tough to find real tinfoil. Aluminum took over that market, and all those hats worn by my contemporaries are decorative, at best! LOL

Cheers

I am basically going to make 'nested' cages...one around the bed, maybe one just outside of that...and then the perimeter of the room. This will be a test of my new relationship, I'm sure!

Remember, each of these cages has to be directly connected to ground at the NEW rod.

I KNOW they have installed devices which can cause the entire electrical grid to vibrate at certain frequencies which alter human behavior. I also know how to filter it out and get rid of it, but that is terribly expensive to do throughout an entire house...the Faraday cages...especially nested ones...might help.

I'm thinking it's just a local Ham radio, or repeater or something. Thanks for your answer though !

They still have to be within FCC regs.

Some of the Hams are pigs, though.

Bring down the hammer on 'em, because you DON'T know what this energy is doing to your health.

Default Wow

That was one heavy exchange of thoughts and ideas, now I know where the tonal freq in my ears come from.

what take do you have on the short and loud, 3 second long burst of beeps that come out of all of my electronic devices several, [[10), times a day ?
    Well, I don't know why you would hear it unless you have a problem in your system which could be a defective ground, but my guess would be your utility remotely reading your electric meter. They've been doing that in many places for several years. Cuts down on staffing costs by eliminating meter readers. Even if they still read yours manually they may have the system in place to monitor when outages occur. I know there are times when we call in an outage they will tell us they already know about it due to remote sensors.

I was just curious, that it was coming in through some kind of broadcast "signal". It would not surprise me if it was the Feds or Corporations checking up on private citizens.

I used to get similar interference sounds out of my computer speakers right before my cell phone would ring

This reminded me of that funny psychic dog story:
    An elderly lady phoned her telephone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right before the phone rang. The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile elderly lady.

He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the telephone began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
    2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
    3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.
    4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.
    5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

I just had a question.

Yesterday and today, I've seen a large unmarked armored personnel carrier, followed by a large red civilian pickup in North East Oakland county. This is not the white O.C. Sheriff's P.C., that I've seen during the Dream Cruise.
    It's quite longer than, and half as high, as a large commercial step van. Rectangular in shape, fully enclosed, black on black camo, with two small rectangular windows in back. I'm just wondering if anybody else has seen this, and who it belongs to.
    Is it somebody's military surplus toy ? Homeland security ? Homemade in a pole barn ? The fact that it has an unmarked red pickup following it around both times that I've seen it is puzzling.

Just a strange sight on the roads of O.C. - hope you can help !

P.S. Longer and no hood or ram, like the Macomb vehicle on the local noon news.