Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Wreckless driving video on 1-94 in Detroit/Dearborn

If they're wreckless, what's the problem?

I mean it's not like they're having wrecks or anything.

This reminds me of the group of kids on motorcycles that I saw flying up I-75 a few times over the summer. They had to be doing 120+ riding in between cars. Really scary and dangerous. I called the state police and they said they know all about these guys.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    If they're wreckless, what's the problem?

I mean it's not like they're having wrecks or anything.
    Honestly, What Gives?
    It's like "driving under the influence." If the driver has not met, or exceeded, the threshold of "influence," everything should oughtta be OK, I reckon.

Am I the only one that was kinda hoping that one of them were gonna lose it? Total disregard for the other people on the road. Whatever.

That's no ordinary wreckless driver, it's Camilo Pardo, trendy Detroit loft resident and the guy who happened to design the car. Here's a quick profile.

http://www.vodcars.com/garage419/epi...ardo-garage419

That's no ordinary wreckless driver,
    Again, if he's wreckless, there's no problem. That means he's not having wrecks or causing others to have wrecks.

Now if he's reckless, that's another matter.

well, i think their a couple of dumbasses putting peoples lives in danger.

These guys are amateurs…..now if they would have done in through the streets of Detroit at 5 am on a Sunday to minimize problems then I might be impressed. You want to see someone with balls check this video out…it’s from the 60s but still gets me. I think he blew through 16 red lights, almost nailed a few pedestrians and cars….but it is dramatic. Done with a Ferrari…in Paris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSyEarRAKo
    Last edited by Searay215; November-30-10 at 09:05 AM.

if its no secret who these people are, why isn't something being done?

camilio has wrecked a couple gts......

I love the English professors on this site.

The roads look terrible.. and that ramp, the worst!

Jimbo: Videotaping this crime spree is the best idea we ever had!

I wonder if grandpa will ever flip off his turn signal?

A couple of years ago I stumbled into Camilo Pardo's loft on Woodward...I had had a few...how I gained access I still don't know. At the time I didn't know who he was...and when introduced, he seemed totally down to earth. Any way...that's all I got.

I'll have to watch it more thoroughly again, but I fail to see where they endangered anyone. Their cars were always under absolute control, and both vehicles were being piloted by people who know how to drive at those speeds.

I do not see anyone cut off...nor hear ANY screeching of tires.

I used to play tag with Camillo once and again, whenever we crossed paths when I was driving that Audi A4 Avant. He was always surprised what that thing could do, keeping up with him until the straightaways.

The people endangering others are those meandering along in the passing lane for no reason...that seems to happen a lot in this video. In Europe? People would SEE those enthusiasts approaching and KNOW to get the hell out of the way.

I do NOT feel the same about those motorcycle drivers who snake through traffic and split lanes. They should get Belle Isle for a few hours every week to rage around...and we should turn that expanse of concrete into a gymkhana track.

Go Camillo, Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Done with a Ferrari…in Paris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSyEarRAKo
    It's from the 70's, and I'm pretty sure it was a Mercedes SEL. Done in the early morning on Sunday, though.

The notes always said Ferrari Dino. We watched it in a high school French class back in 1979, in a parochial school! Very inspiring. Got me to try to get on each F1 course through downtown in the 80s...I always succeeded!

http://www.jerrykindall.com/2005/11/...rendezvous.asp

Ferrari 275 GTB, I don't think Mercedes EVER had anything that sounded like that...

Geez, just read that page 'til the end. It MIGHT'VE been a Mercedes, with the audio dubbed. Seems like a TON of work...for a short film.

lincoln8740 Guest

bull run 2006--- old video
    They gave him some shit on WXYZ but nothing came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    This reminds me of the group of kids on motorcycles that I saw flying up I-75 a few times over the summer. They had to be doing 120+ riding in between cars. Really scary and dangerous. I called the state police and they said they know all about these guys.
    Hospitals like to call them "donor-cycles"... good way to get donated body organs..... and as that one commedian likes to say "it's time to cull the herd".....

Ray1936, what's your take on that video?
    I just hope those two idiots don't breed.

If that happened in front of you when you were 'on the job', what would you have done?
    I'd of taken them both for reckless driving.

How much is that ticket?
    Not a ticket, arrested under the state misdemeanor statute. To court the next morning.

Well, your colleagues are using Ford Fairlane 500s now; you were using Plymouth Furys. Do you think your Plymouth could overtake them?
    Probably not, but they can't out-run my radio.

Guy up above says they weren't endangering anyone; their cars were under control.
    Maybe so, but had one driver ahead of them mis-judged their excessive speed and changed lanes in front of them, it would have been a brutal wreck; one they wouldn't be able to avoid.

Any advice for Camilo Pardo?
    Stay the fuck out of Nevada, huh?
    Last edited by Ray1936; November-30-10 at 05:01 PM.

I like Camilo, he seems cool, but, damn Ray, that was awesome!!

Stromberg2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast