Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Christmas present for Mrs. Ray1936

Marge had to have her pet cat of 17 years put away last Spring due to the old guy's health problems. His name was Amos. So Christmas came early for her when I picked up this guy at a no-kill animal shelter. His name is......Andy. Gave him to the Missus last Friday, and it was love at first sight.

Ooh, he is lovely! Looks like my Buster, and he was a case of love at first sight, too. Wonderful cat went to the Happy Hunting Grounds at 16. I am sure he and Amos are having fun in Mouse Hell.

awwwwww..very cute

Welcome Andy! My cats send purrs and brips.

What a sweet kitten, Ray! He is adorable. Just stopped by a friend's who got a new little kitten a couple of days ago..."Emmy" Makes me wish I could have a cat...but my allergist says I shouldn't get within 10 miles of one...LOL Best wishes to you both!

Thanks, all! He is just a barrel of laughs so far. And for as much as he likes to eat, he's not going to be small very long!

THANK YOU for getting a pet from a shelter, rather than opting for the high priced fancy breeds or over priced pet shop animals. The best pets we've ever owned came from the local humane society or were strays we couldn't find the owner for.

Hi, grumpy. Long time no seee! Yeah, he's fine, and he just got a clean bill of health from the vet. He's too young to get his shots; that will come in a month. And then five months down the line, he'll be neutered. Meanwhile, he's taken to his new home like an old-timer. And it still amazes me how easily cats take to their litter box. One big plus over having a puppy!

I agree that the best pets are the ones that come from shelters. Had to do some driving around town yesterday and saw so many homeless dogs. Broke my heart.

Very cute. Has he trained his staff yet?

Very cute Ray! He looks like trouble lol!

Way to go getting him from a shelter, that's where I got my cat Bosco, or Boscorelli when he's being bad! Another, Puppet... was off the street in the winter...jumped right in my car freezing her butt off, how do you turn that down? And only one came from a litter, her name is Lulu. 1 boy, two girls.....he's lovin' it.

Congrats!

Best wishes to You, Mrs Ray, and Andy.And an early Merry Christmas to you.

Awwww - how sweet is that face!

I've sorta been playin' around with the idea of adopting a kitten - but we have a bird and I think things could get pretty hairy/feathery around here if I brought a cat in...Sylvester and Tweety come to mind.

Merry Christmas to you, Marge and Andy!

Thanks, Erie, and likewise.