Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

I was a bit taken aback by the comment of Moe on Detroit, comparing us to a Mad Max scenario.

If they were talking about betting on animals, Moe should have said,
    "Yeah kid, bet against the Lions.

Isn't one of the writers from Michigan so that is where that spin came from?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I was a bit taken aback by the comment of Moe on Detroit, comparing us to a Mad Max scenario.

If they were talking about betting on animals, Moe should have said,
    "Yeah kid, bet against the Lions.

Isn't one of the writers from Michigan so that is where that spin came from?
    There have been numerous writers since the show's inception, some of whom are from the area.

Over the years, Detroit has been a frequent reference [[and target) on the show. Al Jean is from Detroit, I believe a former writer, and current executive producer.

I was surprised when this reference was made, though my impression was that it was a tongue-in-cheek knock against Time and the glut of media attention Detroit has received over the past couple of years. You gotta figure that episode was written at the apex of it, about six months ago.

Mr. Houdini Guest

I don't think Detroit looks like Mad Max at all. Mad Max was in the desert. It was hot and sunny there.

Detroit is more cold, damp and gray. More like the movie "Enemy at the Gates".

I could have sworn this was shot on I-94

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86...-sp_shortfilms

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Houdini View Post
    I don't think Detroit looks like Mad Max at all. Mad Max was in the desert. It was hot and sunny there.

That was the Road Warrior. Mad Max had alot of scenes filmed in Melbourne. Trust me, it was pretty damn hot and sunny here this summer.

If I remember correctly the Executive Producer is from Detroit.

As I stated earlier, Bart was right but sadly so was Moe.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    If I remember correctly the Executive Producer is from Detroit.

As I stated earlier, Bart was right but sadly so was Moe.
    And you know Detroit's bad if even sleazy Moe thinks so.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    And you know Detroit's bad if even sleazy Moe thinks so.
    that's why it's called MoeTown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Houdini View Post

Maybe we should call it "The Chechnya of the Midwest" lol