Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    woodwardboy Guest

Default Thank you Wikileaks

Ah yes... the pen is mighter than the sword. How true this statement is today. We have the entire American diplomatic corps running around in sheer panic today because of one mans actions.
    Peaceful, non-violent protest is the way to expose corruption and crimes in governments.

Take your time people, examine all these documents, think about the wasted tax dollars we have spent only in the last 4 years supporting idiots of the world.

You want to know why cities like Detroit are a mess? Read these documents, fine wines, whores, houses and money to dictators like Qaddafi, King Abdullah, and Abbass. The Israelis also take part in plundering the American tax payer too.

How can you as Joe citizen stop this mess?

Easy, vote NO on ANY tax millage.

I have no love for Julian Asssange and trust me...he's going to end up in jail before too long. he's pretty much a dead man walking. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a plan in place to take him out or scare him a bit. I hope they are watching him and listening to every word he says on the phone and online. Leaking war data is one thing, but fucking with diplomatic relations is another ballgame.

DoS is going to find the asshat who leaked those cables and their life will be over as they know it. Loose lips sink ships.
    Last edited by Patrick; November-28-10 at 06:58 PM.

Supposedly over a million pages of text were released today. Let's see, if I read one every minute it would take me........aw, never mind.

woodwardboy Guest

There is no excuse why Detroit or any other American city is broke today. The Federal government has wasted hundreds of billions of dollars greasing the hands of dictators around the world.
    Go ahead,
    Read the waste:
    http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/index.html

Whether we like it or not, the truth about our country and government will be exposed. We are going to find out what really has been going on.

Detroitnerd started a thread about this recently but didn't get much response. I expect he'll chime in here with some interesting observations since he's apparently been studying the issue for awhile.

What I find interesting is that this seems to be the mirror image of the issue of privacy rights of individual U.S. citizens.

It's widely assumed that individual U.S. citizens cannot be legally spied upon by their government without warrant. [[Whether or not that happens anyway is another matter.)

What we seem to have here is the mirror image of that: the [[presumed) private/secret information of the government is being exposed to the public.

As I understand it, in the United States, this privacy/secrecy is uniquely not a symmetric relationship between the government and the governed. In fact it is deliberately asymmetric.

This could become very interesting.

woodwardboy Guest

Nice to see our taxes are going for American diplomats to spy on drunk Dagestani peoples at a wedding. Also, notice the language about Jews and Gypies... nice added touch.

13. [[C) After a couple of hours Dalgat€™s convoy returned with
    Aida, horns honking. Dalgat and Aida got out of the Rolls
    and were serenaded into the hall, and into the Makhachev
    family, by a boys€™ chorus lining both sides of the red
    carpet, dressed in costumes aping medieval Dagestani armor
    with little shields and swords. The couple€™s entry was the
    signal for the emcee to roll into high gear, and after a few
    toasts the Piter €œgypsies€ began their performance. [[The
    next day one of Gadzhi€™s houseguests sneered, €œSome gypsies!
    The bandleader was certainly Jewish, and the rest of them
    were blonde.€ There was some truth to this, but at least the
    two dancing girls appeared to be Roma.)

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/cable/2009/02/09BISHKEK135.html

I'm all for transparency.

Publish the schittt!!!

woodwardboy Guest

Hillary orders Department of State to spy on the United Nations, including gathering "biometric" data on U.N. leaders. Also admits the intelligence community relies on information obtained by state. What a revelation... Department of State admits it actually spies.

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/cable...TATE80163.html

gdogslim Guest

So almost all sides of the federal government are corrupt backroom dealers.
    Obama should be ecstatic about Wikileaks. Per Obama: "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this Presidency"

You people wouldn't enjoy your standard ofliving if it wasn't for some of these backroom deals. Diplomacy is what it is and by living in a bubble you will not get or do what is needed to continue your lifestyle.

I don't like it either and I think some of it is pure crap but for the most part....this is life.

woodwardboy Guest

President Teddy Roosevelt said it best.. "Speak softly but carry a big stick."

All this running around in the world the U.S. does is nothing but a waste of time and money.

The State Department should have learned a lesson of what happens to what you write after Kwame's experiences.

wait...write or right? YOUR [[yes I know you're) welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Whether we like it or not, the truth about our country and government will be exposed. We are going to find out what really has been going on.
    Your statement makes it sound like some of us don't already know. Or, at the very least we've had a pretty damn good idea. Maybe not the very specifics but certainly the bigger pcture. There's very little in Wiki leaks that will startle anyone who has actually read, conversed, debated, studied and watched our government, or for that matter, any government, over the last 50 years, more or less. The difference between our government, which is called a democracy, and many other governments called many other names, is that we have a formalized system of laws to be contravened by those with power, ie; politicians, corporations and the rich. Those who have the money. The difference between Afghanistan and the US? They bribe. We market and lobby.

woodwardboy Guest

Here's a pic of Qadhafi's whore, Galyna Kolotnytska. The U.S. government paid good money and time to better "understand" this girl. I understand why the CIA would rather track her than Bin Laden

Yeah, I had asked before what revelations they had discovered thanks to Wikileaks. I was a little more interested in the tortures, death squads, extrajudicial killings and other stuff. But, naturally, Galyna Kolotnytska is going to get some play too. Whoa ...

Cheating, conniving politicians are all in a tizzy because of Wiki leaks. They think it's just terrible this stuff is coming out. WTF, it's not like we're hearing anything new. This is the stuff politicians are made of. If you hadn't been lieing to us for our entire lifetimes we might be surprised. You'd have us believe these revelations, as Tom Tomorrow would say,"will end life as we know it". Hardly.

"US diplomats have reported startling suspicions that Silvio Berlusconi could be "profiting personally and handsomely" from secret deals with the Russian prime minister, Vladimir Putin, according to cables released by WikiLeaks..."

A gov. official profiting from his position? What is the world coming to?

"...Afghan President Hamid Karzai has reportedly been described as "extremely weak" and his brother as a corrupt drugs trafficker, according to leaked US diplomatic extracts published today..."

I'm shocked.

"..A. series of classified US memos depict the French president as a self-absorbed, thin-skinned, erratic character who tyrannises his ministers and staff..."

Now there's some big news.

And here's some interesting news from Libya which does not feature Qadaffi's "nurse".
    http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/arc...n-wikileaks_r/

"... The Atlantic's Max Fisher had a must-read scoop from this weekend about a once-secret deal to remove highly enriched uranium that very nearly went sour. He details the never-before-released news that the U.S. government had negotiated a highly sensitive deal with Libya last November to remove the uranium to Russia, but that Libya stopped the deal at the last moment, leaving several casks of the materials under light guard for a month while American and Russian negotiators frantically worked to get the shipment back on track while securing the uranium..."
    Last edited by maxx; December-02-10 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwardboy View Post
    Here's a pic of Qadhafi's whore, Galyna Kolotnytska. The U.S. government paid good money and time to better "understand" this girl. I understand why the CIA would rather track her than Bin Laden
    That woman is beautiful, but it isn't Galyna.

Eh.

http://www.redragonline.com/2010/11/...lotnytska.html

While Eric Holder is trying to figure out how to prosecute Julian Asssange and Mike Huckabee is talking about executing him, Ron Paul came out in support of Julian Asssange. Paul pointed out that since Assange is an Australian civilian, out government can't accuse him of treason. Besides, why is it legal for the NY Times to publish Wikileaks if the content is treasonous?

"In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, we are in big trouble." -Ron Paul

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1771EX7dd

In addition to several companies that have pulled Wikileaks from their severs and now Pay Pal has announced that they [[Wikileaks) can no longer get donations send via Pay Pal.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0415723720101204

I guess not everyone thinks Wikileaks is on the straight and narrow. Most of what they published is not even of an real importance. Another flash in the pan..... As for government secrets, its not like this just started, this has been going on since the the begining of time and now its a big deal? Why isn't he leaking any information about his own country? Its not like any country is free of these type of secrets.

As for WikiLeaks itself, if they profess tranparency and openess then why is there no way to contact them on their web site, no emaill address other than for people wanting to leak info, nor is there any kind of comment section to let them know how you feel. Not even a link to the webmaster? Just sayin!!!

Yeah, it seems a lot of folks want him dead all of a sudden. He seems to have touched a raw nerve. Even Tom Flanagan; our prime minister's advisor called for his assassination. He apologized for this the following day but this whole thing is very touchy for everybody in the diplomatic world. It provides unofficial views on countries and administrations from the diplomatic corps. We are so used to the sanitized versions given by media. It is probably a historic first to have access to so many messages on so many subjects.

I guess not everyone thinks Wikileaks is on the straight and narrow
    These companies are running scared and are probably being threatened by various governments. Most of them are politically vulnerable. PayPal has faced possible U.S. intervention in their operations for years. A few well placed calls by Meg Whitman and her co-horts could bring down a world of hurt on them if they don't play by the rules being forced on them.

Same with the overseas sex misconduct charge. All smoke and mirrors but it's being forced as a way to shut him down.

We are so used to the sanitized versions given by media. It is probably a historic first to have access to so many messages on so many subjects.
    But it won't be the end no matter what happens to him. There's already speculation that the flood gates are opened and the rules have changed forever and that many more sites like this will spring up before long.

Also we all know that once it's on the web, it's on the web for good. You can't ever really get anything completely off the web given the multitudes of redundancies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast