Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: DPS Apparel

Default DPS Apparel

Does anyone know who or where is selling classic, vintage Detroit Public Schools sports or student apparel with all the classic logos? I am trying to recover old Cooley High and Guest [[later Bethune), and Renaissance HS material from 1978- 1982...

Ebay or classmate.com or put a wanted ad on craiglist. I have a 1978 Cooley yearbook.

Wiz: For cooley stuff, try www.cooleyalumni.com. Great source for all things vintage original Cooley.

I remember having to wear the godawful Renaissance wear for gym class 81-85. Those shorts were short all right, and I've still got the skinniest legs ever. Thanks to the Fab Five shorts got longer. I don't remember any logo'd material other than the gym wear. We didn't get any athletics till 83-84.

I still have my Cass Tech gym wear. It hasn't fit since 1978, but, dammit, I still have it!

My sister's stupid CT letter jacket still fits though, and she still wears it around me. She always knew how to make me mad... grrrr...