Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Torya Blanchard and Good Girls Go To Paris Featured on Huffington Post

Torya Blanchard and Good Girls Go To Paris are featured as an inspirational story on Huffington Post.

In a video accompanying the article, Torya talks about doing something you love and having the courage to fail: "It's this moment of letting go, and this moment of, OK, if you put all of this into your business, if you put all of your money, everything you've got into your business and the business fails, you're OK with that."
    from the article:
    When Torya Blanchard was a child, she was caught shoplifting from a local store on the eve of a family trip to Paris. Given the timing of the transgression, her immediate grounding was all the more painful. Only good girls get to go to Paris, her mother told her. Crushed, Torya quickly cleaned up her act, but never forgot Paris...

In the first installment of The Huffington Post's new video series on individuals who dove into entrepreneurship after losing or leaving their nine to five, we give you the story of Torya Blanchard and her Detroit creperie, Good Girls Go To Paris.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_787230.html

Great story! Who knows what inspirational ripple effects can come from something like that.

Did she ever get to Paris though?

Great stuff!

Wha? That's all the play this story got?

Torya is an inspiration to Detroit, and a personal inspiration to me as an entrepreneur. Thanks for taking the risk, Torya, and living the dream!

If only she tore down a building or something.

All she does it make great crepes!

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    Wha? That's all the play this story got?

Torya is an inspiration to Detroit, and a personal inspiration to me as an entrepreneur. Thanks for taking the risk, Torya, and living the dream!
    Co-signed! Time for a crepe next week!

Default Crepes @ Torya's Place

I'll be havin' a crepe there as soon as I touch down @ DTW and make my way to the D. Well done, Torya!

gdogslim Guest

Is she related to John Blanchard?

You got it, English. Get in touch, and I'll introduce you to the GP Katie. Yum!