Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 1969 Address Needed

I am looking for an address where my Grandfather lived in 1969.
    His name was Charles Klegon [[with Mary) and they lived on Lauder in Detroit.
    I am trying to find the exact address so I can pin-point the house.
    Can anyone help me locate the address?
    Thanks much for your help.

Burton Historical Collection at the Main Detroit Public Library branch. I think other cities like dearborn also have Detroit historic directories.

DetroitHabitater: Good point. The open stacks at the Burton Collection are a great resource.

But I think he wants the information without having to go to a library. And usually people on here are happy to oblige.

But still, people: Go to the library, OK? You get the answer to your question, and encounter all sorts of OTHER stuff to get curious about as well. Just sayin' ...

Thanks .. I would love to go to the library ...but I am in Chicago now ...

Chicago probably has city Detroit directories on microfilm. Ask and ye shall receive.

Call the Main Branch and ask if they could look that up for you. I've done that on a couple of occasions and they were glad to oblige.

I can see the holiday spirit has infected the DetroitYes! forum.

I have a 1953 Detroit City Directory [Polk] that places them at 17144 Pennington Drive. Charles is also listed as Secretary of Huler Abattoirs Inc on 4079 Demming that has Robert Huler as president and Bert Huler as VP.

I searched on his name with the on-line Wayne County Register of Deeds.
    http://www.waynecountylandrecords.co...archEntry.aspx

It turned up three deeds and a lien from a bank from '64 through '69, but for some reason the address and legal description aren't showing. I'm not sure if that's because they haven't been entered, or because there's something wrong with my browser/java set-up. I was able to get an address for another name the last time I searched a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock7 View Post
    I searched on his name with the on-line Wayne County Register of Deeds.
    http://www.waynecountylandrecords.co...archEntry.aspx

It turned up three deeds and a lien from a bank from '64 through '69, but for some reason the address and legal description aren't showing. I'm not sure if that's because they haven't been entered, or because there's something wrong with my browser/java set-up. I was able to get an address for another name the last time I searched a few months ago.
    I'm not getting an address either.

A 1962 Detroit phone book lists:

C H Klegon
    19495 Lauder
    BR 3-9074

I was poking around on that deed site. When I looked up my own deed, it came up fine [[purchased in 2006). Any of the old deeds [[I found my grandparents deeds from the 60's and 70's) said "freeform." That makes me think maybe they were handwritten/typed deeds that they did not copy the details of into the new system.

I need an address circa 1950-1970 for Regina A Centala. I found three deeds in the Wayne Co. property search, but no address listed. Any help would be appreciated. Not in the area, so I can't hit up the DPL

Thanks everyone .. this is great info ... address and past info as well ....
    Outstanding !!

Thanks, Karen, for asking about my mom's Aunt Regina in this thread. We're looking for old address books, etc but nobody seems to be able to find out anything [[yet). I'm fairly certain she lived on Patton, maybe near 7 Mile Rd. I think she moved to Mackinaw City around 1973[[?).

Regina retired from Turnstedt-GM in 1969. I'm wondering where she worked for them until then if the original building burned down ca. 1950. I know she didn't go to Flint.

1961:

Regina A. Centala
    14129 Mendota
    WE5-8195

Ternstedt was on W Fort at Livernois.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    1961:

Regina A. Centala
    14129 Mendota
    WE5-8195

Ternstedt was on W Fort at Livernois.
    Thanks MikeM!