Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this sauce hard to find?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    SRIRACHA ALL THE WAY! It's good on *everything*

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Is this sauce hard to find?
    Kroger, Meijer, most other grocers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'm going to find and post the one that my girlfriend made a few months back with those Devil's Tongue peppers...I think it was originally an Emeril recipe that she 'improved'.

It is wicked good.

I love that the one Barnes posted was reverse-engineered...LOL. Pumpkin seeds...and apparently some Achiote Rojo, according to a comment on that page.

The Emeril recipe was for a vegetarian chili.

She ain't talking about her salsa ingredients and procedures!

Perhaps someone can help me reverse-engineer it?! LOL

Cheers

I was going to say - great band, incredible bass player [[although he aint too friendly)

LOL...read the article...the tagline is precious:
    ‘It's painful to eat... It's hot enough to strip paint.
    ‘It numbs your tongue, then burns all the way down. It can last an hour, and you just don't want to talk to anyone or do anything. But it's a marvellous endorphin rush. It makes you feel great.'

I guess this video is of the former record holder: Eating The Hottest Pepper in the World, The Bhut Jolokia [[Naga Ghost Chili)
    Jamie Kocher, CEO of the Waimea Bay Chili Pepper Company, and www.BambooandTikis.com, eats the largest and most spiciest part of the Bhut [[Naga/Ghost) Jolokia Chili Pepper and this old man almost dies.
    The Bhut Jolokia holds the Guinness Book of World Record's title as the hottest pepper. Jamie personally grows these peppers organically in Hawaii. For hours he writhes in the burning pain from the back heat of the world's hottest pepper.

To purchase organic seeds or learn more about the chili pepper health benefits, or how to grow them please visit

http://www.TheHottestPepper.com

I use Cholula, Valentina, Crystal, Trappey's Red Devil, and my favorite, Melinda's XXXX.

I think Detroit Sauce Co makes a damn tasty Habanero Sauce. Tiger sauce is really good, too. There are so many good ones out there. Gannon, I grew Devil's Tongue one year.....that's a hot fucking pepper, but it looks cool!

Stromberg2

The Fly Trap eatery in Ferndale prepares hot sauce on site, and sells its brand in Holiday market in Royal Oak.

Weee! I found the SRIRACHA hot sauce. GREAT! It adapts well to what ever you put it on! Simple formula based off sun ripened chilies, vinegar, garlic not much else! Nice slightly thick sauce as they go. Hot but not ghastly bitter hot as some sauces are.

Pretty funny plastic squeeze bottle with all the writing, sorta reminds me of the Bronners liquid castile soap bottles... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

I clicked the video link for the Bhut Jolokia [[Naga Ghost Chili), and on the side bar video menu, someone posted a video of a little baby eating a Habanero pepper. I didn't watch, but these are sick, sick people.

Back to the thread - just Frank's or store brand for me. I'm not in my twenties anymore.

I've started using the Sriracha Chili Sauce in the wide mouth jar too. Damn, it's good on everything.

used to be a frank's purist but now with all the hot sauces out there i use and love em all - the hotter the better - i put it on everything i eat... cottage cheese, pierogi, dorito's, etc and if not using hot sauce than cutting up some goya jalapeno's and tossing them on.

This Garlicky Red Chili Hot Sauce recipe from the NYT is easy, cheap and keeps months in the refrigerator. Very similar to sriracha:
    Time: 20 minutes plus 3 days’ standing)

4 hot red or orange chili peppers, such as habańero
    2 red bell peppers [[ 3/4 pound), roughly chopped
    5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
    3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.

1. Wearing rubber or latex gloves, roughly chop the chilies. Combine all ingredients in a small pot over medium-high heat. Once mixture is simmering, reduce heat to low, cover and continue to simmer until peppers are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Do not inhale vapors; they will sting.
    2. Transfer mixture to a blender and purée. Pour into a medium jar and allow to cool uncovered. Cover tightly and refrigerate for three days. Keep stored in refrigerator; sauce will last for several weeks or months.
    Yield: 2 cups.

Yeah I use Sriracha "Rooster" brand hot sauce as much as I can. Lowest prices are at the authentic Asian stores along the John R corridor between 12 and 14 mile. Anyone have any recipes or unusual foods they use Sriracha with?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

[[CNN) -- "Paul McIlhenny, the chairman and chief executive of the company that makes Tabasco sauce, has died. He was 68.
    McIlhenny Company, based in Avery Island, Louisiana, said he died Saturday. The cause of death was not immediately clear.
    "All of McIlhenny Company and the McIlhenny and Avery families are deeply saddened by this news," Tony Simmons, president of McIlhenny Company, said in a statement Sunday. "We will clearly miss Paul's devoted leadership but will more sorely feel the loss of his acumen, his charm and his irrepressible sense of humor."
    McIlhenny was part of the sixth generation of his family to live on Avery Island and among the fourth generation to make Tabasco, the iconic hot pepper sauce."

I've always wanted to visit that facility on Avery Island. I believe it's actually just a salt dome.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    ... I've always wanted to visit that facility on Avery Island. I believe it's actually just a salt dome.
    Yes, it is a salt dome. We visited there as tourists when I was just a kid. All I remember though is a remarkable number of dead animals on the road and a lot of rain. Someone claimed it rained every day down there.

It's that time of year again. Come on out, as I'm sure you will find something to open up those clogged sinuses [[and possibly remove the top of your head).

http://www.fieryfoodsshow.com/

Frank's on popcorn, better than butter.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Frank's on popcorn, better than butter.
    I'll 2nd that one. I still cook popcorn the old fashioned way, in a heavy sauce pan, and I also like to [[carefully) shoot a few squirts of hot sauce in with the oil before the popcorn starts popping. You can smell the heat as it's popping.

Hm, I didn't see a thread where you can say hello but I man do I love hot sauce so I'll send my greetings out in here. Hey everyone.

I try to buy a new hot sauce each time I go to Honeybee, E&L or Prince Valley. Can't go wrong with all those 2 dollar bottles straight from Mexico. Favorite still is El Yucateco Habanera Roja!

^^^ Welcome to Detroityes and yummy regarding Roya and the stores you mention. Though I've been doing just the cheap ordinary sorta commercial all purpose stuff lately: Louisana Hot Sauce. I've been on a curry kick lately.

Pickapeppa is really Good...Not extreme hot but nice Spice.....Whaler

http://www.pickapeppa.com/

How It's Made - Hot Sauce

The part about salting the tops of the barrels is interesting since they're above a geological salt dome just like Detroit.

It's surprisingly labor-intensive to harvest hot peppers.

"Baton Rouge" is the capitol of Louisiana but its etymology bears no relation to "le petit bāton rouge" mentioned in the video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast