Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Unemployment Extension

http://worldnewsvine.com/2010/11/une...se-out-begins/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...extension.html

Republicans blocked the Unemployment Extension in the House in a fast-track vote.

Who thinks there going to use some bargaining technique [[i.e. tax cuts for the rich for unemployment extension)?

To the unemployed, my best wishes to you. Hopefully Congress will act quickly and not turn their backs on you, especially in the holiday season.

Blarf Guest

What a bunch of a assholes. Fuck them.

The Republicans in Congress would rather bankrupt American citizens than let it look like they're helping Obama. Such loathsome pieces of shit, may they roast in hell.

The Republicans can't hear you while they worship idols of Milton, Ayn, and Horatio Alger....

And the dems are too timid to be of any help.

99 weekers are not on the list for this extension . I just reached 99 weeks , so in a way those who have not reached 99 weeks yet , this is a bit unfair . If your going to put a cap for some , let the others have the same amount of weeks . I'm grateful for the 99 weeks , but really pissed off that they should be talking about the unfair trade balance , where it is currently ok for anyone to put as much as they want into our country while limiting what we put into theirs . One example out of many is South Korea putting 750,000 cars into our market while allowing less than 6500 into their market , and this is only one country one product . Their our allies ? lol !
    How do you say eat crap and die in South Korean ?

"How do you say eat crap and die in South Korean ? "

I don't know, but why we still have US troops in that god-forsaken peninsula has been beyond me for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post

you beat me to the punch blarf

woodwardboy Guest

The Federal government has billions to waste around the world, both Democrates and Republicans equally wasted tax payer monies:
    http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/index.html

I first heard Ron Glotta on the radio this morning. His message struck all the right chords with me. He referred listeners to his website: TheRoadToHellOnline.com. [[Controls to mute the sound are in the lower left corner of the webpage.)

Glotta's not likely to get any exposure from the corrupt corporate media and he knows it. Hence the website.
    Like so many that care about their country, Ronald D. Glotta believes that America is on the wrong road. But he is clear: we’re not meandering down the road, we’re being driven by powerful forces that clearly want to take us there. In The Road to Hell Is Not Paved With Good Intentions, he outlines the reasons we are on that road, and gives some clear prescriptions for progressives who want to have a real impact on the direction of this country and the world.

Attachment 7898
    The Road to Hell is NOT Paved With Good Intentions

I know Ron. He'll be pleased to hear he's being heard.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    You go, oldredfordette. Respect. As always.

The articles are both wrong and idiotic.

wrong-
    The federal government is not preventing states from extending their unemployment compensation so there is nothing preventing the extension of unemployment benefits. Unemployment compensation is a power delegated to states by default since the federal government has no such delegated power [[see 10th Amendment). If states want to extend their unemployment compensation programs they are free to do so. The argument could be made, however, that Republicans at the state level are heartless for not extending unemployment benefits.

idiotic-
    As far as I know, Democrats still control both houses of Congress. Maybe there is some sort of delaying tactic Republicans can employ to retard Congress from sending whatever it wishes to the President but Democrats should have thought of that earlier- and no doubt did. 10th Amendment aside, once the new House of Representatives is installed, Democrats will be able to blame Republican House members for voting down such legislation. For now, Democrats should, for once, assume some responsibility.

woodwardboy Guest

Both parties are to blame.. both are spending money spying on the United Nations, attending wild parties in Dagestan, giving money to dictators around the world, and seem more concerned what blond whore Qaddafi is sleeping with now.

And the dems are too timid to be of any help.
    This is the key to the whole mess. An unprecendented majority, a popular president and not so much as an end to DADT, closure of Guantanamo, winding down a war or two, [[real) foreclosure assistance, unemployment benefits extensions, bankruptcy assistance, nor anything else that might seriously impact and help middle and lower class Americans - or the rest of the world for that matter. I haven't been a demican for years. I was rethinking that a couple of years ago. Whatta joke. I was momentarily delirious. Demicans [[the party, not all of the people who identify themselves as such) don't have the *+#ls god gave a chipmunk. I listened again to Micheal Moore's 'Dude, Where's My Country' on CD. It was written before the 2004 election. You all oughtta listen to the chapter about the demicans and their lack of watchamacallits. Moore was right smack on the money. Demicans are lost. The republicrats are doing what any criminal bully would do in a similar situation - having their way as demicans find places to hide. Obama is just another deer lost in the headlights.

Ron, is one of those lifelong activists who've spoken out at every opportunity for decades and he's been in the middle of it all. Thank g-+ for Ron Glotta. He's given his life to good causes. I hold him in the same reverence as our dearly departed Ken Cockrel [[senior) and Justin Ravitz.

And I heard last night on 60 Minutes, that we have spent 9 Billion dollars in Afghanistan on training the Police force, and they still look like a bunch of yahoos that make Barney Fife look good. Our politicians just look out for themselves and the elite. Why can't we get our priorities straight ?

Trust me, the media hasn't even begun to see all the wasteful spending and fucked up acquisition planning used in Afghanistan. Iraq was bad but Afghanistan will prove to be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Trust me, the media hasn't even begun to see all the wasteful spending and fucked up acquisition planning used in Afghanistan. Iraq was bad but Afghanistan will prove to be much worse.
    I don't trust you. I don't even know you. But on this one, you are absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    And I heard last night on 60 Minutes, that we have spent 9 Billion dollars in Afghanistan on training the Police force, and they still look like a bunch of yahoos that make Barney Fife look good. Our politicians just look out for themselves and the elite. Why can't we get our priorities straight ?
    And your numbers don't include Billions for Iraq and Billions more for Pakistan, which is seriouly straddling the fence between our Billions and Al Queada and the Taliban, while eyeballing a NU CUE LAR war with India. Man, we can always figure a way to give Billions to foreign countries and terrorists, but have difficulty taking care of our own.

Republicans blocked the Unemployment Extension in the House in a fast-track vote.
    Such loathsome pieces of shit, may they roast in hell.
    Lawmakers voted 258-154 to extend the jobless benefits, falling short of the two-thirds majority needed to pass the fast-track measure. Eleven Democrats and 143 Republicans were among those voting no.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,890020.story
    What about those 11 Democrats? Any comments?

Does anyone have a breakdown of the pork and unrelated projects and typical B.S. that was packed into this bill in addition to the unemployment benefit extention? Let's get real. It would not surprise me if there were some fifteen million dollar studies on the mating habits of fruit flies in Indonesia .... or the study of how ant tunnels are dug through elephant dung in Zimbabwe.....

It's time for stand-alone bills that are not laden with billions of dollars of bullshit.
    I am sick and tired of bills like this that are full of crap....
    ... tack on garbage to an unemployment benefit extention bill, and then shoot it down and you hear "OH MY GOD THE UNEMPLOYED ARE GOING TO STARVE AND DIE... DONT YOU CARE ABOUT AMERICANS WHO CANT FIND JOBS"
    ...tack on garbage to a defense bill, and then shoot it down and year year "OH MY GOD THE AMERICAN SOLDIERS ARE GOING TO BE UNEQUIPPED AND DIE... DONT YOU CARE ABOUT SUPPORTING THE TROOPS"

.... catch my drift?

----------------
    and FOR THE RECORD, I do not oppose unemployment benefit extention, as long as people can prove they are looking for work while they are collecting.

I was unemployed for 7 months in 2009. I exhausted the majority of my life's savings before I finally found work. I applied at hundreds of places before finding a job. Previously in my life, I had never been out of work for more than a few weeks. Times are hard, Jobs are rare, and I know this. Extra-ordinary times call for extra-ordinary measures.

But let's help the people in need and stop attatching billions of dollars of bullshit we DONT NEED to bills.
    If we have to sacrifice and watch every nickel we spend, then so should the Government.

''and FOR THE RECORD, I do not oppose unemployment benefit extention, as long as people can prove they are looking for work while they are collecting. ''
    When the State benefits run out [[26 weeks and a 13 week extension) and the Federal benefits kick in , you have to either mail in or go to UIA online and enter 3 places you've applied at per week .
    When you have 8 people out of work for every available job its like hitting the lottery to snag a job .
    I've just reached 99 weeks and for that I'm very grateful , add in my age of 61 and I'm betting that 1 job for every 8 that needs a job is greater for myself . I realize they can't pay us forever , but I see the Government doing nothing about the unfair trade balance which is partially to blame for our lost jobs .

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    ''and FOR THE RECORD, I do not oppose unemployment benefit extention, as long as people can prove they are looking for work while they are collecting.
    It seems everyone opposing unemployment benefits says the same things. Prove you're looking for work. Document work search. Do this, do that. Blah, blah, blah. I did it all for a couple of years. All of the hoops jumping. Thousands of online apps, as well as walk in apps. Interviews, interviews. At 61, I'm so unlikely to ever get another job as to be absurd. What about college grads? They'll be waiting tables for years. There are very few jobs. Jobs available will not pay rent, a mortgage note, a car payment, much less medical coverage or anything else. When politicians and corporations fail us, we deserve compensation. All I ever did was work, pay bills, save and invest - 45 years worth. My property is seriously devalued. Banks won't lend money, even for equity, if you don't have a job. Retirement savings have been devastated by the markets. I'm one accident or diagnoses from bankruptcy. This is a democracy? And, for most part, I have it very good. Look at all the foreclosures - the bankruptcies. This is not a partisan issue - it's an issue of who controls the microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    It seems everyone opposing unemployment benefits says the same things. Prove you're looking for work. Document work search. Do this, do that. Blah, blah, blah. I did it all for a couple of years. All of the hoops jumping. Thousands of online apps, as well as walk in apps. Interviews, interviews. At 61, I'm so unlikely to ever get another job as to be absurd. What about college grads? They'll be waiting tables for years. There are very few jobs. Jobs available will not pay rent, a mortgage note, a car payment, much less medical coverage or anything else. When politicians and corporations fail us, we deserve compensation. All I ever did was work, pay bills, save and invest - 45 years worth. My property is seriously devalued. Banks won't lend money, even for equity, if you don't have a job. Retirement savings have been devastated by the markets. I'm one accident or diagnoses from bankruptcy. This is a democracy? And, for most part, I have it very good. Look at all the foreclosures - the bankruptcies. This is not a partisan issue - it's an issue of who controls the microphone.
    Why doesn't it cheer me up more to be in good company?

See: The thread, "Audit the rich". Everybody brings up the subject of "Pork" and reining in Social programs for the lower middle class on down for this. I hate seeing these corporate mega farms and second homes getting these subsidies.
    http://www.nypress.com/article-21342-the-making-of-manhattans-elite-welfare-farmers.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast