Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Things to be thankful for here in Detroit

with this being a day to give thanks, I decided to start a thread about some things we are thankful for here in the city and region. Now this is meant to be positive, so please try to limit the negativity. I'll start.

I'm thankful Lions football every thanksgiving [[despite the losing) I'm also thankful for the fact that Detroit has a mayor with integrity, even if I don't always agree with him. I'm also thankful Midtown, and southwest Detroit seems to be catalysts in Detroit's turnaround !

Ford Motor Company

Grateful for Fords too, in many ways.

But um, not that Ford guy who owns the Lions. Please call Mr. Illitch.

Grateful that we have a state of such great beauty to enjoy and talented individuals who stay here rather than move to LA

As a Ford salaried early retiree, I'm grateful Ford didn't have to go the Chapter 11 route. I'm also thankful there are locals who aren't blowing out of town but are sticking it out, and that talented individuals [[e.g., Mulally) are willing to come to town to help fix things.

I'm thankful for the Red Wings [[positive) because the Lions are, well......the Lions [[negative).

the rich music, arts, and culture scene

Water. I'm thankful for our water.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkguy View Post
    Water. I'm thankful for our water.
    Send some. Please.

This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for Wayne State University!

I'm thankful for the fact that no one from the Palin clan lives in Detroit.

Blarf Guest

Thankful for people like Roger Penske and Pete Karmonos. Sure they have given generously to Kwame Kilpatrick in his time of need and legal trouble, but that's alright.