Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Michigan Central Pics.

I just received this in an email. I apologize in advance if it has been posted before.
    Hope it works.

http://photo.photojpl.com/tour/michi...l-hallway.html

Very nice quality. This one captures the volume of the MCD interior. http://photo.photojpl.com/tour/michi...l-waiting.html If at it, as I am now, on a 23" monitor, click up the full screen view. Gotta get me one of those pano camera setups. Maybe I will have to get my boys to jack the Google car when they return. LOL

I hadn't seen it. Totally cool. Except for the creepy train noises.

Outstanding!

Damn....you could make a video game out of that.

These images were taken in late July 2009 and posted online in the middle of August. It's a great resource and where I usually send people if they ask me about going to see the depot.

I just want to say thanks to who created this site, this Street-view type way of viewing the inside of these old buildings really gives you a sense of being inside, if you don't got the guts to go inside some of these mammoth buildings then this is perfect, thanks again, I know how my next 2 hours of work will be spent.

Its been posted here before, but beautiful and good to revisit too.

I've seen it before, but I'll always take this ride.

Here's another....
    ATTACH]7881[/ATTACH]

absolutely amazing what technology can do now a days...

friggin shame about the building though....

Amazing! Make sure to pan up to the ceiling in the "restaurants and shops" page. The masonry is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmicCurse View Post
    Amazing! Make sure to pan up to the ceiling in the "restaurants and shops" page. The masonry is remarkable.
    Sadly the ceiling is not masonry, but plaster scored and finished to look like Caen stone - the material fronting the walls and columns. Lots of the cheap alternatives are why many decorative pieces in the building don't exist anymore. It's revealed in the south east corner of the restaurant ceiling which you can see in this photo by David Wild [[as found on Flickr.com)

Attachment 7885

Here's another...

Attachment 7886

More photos of Michigan Central Station Here:

http://detroitstockphotos.photoshelt...004X5BSGgrDGU/