Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default meteor over hines drive

Driving home late last [[Thanksgiving) night along Edward Hines drive I saw what a think was a fairly intense meteor in the eastern sky. Did anyone else see it?

ufo or too much hard cider.
    BTW how could you see anything in the rain? good eyes you must have.
    Last edited by Lt. Dan Bassett; November-26-10 at 07:51 PM.

What you saw was the annual Christmas light display on Hines Dr. They do look like meteors after a few cocktails, I can attest to that.

The Leonid meteor shower just occured. Some could have shot a flare or a firework into the air. If it was cloudy then probably was a firework.
    On New Years a couple years ago, there was an intense thunderstorm moving through the metro area at midnight. I believe that someone shot a firework into the area that triggered lightning from cloud to cloud. The flash from the lightning was so brilliant that it scared me and then there was a series of red and green flashes that lasted about a second and half. Fireworks? Probably. It was really spooky. Never seen anything like it in my life and I never pass up the chance to watch a wicked storm. I've even seen ball lightning in Florida.